Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 598
# 1 Should counter spam
10-15-2013, 10:12 AM
There should be science powers to counter Tyken rifts, Gravity wells, and aceton assimilators. Now there are DOFF that help players drop multiple acetons, and multiple Gravity wells. I was in a match where is was stuck between 4 gavity wells where none of my engine boosting and buffs worked ,while I was taking quadruple damag from the wells and damage from the opposing team. Keep in mind once your ship stops moving you get a -15 defense rating, so everything that hits you will count.

In another time I was hit with a Tyken rift that drained me down to 0. My weapons, shields, and engine power levels were drain to 0. I became a sitting duck for those who wanted to attack. I don't think there should be powers that completely drain you down to 0 or it becomes a game breaker and the match is no longer a match, just an easy slaughter.

Once these things are fired off, there is no way I can think of to counter the effects. The devs need to come up with science powers to counter these spam or dail back the the power effects of them. If they don't want to make new powers then they need to limit the number of spam to two within proximity of eachother or they cancel out one another.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,522
# 2
10-15-2013, 10:19 AM
LOL! Nerf them? They've BEEN NERFED since the game opened up! They only just got a SLIGHT boost now....

Not sure how you were getting 4 at once, but as soon as I hit TR on a target it REMOVES my GW that was already there. I don't know if one cancels the other out or what.

Not to mention, GW damage absolutely sucks. Even on a super squishy Bird of Prey (some 26000 hull, if I recall) I sat still and let a fully charged GW3 eat away at me. I was in no danger at all. I also wasn't held down AT ALL, and could move freely as if there was no pull.


Not to mention, you shouldn't screw over the rest of the game because of abuses in a totally broken gameplay construct (PvP).
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,886
# 3
10-15-2013, 10:32 AM
APO negates the movement debuff of gravity well. Just don't hang around bc it'll still do Dmg to your hull.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 598
# 4
10-15-2013, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
LOL! Nerf them? They've BEEN NERFED since the game opened up! They only just got a SLIGHT boost now....

Not sure how you were getting 4 at once, but as soon as I hit TR on a target it REMOVES my GW that was already there. I don't know if one cancels the other out or what.

Not to mention, GW damage absolutely sucks. Even on a super squishy Bird of Prey (some 26000 hull, if I recall) I sat still and let a fully charged GW3 eat away at me. I was in no danger at all. I also wasn't held down AT ALL, and could move freely as if there was no pull.


Not to mention, you shouldn't screw over the rest of the game because of abuses in a totally broken gameplay construct (PvP).
Noboday said anything about nerfed. I say there should be a limit they should have at one spot. yes, there can be four now that there are DOFFs the help you get more thant one. Plus the powere of the spam is given by the players AUX power levels. If you have a science ship and have your AUX abilities mexed out you can do alot of damage with spam.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,151
# 5
10-15-2013, 02:24 PM
The only op sci skill is snb. A mass debuff is fine, but doubling skills should not be in any game...

As to your counters...evasive maneuvers, full power to engines, epte, ap. plenty of counters.

I would love for space anomalies to have friendly fire, that could be interesting
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,223
# 6
10-15-2013, 02:26 PM
There's a DOFF for AA? Missed that one.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,509
# 7
10-16-2013, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
Once these things are fired off, there is no way I can think of to counter the effects. The devs need to come up with science powers to counter these spam or dail back the the power effects of them. If they don't want to make new powers then they need to limit the number of spam to two within proximity of eachother or they cancel out one another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
Noboday said anything about nerfed. I say there should be a limit they should have at one spot. yes, there can be four now that there are DOFFs the help you get more thant one. Plus the powere of the spam is given by the players AUX power levels. If you have a science ship and have your AUX abilities mexed out you can do alot of damage with spam.
It certainly sounds like your asking for a Nerf.

If you have just 3 ranks in the Power Insulators and Inertial Dampener skills these abilities will barely effect you and that's from a Sci with 9 Ranks in Flow Capacitors, Flow Capacitor Consoles and Max Aux power.

Back before Sci Console meant universals people used to use Power Insulators and Inertial Dampeners to counter those abilities now days every aspect of a ship build is about DPS people forget the need to counter abilities and than cry for Nerfs. If anything Sci abilities need to be improved across the board.

And there are no DOFFs that effect any consoles. So Aceton Assimilators aren't being boosted by DOFFs.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,046
# 8
10-16-2013, 03:48 AM
There is only one way to get 4 GWs or TRs on a field and that is to use multiple players, either 1 with a doff that procs to form 2 GWs and then another player fires off a second well with no doff or have 4 people with no doff fire it off.

Also, 4 GWs stopping you moving? What the hell do you expect? Use APO for an escort, Aux2Damp for a cruiser or I think Polarize hull covers it science side. But you can easily fly out of a single well with evasives (unless you run an aux2damp build in which case you are just immune to the pull)
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,370
# 9
10-16-2013, 03:57 AM
Plus you really should know that Tyken's Rift is cleared completely by Hazard Emitters.....

Also, there's no such thing as a doff interacting with Aceton Assimilators.

Quote:
Noboday said anything about nerfed. I say there should be a limit they should have at one spot. yes, there can be four now that there are DOFFs the help you get more thant one. Plus the powere of the spam is given by the players AUX power levels. If you have a science ship and have your AUX abilities mexed out you can do alot of damage with spam.
Grav Well is simply countered by movement - having 4 Grav Wells proc is an extremely rare event - and bear in mind that a Grav Well with that strength sure didn't come from an escort - which means you just have to withstand fire from a Science vessel. Science vessels sacrifice weapons power to give themselves good Aux. They can't have very good firepower then. Yeah, so if we max out Aux, we can do plenty of damage with abilities - just as escorts can do plenty of damage with weapons if they max out Weapons power!

If there were multiple people using Grav Well on you - you very well should take a beating unless other people are healing you. Multiple attackers means multiple defenders needed.

Oh, Polarize Hull doesn't counter GW. I've tried. Stick to Aux to Dampeners and APO. But then again redistributing power to engines and using evasive should work fine.
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
"Squeak?"

Last edited by scurry5; 10-16-2013 at 04:00 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 598
# 10
10-16-2013, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
There is only one way to get 4 GWs or TRs on a field and that is to use multiple players, either 1 with a doff that procs to form 2 GWs and then another player fires off a second well with no doff or have 4 people with no doff fire it off.

Also, 4 GWs stopping you moving? What the hell do you expect? Use APO for an escort, Aux2Damp for a cruiser or I think Polarize hull covers it science side. But you can easily fly out of a single well with evasives (unless you run an aux2damp build in which case you are just immune to the pull)
I talk to the player that fired the 4 GW's off. He admitted being able to fire off four with the the new doff type. You know some new DOFFs allow you to stack the ability. Thats probably what's going on. What is happening is he is not fire off 4 at once but able to fire 4 GW's within seconds of eachother. Thats what the new DOFFS allow.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:53 PM.