Commander
# 1 [Borg] Proc on weapons
10-12-2013, 08:03 AM
So, i bought a fleet Ambassidor and a Fleet Excelsior the other day. Moved all my main stuff over to the F Excel, and decided to put all the old [borg] proc MK X weapons on the Ambassidor for giggles....

Finally got the Nukara for the Ambassidor, and decided to take her out for a spin.....

Went to The Conduit, Elite, and that Ambassidor cut through everything like butter.....Seriously, could Cryptic have fixed that proc and not told anyone? 10 minutes or less and we were done, and everything i fired on melted....

Just wondering....I got all my old MKXII gear from by Excel i am replacing with Fleet Adv. Weapons to put on the Ambassidor, but that was fun.....
Captain
# 2
10-12-2013, 08:20 AM
Wellll, the proc wasn't totally broken, I think. It was mainly erratic.

It seemed to work on regular full Borg, last I heard. It was just the semi-Borg/semi-something else that the proc didn't work for. So that'd be assimilated KDF (the ships in Cure) and assimilated Romulan (Donatra and her mines in Khitomer).

I still happily use those weapons for STF's on some of my older characters, as the proc should do fine on Spheres, Probes (both static and moving), Cubes, Gateways and Transformers. I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't parse.
Captain
# 3
10-12-2013, 08:21 AM
I believe that against the Borg vessels and structures in Infected and Khitomer the [Borg] proc operates properly, but not against the assimilated Klingon ships in Cure.

The problem isn't that the proc doesn't work, it's that the proc doesn't correctly detect all Borg. That and because it affected only one enemy group while they were designing new endgame missions that heavily involved other enemy groups, they decided to discontinue the modifier rather than fix whatever lists it references.
Captain
# 4
10-12-2013, 12:23 PM
Add those old anti-Borg space weapons to the Omega Store as a project unlock! And while they are at it, restore the old anti-Borg Bat'leth and add anti-Borg Lipira, anti-Borg Naus sword, and an anti-Borg falchon all as another Omega reputation store unlock.
Captain
# 5
10-13-2013, 03:25 PM
There were probably a lot of APBs in play there. So no, it's not your ship or your weapons, it's your team as well.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
10-17-2013, 05:21 PM
Part of moi would like to see the Borg proc readjusted for better use on Antiproton suites, more than much else, as I have all the flavor types, from the grind system prior to the rep system coming online, spread between many of my main Fed engy's ships. It'd be nice to see them reappear on the rep system store, along with anti-Borg melee weaponry as well.

However with the current ground anti-borg weapons, and the Romulan Plasma, makes wanting the old Borg proc, more of a 'want', and not a need, as between all the plasma procs in the game, the AMP off elite cores, ships with Plasmonic Leech on em, and other assorted small buffs that all end up adding into large scale butt whuppings of the Borg anymore (even on HSE for moi last night,) gameplay on PvE atm isn't all too difficult, and so on.

Still, the old Borg proc 'does' need an adjustment, to avoid all ships simply ending up a bunch of Rommy plasma only boats club. Variety 'would' be nice for those that want other weapon flavor types, to not be pigeon holed into only one way to 'win the game', and so on such crud.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
10-17-2013, 05:37 PM
the one thing i loved about the [borg] proc weapons was that it was a great way to get mk x to mk xii RARE (as that is what it is outside of fighting borg) gear...made it great to test new weapons out without spending an arm and a leg...sometimes a head depending on the type of weapon in questing (Cough...AP...Cough)...i would love to see it in the omrga store....but WITHOUT the dam dilth costs....thats what Fleet gear and Rep sets are for

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 8
10-17-2013, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
the one thing i loved about the [borg] proc weapons was that it was a great way to get mk x to mk xii RARE (as that is what it is outside of fighting borg) gear...made it great to test new weapons out without spending an arm and a leg...sometimes a head depending on the type of weapon in questing (Cough...AP...Cough)...i would love to see it in the omrga store....but WITHOUT the dam dilth costs....thats what Fleet gear and Rep sets are for
I agree. I want the old anti-Borg weapons added to the Omega Store. And I also agree with you that the cost should not be dilithium, but the extra Omega Marks instead.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
10-17-2013, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwford View Post
I agree. I want the old anti-Borg weapons added to the Omega Store. And I also agree with you that the cost should not be dilithium, but the extra Omega Marks instead.
oh yeah , definitely there...would give us good use for the surplus omega marks

as for on-topic. I was trying my avenger out my tac, and happened to have x3 borg ap DHCs and x3 borg ap DCs, along with x3 borg ap turrets....lets just say im glad i never got rid of them heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Captain
# 10
10-18-2013, 06:54 PM
For those of you who want the [Borg] proc back, I think you should consider something. Namely, it cuts down the purple weapons to be the equivalent of blues when not fighting a Borg. So your Mk XII purple space weaponry with a [Borg] proc is, against most enemies, actually a blue. Granted, since STFs are generally the most played end-game content, for many this will not be a problem. Nevertheless, I think this bears consideration and mentioning, especially anyone interested in PvP.