Lt. Commander
I vote for the removal of the penalty timer.

Pros:
1. no more afkers
2. no more arses
3. ppl have to learn to play correctly or wont be able to find team in pug.
4. normal players can quit if the pug they're in are full of arses who don't listen, or afkers.

Cons:
Ppl would say quitters, but shouldn't we ask why we have quitters in 1st place? the answers are above.

In brief, why must normal player be punished with timer? The game pugs become less enjoyable since the implement the timer.

Post you pros and cons with the timer and let the devs know.
Career Officer
# 2
07-12-2013, 08:22 PM
I agree many a 30 minute STF with not so capable players that were unwilling to listen and/or poorly equipped. 1 or 2 afkers suckin up the free koolaid because 30 mins is better than anhour of waiting because i had the misfortune of being teamed with them and no way out except the 60 minute penalty while they just get to rejoin another group since i left first...

And yes it may be abused but if your winning and everyone is paying attention and participating do you really think anyone is going to leave before the reward?
Career Officer
# 3
07-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Isn't this like the 10th thread you've made for the same idea now? Repeating a bad idea doesn't make it any less bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.
Republic Veteran
# 4
07-12-2013, 10:08 PM
This again.......this kids is the definition of insanity.

The Following signature is not endorsed by the Dukat administration, and Down with Bajor Party

Lt. Commander
# 5
07-13-2013, 02:23 AM
I will repost and pump the idea til it is heard. Why? because I wasn't here when the timer got implemented. Therefore, my voice wasn't heard. Also I don't like the kick option because it will eventually lead to another form of abuse.

And tell me why that timer removal is a bad idea? Before timer, we have only to deal with quitters. I don't have problem with that because I know how to play. Moreover, without the timer, ppl have to learn how to play because if they don't, no one want to play with them.

Nowaday, with the timer, opl know that other players are forced to stay, resulting afkers and noobs that don't want to learn how to play (aka arses.)

Am I the only one here feel being punished and unfair because of the penal timer? Why am I stuck with afkers or bad players?

So, why should we remove the timer? 'cause it solved existing problems (afkers/arses/bad players) without create another form of abuse.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-13-2013, 02:30 AM
Anyone who is afraid of quitters and wants want timer to stay... probably is an afker or arse 'cause without the timer, they probably wont be able to play in pugs... when no1 wants them. I don't see any other reason than that.
Ensign
# 7
07-14-2013, 02:09 AM
Yeah bring the pugs back to before timer. I'm tired of having no choice but to play with afkers and idiots. We basically trade quitters for afkers and idiots.

Sure there were quitters, but so what? ppl have the choice to do private instance to avoid quitters. Imo, remove the timer and see how things are. The only reason ppl quit is: other players are sux/idiots. So tell me what kinda game forces ppl to play with idiots/afkers. It would take less time to quit and re-queue than playing with idiots.

If you aren't sux, other players wont quit on you. The pug isn't a place to learn how to play. We have private instance for that. STO pug model is backward. It forces good players to play in private. A normal model should be: players should know how to play in pugs because if you don't, you would be kicked out of the pug. Since STO didn't have a kick option, the orginal pugs didn't have the timer.

If you're tired of afkers and idiots, ask the devs to remove the timer. Good/decent players wont have to deal with afkers and idiots wihout the timer.
Captain
# 8
07-14-2013, 02:42 AM
Honestly, afkers are a waste of space (pun intended), but new players I can deal with. Folks new to a given mission aren't necessarily bad players... but for the love of <whatever you do> please ask what to do before charging into combat, or at least pick someone to play wingman for so you can watch and learn how they react to a given situation.

I don't like the timers for a different reason: personally, I've had the timer kick in on more than one occasion when the server fails to transfer me *into* the STF map. Having a time penalty means that the penalty must be designed and implemented correctly to serve its desired function... and since there don't seem to be actual GMs or a decent turnaround time for tickets you lose out entirely when the system fails to function correctly. While this usually only occurs after a big patch/update, it is still irksome since customer service seems either unable (due to capability, system, or organizational limitations) or unwilling to do anything that actually helps when this does happen.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand... timer bad, afk bad, pugs fine; noobs can learn, idiots cannot.
Ensign
# 9
07-14-2013, 03:00 AM
Has anyone ever got pug into a middle of the match where there is an afker and 2 idiots? I have, and it's sux big.

The two idiots kept approaching the boss even we kept telling them that it would cloak if they were within 5km. It was the longest estf ever. It took 90min to finish it 'cause the boss just cloaked as soon as it decloaked due to the 2 idiots. Normally it would be done in 20min if the dps is good.. 30min max.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-14-2013, 03:44 AM
easiest way to improve the pug experience would be : dont team me up with someone on my ignore list - i have seen this in other mmos and it seems to work great