Career Officer
# 41
07-29-2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miri2 View Post
So, one thing those dozens of uniform options have in common is that they are variations on Starfleet uniforms. Yes, the game allows players a wide variety of uniforms to choose from so that players have an easier time making their character look like an individual. Yes, this is, in fact, the opposite intention of a uniform, but this is a concession to gameplay.
The "mercenary" and formal dress costumes, yes, are off-duty wear. But they're all a far cry from swimwear.

Ultimately, it comes down to this: If you're in a navy, and your superior officer sends you a message while you're off-duty on shore saying "get to my station now," you might be excused if you rushed to his station wearing your civies to save some time.
He'd probably throw a fit, though, if you rushed into his office wearing a speedo and swim goggles.*
I think the same principle can be seen to apply here.

* Assuming, as Star Trek seems to, a society operating more or less within the parameters of "Western" Earther values.
Considering the allowed "mirror universe" bared midrift uniforms and the female formal dress. Oh and dressing in religious robes. If you got called to a command center so fast you could not change at all before hand, then they are going to accept a speedo or bikini.
(Though a towel wrap would be a good thing to include in such a costume Cryptic.)
Again, it is they relaxed the uniform code to ludicrous levels already. Saying we are drawing a line at that point is a little odd.
Also I am with many that would like to see, the mercenary set on the uniform tab. Just so the belts and the like can be used.
Rihannsu
# 42
07-29-2013, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiqa View Post
Considering the allowed "mirror universe" bared midrift uniforms and the female formal dress. Oh and dressing in religious robes. If you got called to a command center so fast you could not change at all before hand, then they are going to accept a speedo or bikini.
(Though a towel wrap would be a good thing to include in such a costume Cryptic.)
Again, it is they relaxed the uniform code to ludicrous levels already. Saying we are drawing a line at that point is a little odd.
Also I am with many that would like to see, the mercenary set on the uniform tab. Just so the belts and the like can be used.
I also like this idea. I'm puzzled as to why they're offduty myself.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Ensign
So like, is there any way to get bikinis in this game for any species besides orion, at any point, ever?

Last edited by fangusskreed; 08-19-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Lieutenant
# 44
08-19-2013, 10:22 PM
While we're at it, I want a chest hair feature so my Captain looks macho in his risian explorer top! lol
Starfleet Veteran
# 45
08-26-2013, 03:05 PM
Dear Cryptic,

In creating this game, did you happen to notice how most women in TOS ended up dressing? And you're worried about bikinis?

Prudes...
Career Officer
# 46
08-26-2013, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiqa View Post
The towel wrap is there. Its called a TOS Nurse Skirt. Sadly it is only a female variant...
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Captain
# 47
08-29-2013, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord79 View Post
Really Cryptic?

What happened to the No Bikinis for Players Because We don't Want Them on Other Planets Rule?

You still keep them from us and yet there is this NPC wearing one on NR for example.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-K...3-21-21-32.jpg
She's an NPC... they have no rules! Even her parents said so!

(Seriously, they couldn't make the bikinis to fit the player character models this time, so only the NPCs could have bikinis. It's likely next summer we will have them.)
Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
Captain
# 48
08-29-2013, 07:44 PM
And watch what happens. It'll be like SWTOR after they added "adaptive armor", where they had Jedi running around in Leia's slave outfit and soldiers relying on their well-toned abs for chest protection.

If they add bikinis, they should give them negative-number protection values since they're worse than TNG pajamas in anything besides Earth-tropical atmospheric conditions.
Capt. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer

Last edited by starswordc; 08-29-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Career Officer
# 49
09-03-2013, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
And watch what happens. It'll be like SWTOR after they added "adaptive armor", where they had Jedi running around in Leia's slave outfit and soldiers relying on their well-toned abs for chest protection.

If they add bikinis, they should give them negative-number protection values since they're worse than TNG pajamas in anything besides Earth-tropical atmospheric conditions.
Bad comparison. For every jedi in fetish-wear you had three complaining that the clothing system was nuts. Picking and choosing armour based on stats and not on appearance.

That said, clothing in STO does nothing but set an appearance. You buy armour to stop damage and wear that over your clothes.

Aaand I just figured out how they will get swimwear into the next summer event. Introduce a swimming event to showcase the new swimming feature. Bikinis are the off duty reward. .