Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Romulan Flotilla
Login

Career Officer
Here is question for you all.

My new and only Romulan would like a freighter to help getting colonial chains.

From what I read the two have most of the same options, other than two things

Personnel officer and Suliban liaison officer.

Personnel officer is available via TW at home bases so then we go to the Suliban liaison officer.

What are the missions that they give out?
...and worth the extra cost?

Right now the Tuffli is at about 110m (nearly double the price it was 2 weeks ago when i started saving up), and the Cell ship is 160m

Is it worth it?

Thanks
Captain
# 2
07-13-2013, 06:33 PM
In short, no.

Both those ships are valuable if you have a Ferengi due to the discount but otherwise you should just have someone invite you to one, the discount does not justify the rather step price since in order to make the most, you need to be a Ferengi.
Former Star Trek Online Player
Career Officer
# 3
07-14-2013, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
In short, no.

Both those ships are valuable if you have a Ferengi due to the discount but otherwise you should just have someone invite you to one, the discount does not justify the rather step price since in order to make the most, you need to be a Ferengi.
Actually... no. If you buy from a freighter in space (plenty of them in sirius or regulus) using your freighter you get the max discount of 40%. No need for a ferengi captain. The freighter has no effect on ground vendors.

That said the price of both ships is really inflated. The Tuffli used to cost 15-20 millions when it was dropping. For some reason the cell ship seems to be very rare making it cost an eye and a leg.
So the question is, are you ready to pay 150 million EC for access to some doff assignment guy?
Join Unrepentant!

Captain
# 4
07-14-2013, 02:01 AM
I suggest that you wait around a bit.

We're probably due for a bugship promo on doff packs in a couple of months, if previous doffpacks are any indication. If it follows the same trend as the Tuffli did, you'll find a glut of Suliban Cell ships on the exchange during that time, meaning rather low prices.
Take it easy!

Ishmael@scurry5: A Nibbling Sci
"Squeak?"
Rihannsu
# 5
07-14-2013, 10:01 AM
The Doff assignments that you get from the Cell Ship can reward Suliban doffs like you get from the Romulan Survivor Packs that are currently in the C-Store. But those missions take 5 days to complete, and I think you can only do one at a time.

Now from a friend's Cell ship I did a DOFF mission that gave me a DOFF worth 20 mil as a reward, but that was from a very lucky Crit.

The ship its self is probably not worth it, a Borg transwarp engine would be cheaper to just zip around sector space. Diplomatic CXP and a fleet Transwarp gate provide easy access to the different areas of the game anyways. Also for the DOFFs you can just ask in the Public Service channel for an invite to a Cell Ship for access to those missions.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Republic Veteran
# 6
07-14-2013, 11:03 AM
The current price for cell ships is completely absurd, I would be surprised if any are sold at all. Come the next bugship promo they should drop in price.
# 7
07-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlapo View Post
Actually... no. If you buy from a freighter in space (plenty of them in sirius or regulus) using your freighter you get the max discount of 40%. No need for a ferengi captain. The freighter has no effect on ground vendors.
Thats not the point, space vendors are not discount vendors but the Cell ship have a discount vendor, like the Tuffli.

Technically freighters in sector space MIGHT offer at discount vendor rates but that would require not only the planets to align but also the galaxies to align.

If you are buying from Freighters in space you are not really saving the most as specialized commodity vendors offer the greater discount.
Former Star Trek Online Player

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 07-14-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Career Officer
# 8
07-14-2013, 09:25 PM
I would advise you to wait until they fix the Cell ship before making a purchase decision.

Currently the ship selector doesn't work.
Captain
# 9
07-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Tuffli hasn't been below 90 mil (at least not for long) in months.

That said if you're gonna buy something that costs in that price range, might as well get the best.
Republic Veteran
# 10
07-14-2013, 10:05 PM
The Tau Dewa aid assignments can be run all at once but there's a trick to it, you have to click on each mission before starting any of them,then start them all from the Personal tab in the assignments screen. They also don't count against your DOFF assignment cap.