Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Romulan Flotilla
Login

Republic Veteran
# 11
07-15-2013, 10:42 AM
Wait until the person(s) who manipulate the price of the freighter got bored bored, then the price will drop.
Additionally, IMHO the 100 Item Mail-Limit and the 400 DOFF max limit per char, with no realistic way to convert lowlevel DOFFs to higher ones quickly [the 8k dilithium "solution" for random purples does not count] to free rooster space is not helpfull in pushing the sales of that pack, i bet there will be a JHAS promotion soon to push the sales, when that happens the price will fall quickly (and numerous green and white doffs will find a gruesome death by "spacing").

STO, where everything is awesome! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StTqXEQ2l-Y
Career Officer
# 12
07-18-2013, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Thats not the point, space vendors are not discount vendors but the Cell ship have a discount vendor, like the Tuffli.

Technically freighters in sector space MIGHT offer at discount vendor rates but that would require not only the planets to align but also the galaxies to align.

If you are buying from Freighters in space you are not really saving the most as specialized commodity vendors offer the greater discount.
You are wrong, it has nothing to do with luck. The discount is there all the time.
Go to a freighter vendor (not Mudd, not the ferengi and not the Azure II) and check the prices. 20% discount on almost all commodities. The exact discount you get from the vendor inside the freighter, in fact it is the same list. But what I pointed out is that if you buy from a freighter while using your freighter you get an EXTRA 20% for a total of 40% discount on those commodities. That is as cheap as it gets.
The commodities that have no discount can be purchased in the embassy commodity discount vendor.
Join Unrepentant!

Last edited by overlapo; 07-18-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Commander
# 13
07-18-2013, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlapo View Post
You are wrong, it has nothing to do with luck. The discount is there all the time.
Go to a freighter vendor (not Mudd, not the ferengi and not the Azure II) and check the prices. 20% discount on almost all commodities. The exact discount you get from the vendor inside the freighter, in fact it is the same list. But what I pointed out is that if you buy from a freighter while using your freighter you get an EXTRA 20% for a total of 40% discount on those commodities. That is as cheap as it gets.
The commodities that have no discount can be purchased in the embassy commodity discount vendor.
Almost. you get 20% off the 20%. In other words you pay 64% of the base cost of the items that are sold discounted at the "Cargo Ship" and 20% off the ones that are not discounted anywhere but the Embassy.

You can also get that best price if you have the Ferengi space set and buy from "Cargo Ship" or are Ferengi and buy from inside the Freighter.
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
07-18-2013, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlapo View Post
Actually... no. If you buy from a freighter in space (plenty of them in sirius or regulus) using your freighter you get the max discount of 40%. No need for a ferengi captain. The freighter has no effect on ground vendors.

That said the price of both ships is really inflated. The Tuffli used to cost 15-20 millions when it was dropping. For some reason the cell ship seems to be very rare making it cost an eye and a leg.
So the question is, are you ready to pay 150 million EC for access to some doff assignment guy?
This isn't actually true, I was following the cost of the tuffli pretty closely - and I own three.

The tuffli when it was dropping the first time (as the only reward) was selling around the 100m mark, it dropped down to a peak low of 80m.

When it was re-released in the same box as the Bug Ship, that's when it hit a low of 15-20m. The reason for that is, I would have thought, plainly obvious. People were opening the boxes en-masse to try and get a bug ship. The tuffli was seen as a small comfort for not getting it, but it wasn't the main objective of opening the boxes so they ended up selling pretty cheap.

I would imagine the amount of doff packs being opened now is nowhere near as many as when the bug ship was in it - people are only opening the boxes for the cell ship, and as such, the price isn't dropping to absurdly low levels.

15-20m for a Tuffli is an absolute BARGAIN, that was way underpriced. 40-60m seemed liked a fair and decent price, but supply dictates price as the demand remains pretty constant.

IMHO The Cell Ship isn't worth the added money. There are two benefits to it: The doff assignments which lock up 5 valuable doffs for 5 days in the hope of getting something good, and the fact all of the consoles are in one room so you don't have to run around to get to the bank/scientist/engineer/operations guy etc.

The second one is either a plus or a minus depending on how you look at it - it's more practical, but less immersive and the bridge is far less beautiful. I think the Tuffli is the single best lockbox-bridge bar none. It looks like a lot of time and effort went into it, while the cell ship looks like they just decided to make a room and cram everything into it.

So there you are, make of that what you will - just my $0.02
Career Officer
# 15
07-18-2013, 08:35 AM
And there was me thinking that this thread had something to do with Dragonball Z!
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.