Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Fleet System and Holdings
Login

Starfleet Veteran
There are constantly freighters warping in and out of the starbase systems.

I think it would be fun and useful if they carried a small number of cheap commodities, sometimes rare commodities like gamma quadrant stuff, or are smugglers that allow you to confiscate contraband, or have a doff contact aboard for trade missions, or...

You get the idea.

Just random stuff with better chance for the more rare stuff at higher fleet levels or better prices at higher fleet level.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
07-14-2013, 02:39 PM
That's an EC and Dilithium farm just waiting to happen.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
07-14-2013, 03:15 PM
Why? Commodities won't be free, just less expensive than most vendors but more expensive then reselling price.

And everything else would be just dumb luck to find.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
07-14-2013, 04:28 PM
Gamma Quadrant Commodities and Contraband really shouldn't be so readily available without the risk that comes with the DOFF missions. Otherwise, it'll be an easy alternative, when it's piled by low costs. Contraband would be bought at prices easy to purchase, and Gamma Quadrant Commodities are even lower. Not to mention those are used in procuring Fleet Credits.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
07-14-2013, 06:14 PM
Well, than unique doff assignments then for getting those.. Just throwing ideas out here.

What would you do with those freighters on the fleet map?
Career Officer
# 6
07-15-2013, 07:18 AM
Anything that can be easily afk farmed shouldn't be allowed, this is one of those things
Super Moderator
# 7
07-16-2013, 09:28 AM
I see no reason why they couldn't behave in much the same way as any other NPC freighter does.

I think it would be great if they offered a random selection of commodities and consumables, at the normal price. It would make completing fleet projects a bit easier.

Don't think they need to be discounted because there are other ways available to get that.

I'd also love to see them make Trade CXP assignments available. The only good place for Trade assignments currently is near DS9. Another source of Trade assignments would be nice.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
# 8
07-16-2013, 11:11 AM
I'd just be happy if they said inane things to eachother like they do in that lagfest 20-man mission. I could watch them blather for hours.

But yes, usefullness would be awesome. You can only gawk at your freshly upgraded starbase for so long before cursing the existance of the extra loading screen, we need another reason to be there.

You are a peadge. And you are a peadge. Everybody is a peadge!
So much floof.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
07-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Why not an "inspect for contraband mission"?

You hail the freighters, beam on them with your away team and search for contraband, maybe a firefigth o two and a 20 h CD, and get a few contraband items for your efforts
In every time,
in every place,
the deeds of men
remain the same...
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-17-2013, 03:23 PM
Could be part of the daily starbase mission for Fleet Marks. I'd say this one would probably need to yield more than just the 5.
Fleet Affiliations:
FED: Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet: SB3, TAC3, ENG3, SCI3, Win, Int, DOff(T/E/S/B)
KDF: Parliamentary Klingon Empire: SB2, TAC2, ENG2, SCI2, Win, DOff(T)

Interested in joining? Please send a PM to @Tahna_Los.