Ensign
# 11
07-18-2013, 07:12 PM
I'm still having this problem, too. Have been for almost two weeks now. I don't know where to find the error number but I'll post it if I do.

I have only a fed character, and the crash occurs as soon as I try to open/create a project. it goes to the "patching foundry" box thing for a while and then just gives up and crashes to desktop.

Today's update did nothing to help. =/
Career Officer
# 12
07-18-2013, 08:15 PM
Hey CrypticFrost,

There's been some discussion about the crashes over in this thread too in the general discussion forum: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=762281

malize did a couple tests and it looks like:
  1. Fed toon on Fed mission = OK
  2. KDF toon on KDF mission = crash
  3. Fed toon on KDF mission = OK

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-18-2013, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
Hey CrypticFrost,

There's been some discussion about the crashes over in this thread too in the general discussion forum: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=762281

malize did a couple tests and it looks like:
  1. Fed toon on Fed mission = OK
  2. KDF toon on KDF mission = crash
  3. Fed toon on KDF mission = OK
I'll attempt to re-create each success/error combination with error number right now using the update build pushed today:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KDF Toon Tests--

Test 1: KDF toon on unpublished Fed mission = Crash (22114568)

Test 2: approx. 23:02 Central Time: KDF toon on unpublished KDF mission = Crash (Unknown, drops submittal before err# assigned)

Test 3: approx. 23:07 Central Time: KDF toon on previously published Fed mission = Crash (Unknown, drops submittal before err# assigned)

Test 4: KDF toon on previously published KDF mission = Crash (22114568)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fed Toon Tests-- (repeated with same published/unpublished missions as KDF toon for continuity)

Test 1: Fed toon on unpublished Fed mission = ok

Test 2: Fed toon on unpublished KDF mission = ok

Test 3: Fed toon on published Fed mission = ok

Test 4: Fed toon on published KDF mission = ok

Real Sector Maps - Online Atlas - for Star Trek/STO
Foundry Missions:
Scepter of Minos * Grapok in the Generals Lung * The Sky Above, The Clouds Below * Legend of the Inspector General (16+) * Miridoor (41+) * Survival Must Be Earned (a Klingon Romeo and Juliet story)

Last edited by realmalize; 07-18-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 14
07-19-2013, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the information. The crash number that you report is one that is still being worked on.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 15
07-19-2013, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinlolnix View Post
I'm still having this problem, too. Have been for almost two weeks now. I don't know where to find the error number but I'll post it if I do.
If you get the Cryptic Error Tracker when the crash happens, there's a big white box where it asks you to enter what was happening at the time of the crash. Below that box will be a number and that's what I'm looking for. People have been reporting the error tracker closing before a number displays. This pretty much means that error has maxed out on reports, so it's well known issue.

From what I'm seeing so far, the crashes still occurring are known issues which are still being worked on. Thank you all for your assistance in tracking down these issues.
Captain
# 16
07-19-2013, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
If you get the Cryptic Error Tracker when the crash happens, there's a big white box where it asks you to enter what was happening at the time of the crash. Below that box will be a number and that's what I'm looking for. People have been reporting the error tracker closing before a number displays. This pretty much means that error has maxed out on reports, so it's well known issue.

From what I'm seeing so far, the crashes still occurring are known issues which are still being worked on. Thank you all for your assistance in tracking down these issues.
Thank you Crypticfrost for all your hard work and thank you STO and Cryptic as well. It can't be easy to listen to all of us complaining LOL.

I'm sorry for being quite grumpy about it at times lately . LOL

It's just , this crashing......of the foundry... gets soo frustrating I tell ya. As I'm sure it is for you all to hear bout it too.

Anyhow God Bless you all.

And here's hoping one day, we'll get the Good news that the foundry will be an Installable software some day , only needing to connect to the server when it's time to publish.

Ensign
# 17 Foundry crashes
07-20-2013, 03:30 AM
Hi,

Just started my foundry career and was creating my first mission. I got to the the point when the mission was almost done. I saved the mission and tried to play one map of it. After coming back to the editor. The editor was slow to respond and in the end it crashed. Now I can't open the project or create a new one as it keeps crashing on the starting editor screen.

Ticked ID: 24095108

This is a fed toon and a fed project not published.

Hopefully you can get this sorted. And thanks for the hard work on STO.

I sent a the full error report yesterday, but not sure if the one with this ticket number sent the whole thing, as the error reporting thing closed sooner than usual. (usually takes around an hour now finished in ten minutes.)

Also... I'm new to the forums so hi everyone.
Captain
# 18
07-20-2013, 09:57 AM
Having the same troubles,

my error ticket 24095720

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Cryptic Studios Team
# 19
07-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehunam View Post
Hi,

Just started my foundry career and was creating my first mission. I got to the the point when the mission was almost done. I saved the mission and tried to play one map of it. After coming back to the editor. The editor was slow to respond and in the end it crashed. Now I can't open the project or create a new one as it keeps crashing on the starting editor screen.

Ticked ID: 24095108

This is a fed toon and a fed project not published.

Hopefully you can get this sorted. And thanks for the hard work on STO.

I sent a the full error report yesterday, but not sure if the one with this ticket number sent the whole thing, as the error reporting thing closed sooner than usual. (usually takes around an hour now finished in ten minutes.)

Also... I'm new to the forums so hi everyone.
Welcome to the Forum and thank you for your report.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 20
07-22-2013, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adverbero View Post
Having the same troubles,

my error ticket 24095720
And thank you for your report as well. I've made sure that both of these crashes (this and the one above) have been documented and passed on to the software team.