Survivor of Romulus
# 11
07-18-2013, 08:35 AM
I actually LIKE my Scimitar... Im using muy Tactical Captain Scimitar to experiment with different weapons types...but I always come back to my Fleet Disruptors....

Im also experimenting with a Dual Beam Bank and Beam Overload III for a really nice 20k spike just out of cloak

Im TRYING to scrabble together an Aux2Batt build for this ship.

so far I have settled on a deflector and engine I found on the exchange(Im still trying to get tier 5 Omega rep for gear) Fleet Shields, one threat Scaling Console, and all 3 Scimitar Consoles.... the Thalaron Pulse (great for PVE) while not so good for PVP is awesome at busting up mobs of stuff in STF's, and the Elite Fleet Romulan Drones are AWESOMESAUCE on a stick, with their confuse ability its like having 2 scramble sensors II and I don't even have to trigger them.....

my thoughts for my Science Captain variation is going to lean more towards the Sensor Scramble/Electronic warfare type of build while using Fleet Disruptors and Quantums (until much later when it will end up a Romulan Plasma Build)
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-18-2013, 08:44 AM
The problem i have with the Thalaron Pulse, it takes 12 sec, not shooting and not healing.
I do about 17k dps * 12 = 184 k and i can move and heal myself...
Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=463
Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
07-18-2013, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin1970giesen View Post
The problem i have with the Thalaron Pulse, it takes 12 sec, not shooting and not healing.
I do about 17k dps * 12 = 184 k and i can move and heal myself...
if you are only getting 17k damage from the thalaron pulse there is something wrong there... always before I fire the pulse I spike my aux with an Aux Battery or EPtA... get that aux up and remember Particle Generator skill actually helps improve the damage from the thalaron pulse as well....
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Captain
# 14
07-18-2013, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainobvious09 View Post
I am working on gearing my Scimitar for PVP/PVE but I know very little about PVP, what shield/deflector/engine should I use ?

Right now I have her setup with romulan plasma beam arrays/rom hypertorp/borg cutting beam. I am looking for something that will work in PVP and PVE.

Ideas ?

Thanks in advance!
Go into battle cloaked and naked!

then when you're about to die, ramming speed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Rihannsu
# 15
07-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainobvious09 View Post
I would agree that the console that allows shields up while cloak, would be very OP, if it was not bugged. Using it negates any hull resistance you have and makes kinetic spikes go through shields. (Yes the shields stay up, and you take the full hull damage). As long as its bugged its useless, and Cryptic (as always) are dragging their heals to fix it.
I'd love to see the link that the information your talking about is being discussed..

Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
Go into battle cloaked and naked!

then when you're about to die, ramming speed!
Where were you when I was looking for help with my Ha'nom oh sci master?

Anyway, about the Original Topic..

The 3 Consoles from the 3 Dreadnought Warbirds are EXTREMELY Handy. The Secondary Shield Console is nice for that extra Defense that you some times need in PVP. The Shields While cloaked Console has been a life saver when trying to run away from those annoying DHC based Bug ships flying around. And the Fire while cloaked option has been nifty for deploying various sneak attack options with out being in the T'varo/B'Rel-R. Sure it is only a few seconds, but you can easily get kills in those few seconds.

The Thalaron how ever has to be used in the right type of Targets. I find it VERY handy for assaulting Carriers and Cruser Based Healers. A lot of the time they can't get out of the way, or are too busy healing their team mates to avoid it. And if you know your going to get hammered during the 12 second charge up, just use Tac team, or even the Secondary shield array or any other defenses you feel you might need to pop right before Thalaroning. Also I find starting up at around 7km is a good sweet spot.

To be honest I wish the ship had another 5 Console slots just to be able to use actual normal consoles and not all the other goodie consoles that come from the other lower tier Warbirds >.< Soo many good Romulan Consoles!!
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku