Lt. Commander
for those who play multiple toons and not just to grind dil or such but for variety
so instead of spending 500 a toon to upgrade 100 doffs why not appropriate amount say 2500 zen to account wide upgrade all toons 100 doff's

same for inventory or bank not account back but you could buy packages the customer would save a little and pwe could get I think more
Lieutenant
# 2
02-17-2014, 03:31 PM
sounds good, i doubt they'll do it
Captain
# 3
02-17-2014, 03:43 PM
I haven't bought nearly as much doff roster expansions as I would have if it were account wide.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Captain
# 4
02-20-2014, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc1968 View Post
for those who play multiple toons and not just to grind dil or such but for variety
so instead of spending 500 a toon to upgrade 100 doffs why not appropriate amount say 2500 zen to account wide upgrade all toons 100 doff's

same for inventory or bank not account back but you could buy packages the customer would save a little and pwe could get I think more
Do you know why Cryptic isn't suffering tremendous backlash over the pricing of these account-internal per character purchases?

The players who raised the ruckus the first time around left and haven't returned.

Think about it.
Career Officer
# 5
04-05-2014, 02:51 PM
Wrong. We're still here. These should simply be account-wide unlocks, likewise, inventory slot additions, likewise bank slot additions.

Costume options are already account-wide unlocks (though I wish BOFFs had multiple costume options!), these "service" unlocks should simply be made account-wide. If they were, I'd buy them.

I basically refuse to buy things that have to be repeatedly re-purchased. That includes character-specific and/or non-reclaimable ships, shuttles, tribbles, pets, services, etc.

Honestly, if these were account-wide unlocks at REASONABLE prices (read: NOT more expensive), I think you'd see a lot more people buying them or grinding for them. As counter-intuitive as it might seem. People who WOULDN'T otherwise buy them, might start as it becomes a better value proposition. Kind of like lifetime membership vs monthly. Eventually it pays for itself.

And there are PLENTY of things to buy, it's NOT like making these things account-wide unlocks would mean we'd never spend another dime on the game or stop grinding dilithium for things, we'd just spend it on/grind for additional things...
Commander
# 6
04-10-2014, 02:56 PM
It would been nice if some of the service prices was lowered, but then again I suppose it would just make it easier to grind dilithium for Zen to buy. I bought $20 worth of Zen back when they had the 15% services discount; which I then used to buy 300 Doff slots (200 Fed / 100 KDF) and the EC cap remover.