Empire Veteran
# 101
07-16-2013, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Okay, for those who are worried about this thing collecting data in the background, I just installed Arc and it DOES give you the option to turn that off when you install it.
I'll have to try it just to see what it actually does. I'm skeptical about things saying its not doing something and then find out its not doing what its conveying.

Edit: I guess I can keep an open mind for now anyways lol...

I also see what people are talking about because it recognizes I have neverwinter installed but it doesn't acknowledge that I have STO already installed.

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 07-16-2013 at 03:53 PM.
Rihannsu
# 102
07-16-2013, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Okay, for those who are worried about this thing collecting data in the background, I just installed Arc and it DOES give you the option to turn that off when you install it.

Ha ha ha.

I love it, is it a big red button that says "TOTALLY SAFE I SWEAR!" on the spyware they're shoving down our throats?

I'm [i] absolutely sure [i] that I believe them too.

Last edited by amwolfe; 07-16-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 103
07-16-2013, 04:03 PM
Apart from the fact I dislike ARC anyway, what is the spying I am hearing about?

(DOWN WITH ARC!
DOWN WITH MANDATORY ARC!
)

Proof that we ALL being MINDCONTROLLED!!! (Possibly 1984 style) Click here to find out more!
Commander
# 104
07-16-2013, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Does it have an option to close Arc after the game has launched?

If not its like the bus driver hanging out with you after he drops you off where your going. Incredibly creepy and totally unnecessary.

Launchers should just launch the game and be gone. We don't need the Swiss Army Knife of launchers that does 10 things we don't need and wont go away or stop eating any of our computers resources once its done the one job we do need.
Empire Veteran
# 105 Uh no, just no.
07-16-2013, 04:04 PM
If you want to make it optional for those who want it that's fine.

I don't want ARC at all, so this is a vote no.. Thanks for your cooperation!
Lt. Commander
# 106
07-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Sadly after it is installed you can't change the option it seems.
Empire Veteran
# 107
07-16-2013, 04:08 PM
From what I can see so far the only things it doesn't do is play the game in the launcher or post/view forum threads but if it allowed you to read/write/post in forums it would actually be some use.

Only problem I have is it see's neverwinter installed but not STO.
Lt. Commander
# 108
07-16-2013, 04:12 PM
It installed fine, a fair bit of it does not seem to do anything yet though. "Last Played" doesn't work, says I played STO last over a month ago. Overlay doesn't seem to crash stuff which is always good, but the stuff on it all either doesn't apply to STO or doesn't function yet.

Nothing at all that serves any use to me, just bloat for bloats sake as far as I can see. I don't need a launcher for my launcher, or more "Buy Zen!" ads.
Empire Veteran
# 109
07-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r5e4w3q2 View Post
It installed fine, a fair bit of it does not seem to do anything yet though. "Last Played" doesn't work, says I played STO last over a month ago. Overlay doesn't seem to crash stuff which is always good, but the stuff on it all either doesn't apply to STO or doesn't function yet.

Nothing at all that serves any use to me, just bloat for bloats sake as far as I can see. I don't need a launcher for my launcher, or more "Buy Zen!" ads.
Yeah I feel bloated too... I did love that game as a kid that had the box inside the box that's what this reminds me of.
Republic Veteran
# 110
07-16-2013, 04:16 PM
No thanks.