Empire Veteran
# 111
07-16-2013, 04:21 PM
I probally shouldn't have done this but arc seems to have deleted the fully patched client I had and is now trying to re-download it now...

I can only thing of one word for this...
Survivor of Romulus
# 112
07-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Let me make this perfectly clear to you Brandon, i want to be as polite as possible, so please also pass this along too your Chinese overlords.

I will never install this spyware onto my PC. I tried to the first time you attempted to push it, and it was as buggy as any bloatware/spyware could be.
If you do try, I will simply "modify" it (so it doesn't track anything I do) and use the normal launcher anyway.

I have ZERO interest in any other PWE game, and will never play any other game with PWE involvement....

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
The stick Cryptic keep bringing out isn't to discourage you from playing, its to discourage you from playing incorrectly. The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Survivor of Romulus
# 113
07-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschooldork View Post
I would like to know if this is going to be forced on us BEFORE I purchase it, so could you please just tell us flat out if you are going to be requiring arc or not, just a simple yes or no please. Thank you.
It's already been answered: Any new/reinstalls from Thursday on will require it, meaning the only "as yet to appear" step is making it required for existing players...and if anyone doubts that happening, see "Cryptic/PWE account."

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmallm View Post
Looks interesting.

Big question, will this allow Apple users to log on with a Apple computer?
Sure...as long as you can already log on with BootCamp or some other workaround.

Last edited by aloishammer; 07-16-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 114
07-16-2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloishammer View Post
It's already been answered: Any new/reinstalls from Thursday on will require it, meaning the only "as yet to appear" step is making it required for existing players...and if anyone doubts that happening, see "Cryptic/PWE account."
Easiest thing to do (which is what I do) is install to a separate hard drive. Then should you ever need to reinstall or your pc breaks, you have the copy on the other hard drive which just needs the short cut carried over

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
The stick Cryptic keep bringing out isn't to discourage you from playing, its to discourage you from playing incorrectly. The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Empire Veteran
# 115
07-16-2013, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunfrancks View Post
Easiest thing to do (which is what I do) is install to a separate hard drive. Then should you ever need to reinstall or your pc breaks, you have the copy on the other hard drive which just needs the short cut carried over
Yeah I figured it would be as simple as that but arc has taken over and will only accept the directory I made to test it out...

I see what happens when you keep an open mind with this bloatware.

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 07-16-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Career Officer
# 116
07-16-2013, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I think I'll be keeping my regular launchers, thanks.

You may have already deleted the download for Champions Online, but I managed to snag that from someone on the forums.

I'll be keeping those launchers on a thumb drive in case my computer dies or I get a new one.

I will not use Arc just for STO, NW, and CO.

Those are the only games offered by PWE that are worth my time.

The rest can sod off.
Empire Veteran
# 117
07-16-2013, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
I probally shouldn't have done this but arc seems to have deleted the fully patched client I had and is now trying to re-download it now...

I can only thing of one word for this...
wth that ain't right stupid beta software junk
Empire Veteran
# 118
07-16-2013, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapla1755 View Post
wth that ain't right stupid beta software junk
Yeah its pissing me off right about now too. Figured I could just use the one that is already patched up but this arc is over riding it only allowing it to try to launch from the new directory I made to test it. I guess I might be able to get back on tommorrow missed my last batch of dilithium refineing
Career Officer
# 119
07-16-2013, 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duneczan3 View Post
Should I be worried that the icon for Arc immediately made me think of Aperture Science?
I was thinking more like the Iconian symbol. Either way a bad omen in my opinion.
Career Officer
# 120
07-16-2013, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
First, we want to test it out, add new features, make sure people like it, and, above all else, grow it into something that players want to use because it legitimately improves the overall game experience.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Well Brandon, if the bulk of the posts in this thread are any indication, we most certainly do NOT want it, yet it appears it is being forced on us regardless of the desires of the community at large.
Closed Thread