Ensign
# 481
08-05-2013, 11:14 PM
And the FAQ is basically a repeat of the PR speel already out for ARC ,it answers none of the questions that have been asked in this thread and from the tone it would appear that ARC is about to become compulsory - there has still not been from PWE one good reason Why this is needed despite 48 odd pages against ,seems there is no intention to listen to the players over this and carry on regardless!
Captain
# 482
08-06-2013, 01:48 AM
How does Arc interact with Steam? Or does it replace Steam?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Career Officer
# 483
08-06-2013, 02:40 AM
After 482 postings here are the updated numbers: (Updated numbers in bold.)

Postings that actively said NO to Arc: 158

Postings that actively said YES to Arc 6

Postings removed: 11

Brandon replies/announcements: 9

Comments of a general nature such as dealing with the media player, recovering launcher files, speculation of what might happen and describing experiences from CO, Steam and others....: 264

Postings that posed actual questions: 34

Having read the FAQ information provided, I am less then impressed with PWE's response. The questions raised in this forum have not been addressed! For the benefit of PWE's execs:

结果在482个岗位以后

没有对弧: 158

是对弧: 6

被去除的岗位: 11

回复由Brandon: 9

评论一般自然例如处理传媒播放装置,恢复发射器文件,什么的猜想也许发生和描述经验从CO,蒸 汽和其他: 264

岗位以问题: 34

(Translation via worldlingo web site.)
Captain
# 484
08-06-2013, 03:23 AM
Hmmmmm so not only does Cryptic not answer any questions they are also ignoring us regarding this as noone wants it.

Looks like some of us will be leaving soon
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Captain
# 485
08-06-2013, 03:54 AM
I'd best get the romulan story finished before this all starts then.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Survivor of Romulus
# 486
08-06-2013, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

The "blog-type post" that I mentioned above is now live in the form of a FAQ. It is based off your questions and concerns, and can be read here: https://support.perfectworld.com/app...tail/a_id/4274

We'll be keeping it up to date as development progresses and additional questions or concerns arise.

Thank you for continuing to post your feedback, ideas, questions and concerns regarding Arc!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

BranFlakes, it's cool that you made the blog-type post, but to be honest it lacks a big portion of the essential information that everyone was loking for here.
For ex., just like the fellow player that made this post, I would very much like to hear detailed answers to these questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymersto View Post

1) Does ARC have to be kept running in the background while running the game of your choice, regardless if you wish to use ARC's Features or not?

2) Does ARC have options to allow it to shut itself down after the game you wish to play is running?

3) Can you do simultaneous updates for the Holodeck/Tribble/Redshirt installations? (This was a positive feature, to me, for NCSoft's launcher)

4) Are there options to keep ARC from activating upon Windows startup?
I have enough background applications already (Considering the Steam client has those options).
And clarification would be appreciated regarding this one as well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
How does Arc interact with Steam? Or does it replace Steam?
Furthermore, I would like clarification regarding these that I read in the blog-type post regarding ARC:

"We perform controlled tests in the QA environment and make absolutely sure that Arc remains lightweight and doesn?t take very much memory. Currently, the only time you should see Arc utilizing taxing system resources is when it is extracting the files that have been downloaded during game installation. We are intentionally keeping system resource usage low to ensure that Arc to maximize the number of hardware configurations that can support it. In terms of hard drive space, Arc currently takes less than 100MB, but we list ?1GB? in the system requirements to ensure that you have enough space to download at least one game."

Can anyone point out just how taxing it is to system resources - as in numbers?

"Arc uses a custom built-in browser which you can invoke during gameplay by pressing SHIFT-TAB."

Does this built-in browser automatically launch with ARC and tries to visit the internet?

And also one very important thing! Many people here very expressing concerns about the broadband usage. We need you to share any information you have reagrding this. Or to put it plain and simple, I already pay for STO because I like the game and the devs' work and I'm not about to pay PWE being cheap with my broadband.

One more time, I urge you to reconsider this being mandatory. It has the counter effect on many people including me. STO is the only MMO I play and this won't change. The only thing ARC can do is to bug me and drive me off the game if it has issues.
I understand that PWE wants to centralize the access to all their games, but for the love of Trek make it optional and even put some enticing bonuses to people that would use ARC, so the platform can have it's marketing or ease of access influence to the demographic you're targeting with this, but it will leave us that only enjoy STO at peace.

P.S. If there are any players of STO currently using ARC, I politely ask them to share any insight they might have from using ARC regarding these questions. I would appreciate it very much.
Because true Starfleet Captains command Exploration Cruisers!
Thank you Cryptic for finally giving me MY SHIP!!!

Last edited by shpoks; 08-06-2013 at 04:25 AM.
Career Officer
# 487
08-06-2013, 05:25 AM
Board Meeting Summary 101

Item 1:
We have lifetime and normal subscribers that accumulate ZEN on a monthly basis. Items on the ZEN store become relatively free for Lifetime members after a while.

Action 1:
We will implement Lock Boxes as a solution so the probability of getting these items is between 0 and 1 encouraging gambling.

Item 2:
STO is doing really well, our other games are not.

Action 2:
Give them a launcher with ads and Zen offers to encourage gambling in our other games.
This are empty!
Career Officer
# 488
08-06-2013, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

The "blog-type post" that I mentioned above is now live in the form of a FAQ. It is based off your questions and concerns,
Dear Bran, seems you missed 2 important items:

Q: Will Arc be made mandatory for all PWE games?
A: ...

Q: Will STO continue to be available thru STEAM, sans Arc?
A: ...
Career Officer
# 489
08-06-2013, 06:04 AM
First off I am still pissed off about the bugs that STO has had since launch.

Secondly my mailbox lost hundreds of emails to myself with equipment and doffs.

Thirdly Cryptic customer service sends me robo replys and then closes the ticket.

Fourthly I am STILL short 1500 Zen and have no ledger showing any records

Fifthly, I found this damn Pando media booster on my PC that I never asked for or wanted

Now they want to force ARC on me?

Well guess what things just got nasty so nasty that I have decided to do something about this crap. Some of you might assume I have gone off my rocker others might think this is a lie. Until it comes to pass...

CRYPTIC will be bought ..... hostile takeover if necessary and brought back to the USA within the next 90 days. I have reached my end with the Chinese Overlords. They can keep thier crappy little games. I am a lifer and have been around this game since launch. I too have suffered the incompetence of the ownership that will not listen to the customers.

I will NEVER play Neverwinter Nights I have 40+ years of tabletop D&D books and accessories from 4 different editions. This goes for for all mmos the ONLY reason I gave STO a chance was because I was curious and have been a lifelong Trekkie. But now I have had enough of the corporate lies and deciet.

This game has never had the proper resources it needed to fix the problems. I am going to see that the bugs get fixed. That you WILL have live moderators monitoring chats and a 24 hr response time to your ticket by a HUMAN BEING not a damn roboreply. Say bye bye to the lock box crap... The C-store worked just fine when it was used. And game play will get a MUCH needed overhaul and a balance. No more soft walls that the enemies can shoot you through... So before you ridicule me and laugh at the thought of CRYPTIC being bought... give me the 90 days to bring my financial resources to bear.

-Arnthebard-
Survivor of Romulus
# 490
08-06-2013, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnthebard View Post
First off I am still pissed off about the bugs that STO has had since launch.

Secondly my mailbox lost hundreds of emails to myself with equipment and doffs.

Thirdly Cryptic customer service sends me robo replys and then closes the ticket.

Fourthly I am STILL short 1500 Zen and have no ledger showing any records

Fifthly, I found this damn Pando media booster on my PC that I never asked for or wanted

Now they want to force ARC on me?

Well guess what things just got nasty so nasty that I have decided to do something about this crap. Some of you might assume I have gone off my rocker others might think this is a lie. Until it comes to pass...

CRYPTIC will be bought ..... hostile takeover if necessary and brought back to the USA within the next 90 days. I have reached my end with the Chinese Overlords. They can keep thier crappy little games. I am a lifer and have been around this game since launch. I too have suffered the incompetence of the ownership that will not listen to the customers.

I will NEVER play Neverwinter Nights I have 40+ years of tabletop D&D books and accessories from 4 different editions. This goes for for all mmos the ONLY reason I gave STO a chance was because I was curious and have been a lifelong Trekkie. But now I have had enough of the corporate lies and deciet.

This game has never had the proper resources it needed to fix the problems. I am going to see that the bugs get fixed. That you WILL have live moderators monitoring chats and a 24 hr response time to your ticket by a HUMAN BEING not a damn roboreply. Say bye bye to the lock box crap... The C-store worked just fine when it was used. And game play will get a MUCH needed overhaul and a balance. No more soft walls that the enemies can shoot you through... So before you ridicule me and laugh at the thought of CRYPTIC being bought... give me the 90 days to bring my financial resources to bear.

-Arnthebard-
I for one, welcome our new angry overlord.
Closed Thread