Captain
# 541
08-16-2013, 03:03 AM
Same here I'm spending all the zen I have but once that is gone there be no more cash added in game
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Ensign
# 542
08-16-2013, 03:26 AM
While Arc can be bypassed using a shortcut to the client, is there anyway of tiggering a patch without using the launcher? As currently i cannot update through arc/launcher or steam as they all use the launcher and that crashes as soon as the password is entered. And without the patch launching the client will not let it talk to servers, due to differences in version etc.
Ensign
# 543
08-16-2013, 04:30 AM
I have a question and not sure if this is the right place. I now this is going to sound saft but what is ARC? I've looked on the offcial page and its not very clear. Is it like Steam but for only Perfect World games. If so as an existing STO user, can I down load the ARC thing and help out with the testing.
Sorry if this in the wrong place.
Lieutenant
# 544
08-16-2013, 04:57 AM
sto is the only PWE game that i play or have any interest in
i have no interest in bloatware or downloading another launcher that steals system resources behind the scenes and makes my system more vulnerable just so they can advertise to me.

the day ARC becomes mandatory is the day that i walk away from STO
as much as i like star trek.... theres plenty of other fish in the sea
"Tickle us, do we not laugh? Prick us, do we not bleed? Wrong us, shall we not revenge?"
-General Chang
Career Officer
# 545
08-16-2013, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddriver View Post
What about closing it directly from the Task Manager? Shutting down the main arc process?
You can erase it. I did, and everything works.

Go to control panel, then program and features and choose uninstall.

I did try to out, but found it to be a total waste of data. I kept getting the suspicion that it was watching me, gathering info. Most likely about my gaming habits while playing STO. Just my theory. Nothing more.

But, a couple of clicks, and gone. =3
And yes, I ran a scan. I always er on the side of caution, just to make sure are program is gone.

Mind you if it becomes a " must have " to have to to play PW games, then I'll have to leave.
I left games who started using Facebook to log in, and I'll leave here if ARC is the main client.
Join Date : September 2010. Boldly going forward because Cryptic forgot reverse.
I am currently unsupervised, anyone who knows me will tell you that this will most likely lead to trouble. =3
Non stop crashing and epic lagging are helpful in telling me it's time for bed or to go outside and get a life.
Survivor of Romulus
# 546
08-16-2013, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashdragon View Post
You can erase it. I did, and everything works.

Go to control panel, then program and features and choose uninstall.

I did try to out, but found it to be a total waste of data. I kept getting the suspicion that it was watching me, gathering info. Most likely about my gaming habits while playing STO. Just my theory. Nothing more.

But, a couple of clicks, and gone. =3
And yes, I ran a scan. I always er on the side of caution, just to make sure are program is gone.

Mind you if it becomes a " must have " to have to to play PW games, then I'll have to leave.
I left games who started using Facebook to log in, and I'll leave here if ARC is the main client.
Cheers for that info..didnt know you could uninstall it. It's a waste of data and memory..
Lt. Commander
# 547
08-16-2013, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synobius View Post
I have a question and not sure if this is the right place. I now this is going to sound saft but what is ARC? I've looked on the offcial page and its not very clear. Is it like Steam but for only Perfect World games. If so as an existing STO user, can I down load the ARC thing and help out with the testing.
Sorry if this in the wrong place.
I suggest that you read the thread before 'volunteering' as this is no test. ARC is here and it isn't wanted by many players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
Traits aren't really power creep - they're lateral power movement
Ensign
# 548
08-16-2013, 10:41 AM
I did "read" the thread. They are after people who already play STO to use ARC and see how it functions. Only "new" starters will "have" to use it.
Ensign
# 549
08-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synobius View Post
I did "read" the thread. They are after people who already play STO to use ARC and see how it functions. Only "new" starters will "have" to use it.
Actually not just new users, anyone that tries to download/re download STO is now forced to use Arc to install it, unless they use steam. There is no longer any form of stand alone installer/launcher.
Commander
# 550
08-16-2013, 06:12 PM
I am SO happy that I bought the box back when it was in stores... never have to use that thing
Sure... patching will be a loooooong story but that is only a minor inconvenience when seeing the alternative
Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
Closed Thread