Captain
# 151
03-20-2014, 08:28 AM
I've no idea if it has to do with Arc or not, but I know there has been a grievous issue with STO that has kept me from playing for the last 6 months. Starting after an autoupdate patched STO, I began experiencing black screens, crashes, pixellation, all of which has made it impossible to enjoy my favorite MMO. And well meaning as tech support may be, they have been unable to pinpoint the issue and resolve it; though they are still working on it. All I want to know is when someone is going to figure a solution out so I can get back to playing or at least verify that it's impossible to do so for good.

Sometimes I manage to clear the game screen up to be playable and these problems only occur with STO, not with any other MMO. If anyone wants to give a try and let me know some hidden setting I can tweak, see my thread below for the full story. I'd really appreciate any input that may get things back to proper functionality.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...<br /> <br />
Ensign
# 152 startrekonline
04-19-2014, 11:36 PM
i have windsow 8.1 and i start up the game and than i can't get into the game and i tried to unistall the game than i install the game but i still can't get into the game i can get into neverwinter but i can't get into startrek
Career Officer
# 153
04-20-2014, 11:35 PM
64-bit Windows 7:

I recently figured out after 15 BSOD crashes and several black loading screens, Norton AV, Advanced System Care, or Iobit Malware scannerr was somehow interfering with Arc.

I've run the above mentioned programs since the game launched, but I am really leaning towards one of their patches interfering somehow especially after verifying all my drivers and software were certified, pc system checked several times, and no evident hardware or cooling issues.

I ended up downloading Microsoft Essentials and using Windows Defender with the build in Windows firewall...I used msconfig and disabled the above mentioned programs and it seems to have cleared up the issue quite nicely...no BSOD, crashes, or anything wrong.

Game is now running smoother than ever.
Ensign
# 154
04-22-2014, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

Feel free to post feedback about your Arc download and STO install experiences here -- the Arc team will be watching this thread closely and looks forward to reading the feedback!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
it took 36 hours for sto to patch after i installed arc, but it was worth it once i was able to start playing. however after this mornings maintenance, i have to patch 5k+ mega bytes again, and have not been able to play all day. very frustrating to say the least!!!! and now there is going to be another maintenance tomorrow so we will see? (and i still have not been able to play today) so if i have to repatch every time ther is maintenance or on a weekly basis i will no longer continue to play and will remove arc from my system. but STO is a really awesome game, so it will be very sad if i have to stop playing because of a crappy server.
Commander
# 155 Logging out of Arc client.
04-26-2014, 08:14 AM
I have a relative staying with me for a few weeks, he also plays STO and wants to log in to Arc. However I can't seem to find any way of logging out of the Arc client, so that he can log in.

Am I missing something.

I figure that I can probably launch Arc, launch STO and log-out of STO, then he should be able to log in, but I figure that there must be a way to log out of the client and allow him to log in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
Traits aren't really power creep - they're lateral power movement
Career Officer
# 156
05-13-2014, 11:46 AM
I have been running Arc, though I was cautious at first due to all the negative feedback I've seen. I installed it on Linux via Wine initially and then once I felt it was safe, I installed it on Windows.

In my own experience, I've had no major issues, no PC slowdown, no strange behavior or anything concerning from Arc.

My feedback is basically this.

-It loads fast and seems pretty light on system resources. Arc is using about 75 MB of RAM on my system. Steam is using about 98 MB of RAM, but I also saw it spike at over 110 MB of RAM. In comparing the two, Arc definitely logs in and loads faster. Steam has far more games available since it includes non first-party titles and has been around a lot longer.

-Arc does seem like another "me too" game launcher (like Steam, Origin, etc.) If you want people to use it in greater numbers, you may need to consider including 3rd party games on it eventually.

-Arc has actually been more reliable for me than Steam concerning friends chat not going down. That seems to be an ongoing problem on Steam.

-I'd like Arc to support offline chat messages, emoticons, and allow custom display nicknames.

-I know it seems a long shot at present, but I would like to someday see official support for Linux (this also goes for PWE/Cryptic games). Steam runs natively on Linux now as do almost all of Valve's games. If they can do it, I would hope PWE/Cryptic is capable of pulling it off too.

Last edited by mynamesthedoctor; 05-13-2014 at 11:49 AM.
Lieutenant
# 157
05-13-2014, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynamesthedoctor View Post
I have been running Arc, though I was cautious at first due to all the negative feedback I've seen. I installed it on Linux via Wine initially and then once I felt it was safe, I installed it on Windows.

In my own experience, I've had no major issues, no PC slowdown, no strange behavior or anything concerning from Arc.

My feedback is basically this.

-It loads fast and seems pretty light on system resources. Arc is using about 75 MB of RAM on my system. Steam is using about 98 MB of RAM, but I also saw it spike at over 110 MB of RAM. In comparing the two, Arc definitely logs in and loads faster. Steam has far more games available since it includes non first-party titles and has been around a lot longer.

-Arc does seem like another "me too" game launcher (like Steam, Origin, etc.) If you want people to use it in greater numbers, you may need to consider including 3rd party games on it eventually.

-Arc has actually been more reliable for me than Steam concerning friends chat not going down. That seems to be an ongoing problem on Steam.

-I'd like Arc to support offline chat messages, emoticons, and allow custom display nicknames.

-I know it seems a long shot at present, but I would like to someday see official support for Linux (this also goes for PWE/Cryptic games). Steam runs natively on Linux now as do almost all of Valve's games. If they can do it, I would hope PWE/Cryptic is capable of pulling it off too.
Its meh but most likely very helpful when you have more than one PWE game.
Proud Trekkie Favorite episode from TOS is The Doomsday Machine TNG: Yesterday's Enterprise VOY: Endgame part 1 and 2 DS9: Emissary ENT: Assmilation
Ensign
# 158 Update Size
05-15-2014, 08:06 AM
Please tell me that the average update/patch size isn't going to be 8 GB every time there's a new one, or I won't bother playing. Even JD isn't this bad on initial install.
Ensign
Hello everyone, i need help because i can't enter in the gateway for character select, it shows error:
Loading your command console, please wait....
And after that it shows that:
YOU HAVE ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR
TIMEOUT GETTING CHARACTER LIST
Request timed out while waiting for your list of characters. You can retry by clicking the link below.
Click here to go to Character Select
Why?, i can't play!!!
Career Officer
# 160
08-09-2014, 08:43 AM
Hello, this may be minor but when I purchase Zen I get this message.

Unfortunately there was an error with your payment and we did not receive the transaction information from our payment partner. Your account may not have been credited for this payment.
Please check your transaction history to verify your purchase.
If your transaction does not appear, please submit a ticket at the Support Center:

Now I get my zen but this always pops up. I tried to give a report to Arc but it directed me to

techsupport.perfectworld.com which keeps erroring out.

Not major to me as I get what I pay for but you should be aware. Thanks.