Career Officer
# 1 Fleet Starbase Exterior
07-14-2013, 08:36 PM
While I have no real problems with the interior of the Fleet Starbase, I do feel that the exterior needs work. At present the Fleet Starbase holds no real significance and looks bland. What is it protecting? It's not on a trade route, there's no resource moon/asteroid and there is no colony/planet. There is just empty space that could do with some populating.
"I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
07-14-2013, 09:36 PM
At one point in a trailer of season 6 there is a scene where you see planets and all other kind of stuff you can do plus if I am correct the leader can move the facility at a different location on the map.

here is the video and put it at 0:26 and you'll see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfiyB...CKLgpRTyFLUXGA

I would rather have that then an empty space with no fun at all.
Lieutenant
# 3
07-15-2013, 12:11 AM
I have to agree that the Federation higher Tier starbase looks pretty bland, the saucer section especially. The Klingon starbase looks very, very good the higher the tier is, though.

I'd think the lack of a better looking exterior has to do with objects getting in the way during starbase defense/blockade or fleet alert. I'd kill to have the base in an actual asteroid belt, though, similar to the dil mine.
Career Officer
# 4
07-15-2013, 12:22 AM
So far I haven't seen any recruitment vids for Fleets with T5 Starbases that have done what is seen in the trailer, however if the space objects are far enough away from the starbase they won't pose a problem in defence/blockade or fleet alert scenarios
"I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105

Last edited by kylelocke; 07-15-2013 at 02:01 AM.
Career Officer
# 5
07-15-2013, 05:53 AM
Why finish what they start when they can abandon it, move on to the next project and not finish that either? They never even finished Defera, so chances are we'll just live with another half complete idea.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Career Officer
# 6
07-15-2013, 02:25 PM
The planets and asteroids may have been used to help sell the Fleet Starbase or they could be just cut content. However I will agree that the Klingons do have the better texture for their starbase. It would also be cool if we could look out from windows on the lower decks of the Starbase too...even though there's nothing to look at!
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
07-15-2013, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylelocke View Post
however if the space objects are far enough away from the starbase they won't pose a problem in defence/blockade or fleet alert scenarios
or what they can do is have a the cool stuff and the decorations when your just at your starbase and then when you do a defense/blockade it all disappears and its a empty space
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-17-2013, 11:10 AM
I seen the video clip and it does look way better than what we actually got. The fleet system should have had the planet and moon in it like the trailer video had to make the fleet system look better. Also the planet could serve some function for a later holding, like a fleet colony to beam down to, or at the very least a social zone of some sort.