Republic Veteran
# 21
07-17-2013, 04:28 AM
Recall is killing carrier pets. Have to summon new ones after issuing Recall.

Also pets badly need a catch-up feature ala seen in racing games if they fall to far behind. STO is a very high paced DPS/Movement game, there's no time for pets which idle 15-20km out of range.
Commander
# 22
07-17-2013, 05:20 AM
The Recall command its a known issue, wich i dont know if it was edited after the patch notes came out, outherwise ppl should read them more carefull. Just dont recall the pets for now and they work.

I like the new UI, i dont find it so big, i just put it in the right bottom corner and is not bothering me at all.

On the new veterancy system, i did a little testing in Taw Deva patrols - japori system, on a recluse carrier with a mix of elite mesh weavears and elite widow fighters.

The fighters suck a bit cuz of the other known bug where u cant refresh a wing if all are dead so cant say for sure how they would behave, but still they seem to gain slowly in ranks then the frigate types, gaining only rank 2 and hardly rank 3. Here may i sugest to increase maybe a little their defence value, since they move alot, so they can be harder to hit a bit. Actually i dont know if they even gain defence if they move since u cant see their stats.

The mesh weavers behave ok, like allways i would say, hardly died and reached rank 3 allmost everytime.

I think the 5 mins time to get to max lvl is a bit too high, maybe a 3 mins would be better cuz in all patrols i did the pets reached only lvl 3.
Commander
# 23
07-17-2013, 06:18 AM
There is a significant nerf in DPS over the course of ~2 minutes.

Test Environment: Starbase 234, Tau Dewa Sector
Test Target: Starbase 234
Test Equipment: Vesta, 130 auxiliary, 2 flight deck officers, elite scorpions
Abilities Used: TSS, Hazard Emitters, Brace for Impact, Aux2Struc, CRF, TT, EPtW, APB

Tribble Parse: http://i.imgur.com/48tD7Hb.png
Holodeck Parse: http://i.imgur.com/kRigxYy.png

The drop in DPS stays constant between 30-40% across 3 runs each.

The biggest culprit in the DPS loss is not being able to replace existing fighters.
Not only do you lose out on refreshing torpedos and abilities, but the fighters also need to play catch up if you move around the battlefield a lot. There is roughly ~10 seconds of deadtime before a scorpion attacks starbase 234 because I had to destroy the trash leading up to the target(this parse isn't included, but the DPS here is higher on holodeck). On holodeck, I had half my scorpions up as soon as I started firing on the test target.

Also, it seems the new AI is staying further away from the target. While this may make them more survivable, this also means a fighter's warp core breach isn't damaging the enemy target nearly as often. Double-edged sword there.

Last edited by ruminate00; 07-17-2013 at 06:21 AM.
Rihannsu
# 24
07-17-2013, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
While I agree the UI is getting terribly cluttered. I made a quick mock-up of a configuration that may reduce yours a bit.

Basically: Increase your main power tray to three rows, move your weapons to that third row, and close your weapon tray. Then move your new Hangar tray to the former-weapon tray location (as pictured in my mock-up below), or move the Singularity tray to where the weapons were and the Hanger down a bit.

http://i.imgur.com/KuGxNpD.jpg

Anyway, you'd've probably figured something like this out anyway, and I agree they need to do something with the UI that would allow us to better scale/control all these windows, but it was just a thought.

I really wish they'd make all these UI pieces fit together better, so there's less wasted space. Take the oddly shaped Singularity tray. It takes more room than necessary. I'd've preferred it be rectangular, and had the "power-up gauge" be a straight "power-up bar" across the top, instead of this more spacious half-circle. Further:

Quote:
Originally Posted by umaeko View Post
Perhaps one way to save on space could be to alter the UI a bit to have the option to have/not have Carrier Pet commands on display on either the weapon UI window, or the Hangar UI window?
Agree 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Oh, in relation with the launch intervals leave those damn well alone ... those werent put for arbitrary reasons, they look TERRIBLE because they made so in some cases like the Vesta they dont spawn on top of each other and congratulations, its now broken.

Revert those to the previous timers, stop fixing what isnt broken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jestersage View Post
...What's with the slow launch speed interval on all carriers?! I can understand if it's only the vesta that have the problem, but now EVERY SHIP?

If you have to balance it, fix the Vesta's launch speed so it's faster, not to make everyone's launch speed slower...
I agree. I'm not pleased that my Carriers launcher slower now, and the Vesta's increase only makes it broke, by ruining the cool launch animation.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Ensign
# 25
07-17-2013, 08:54 AM
Has there been any thought as to how this affects S'kul fighters? At first glance, it seems like all they get out of this is a nerf to their already low combat damage. Veteran status really isn't something to shoot for with these guys.
Commander
# 26
07-17-2013, 09:02 AM
Another bug...or perhaps working as intended?

The hangar pets that can only come out one at a time up to 2 maximum per hangar slot (Like the Advanced Jem'Hadar Attack Ship or the Advanced Romulan Drone Ship) will replace current pets if you use the summon power, but any pets where you launch 2 or more ships at a time up to 4-8 total per hangar must wait for at least 1 slot to open up before launching will be allowed.

From the patch notes:
Quote:
Activating your Hangar Bay while pets are already summoned will no longer replace active pets, but will only fill in missing pets.
Also concerning those pets that launch 2-4 at a time up to 4-8 maximum...If I have the maximum allowed all out in space and I activate the summon power, the summon power goes on cooldown. Would it not be more intuitive to fade the summon power icon on that hangar until at least 1 pet is destroyed?
Rihannsu
# 27
07-17-2013, 09:48 AM
Another concern of mine is with fighters that will use Ramming Speed. I use Jem'Hadar Attack pets in my Jem Dreadnaught and I find them desirable since they will Ram when below 50% health.

Now with the veteran system in place, this becomes very undesirable for a few reasons. The lower starting DPS, the 5 minutes it takes to rank them up, and keeping them above 50% health is going to mean I'll have no heals left for myself.

Could there be a way to prevent them from using Ramming Speed? Or, my previously posted idea is to lower the time it takes to rank them up.

Previous Post: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...01&postcount=9
Rihannsu
# 28
07-17-2013, 10:25 AM
There is also another issue - with Recall now causing the pets to dock, how do you now set your pets to passive, but keep them ready?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
Rihannsu
# 29
07-17-2013, 11:38 AM
Didn't have much time to play around with it, but I mostly like what I see. I agree that 5 minutes for full power is a bit much, and starting with less than full power is salt on the wound. I'd suggest that the fighters launch at the power they are now and that full power is quicker to get and less than you you have now, maybe like level three or four. Yes, we get less max power, but realistically that probably what we are going to end up at most of the time and we would stat with more power.

Also, I noticed that when a fighter was destroyed and I sent out a replacement, I had to wait for the full launch cycle for one to appear. I could literally count the launches off and I knew that the program was saying launch fighter, wait, have one, launch fighter, wait have one, launch fighter, okay we need one. It would be nice if you could just launch a replacement fighter and it would pop up right then instead of having to wait for two not-launches.

Overall, promissing, but needs work.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Career Officer
# 30
07-17-2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruminate00 View Post
There is a significant nerf in DPS over the course of ~2 minutes.

Test Environment: Starbase 234, Tau Dewa Sector
Test Target: Starbase 234
Test Equipment: Vesta, 130 auxiliary, 2 flight deck officers, elite scorpions
Abilities Used: TSS, Hazard Emitters, Brace for Impact, Aux2Struc, CRF, TT, EPtW, APB

Tribble Parse: http://i.imgur.com/48tD7Hb.png
Holodeck Parse: http://i.imgur.com/kRigxYy.png

The drop in DPS stays constant between 30-40% across 3 runs each.

The biggest culprit in the DPS loss is not being able to replace existing fighters.
Not only do you lose out on refreshing torpedos and abilities, but the fighters also need to play catch up if you move around the battlefield a lot. There is roughly ~10 seconds of deadtime before a scorpion attacks starbase 234 because I had to destroy the trash leading up to the target(this parse isn't included, but the DPS here is higher on holodeck). On holodeck, I had half my scorpions up as soon as I started firing on the test target.

Also, it seems the new AI is staying further away from the target. While this may make them more survivable, this also means a fighter's warp core breach isn't damaging the enemy target nearly as often. Double-edged sword there.
My suggestion for a fix for this, reduce fighter ability CD by 50-66%, this 30-40% reduction in DPS is mainly caused by fighters not being able to spam abilities via refresh, bring the ability CD down to the old fighter refresh time.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?