Lieutenant
# 1 Fleet ship idea
07-16-2013, 10:21 PM
Just a thought......I got the idea before I even got into my first fleet that it'd be cool if a player were able to choose a ship or ships from their own personal collection to share with fleet members. Maybe selecting certain fleet ranks the player wants to make each ship available to, and of course letting only each ship's owner modify that particular ship in any way. The only thing that would be different for each player who uses a ship in such a pool would be the different players' skills, traits, and bridge officer abilities. It could be a better way to show a setup to other fleet members considering a ship, so they know what can be done with it, or to help somebody out that doesn't yet have firepower on a ship of their own to take on a certain mission. Could be kinda fun, too.

Starfleet Vice Admiral Rosso, Starfleet Tactical, Rogue Leader(Rogue Squadron of Starfleet)
KDF Lieutenant General Teal'c, KDF Tactical, Stargate Commander(KDF Branch Stargate Command)
RRF Vice Admiral Britt Reid, Romulan Tactical, Rogue Leader(Rogue Squadron of Starfleet)
Lieutenant
# 2
07-18-2013, 09:54 AM
c'mon, anybody have anything to say about this? I thought it was pretty ingenious, but I can't count on that opinion because it's my opinion about my own idea. Anybody?

-Rogue Leader
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-23-2013, 06:43 PM
So... your suggesting preset fleet ship selections ala fleet uniforms?
Lieutenant
# 4
08-02-2013, 11:02 AM
no, I'm suggesting that it be made possible for me to set any of my ships I choose to be made available to any of my fleet members a certain fleet rank and up, then when the members who have the ship available go to any in-game ship selector, they can fly whatever ships are available to them from other members, but not take weapons, consoles, etc. off it to be modified without authorization(or at all). They'd just set up their own bridge officers while using that ship, and it'd be run with their own skills, traits, etc. One of my fleet members also thought it'd be fun if, going into a one-on-one pvp match, if the players could opt to trade ships, so each player would get to try their friend's ship with boff setup, skills, everything. Another one suggested(I think all three ideas are cool) that it'd be fun to take a bridge officer station on another player's ship. Just fun twists to the game that could be fun if added
Lieutenant
# 5
08-02-2013, 11:02 AM
and any player in a fleet, per my idea, could choose to share their ships if they wanted to
Captain
# 6
08-08-2013, 10:11 AM
He's basically saying, that if his character has, for example, a Fleet Excelsior, that he could "share" this ship with his fleetmates.
Personally, bad idea. Just would enable people to cheese the system, instead of earning the ship themselves.

butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
Temperance Brennan, "A building"
Lieutenant
# 7
08-15-2013, 03:37 AM
not just fleet-type ships....any kind. And while some people might try to use it as such, people who try out a ship they don't have might be inspired to buy and build one of their own. Could go either way
Captain
# 8
08-15-2013, 06:38 AM
So every tac in my fleet will fly a bug with all the best gear? Because thats exactly what will happen. The idea only has merit if you can only use the ship in a simulation like during "Of Bajor" with little to no rewards. It would be a good use for the halo deck on the starbase, pick a ship out of a list, pick an enemy, then start program.
"I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man.
Captain
# 9
08-15-2013, 06:45 AM
Nice idea but then people would be less likely to spend money to get the ships, so it will never happen. Can't really blame them on that one either.
Fed Fleet: Kodiak Legion (Tier 5 Lvl 20) | KDF Fleet: Imperial Legion (Tier 5 Lvl 20)
Lieutenant
# 10
08-15-2013, 04:59 PM
the way I've been thinking about it is this: fleet events, I can make specific ships from my collection available to specific players, even if only for the duration of a battle or for a few hours, whatever. It'll help other players try out different builds from their own, possibly even help lower-lvl players with their missions depending on how it's set up. If somebody borrows another player's ship and likes some of the abilities, but wants to try their own setup with it, that's a potential $5-$25 that Cryptic/Perfect World wouldn't have otherwise gotten