Starfleet Veteran
# 11
07-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Yes but don't you all agree that rep gear should be account bound. You work all that time to get it and you can only use it on one character.
Captain
# 12
07-17-2013, 01:53 PM
Tau Dewa sector patrol daily gives 60 romulan marks, more than enough to do a rep grind everyday and plenty of planets to choose so it can be somewhat different everyday. if you just do the project that nets 2k rep and that daily when you hit T5 reputation you will have enough extra rep to buy gear. Alts dont need to all be at the top, you can do a little at a time and eventualy get there while having some fun along the way.

I have 7 characters and only my main and favorite alt will ever see T5 in all rep.
Captain
# 13
07-17-2013, 02:41 PM
The reason for omega marks seeming to be greater is because it rewards more for a simple mission, and the fact is most people run STF's a lot for dilithium.

There are ways to earn a bunch of nukara and romulan marks as well, you just have to be willing to spend the time to get them, and while they don't really reward you in dilithium as much as omega missions, so most tend to run them the least.

For me I try and find alternatives like epohh hunts, trading in risa birds and sector defense for short quick romulan marks, while using the mission ques to get ahead on my nukara marks.

These little ways of finding alternatives help me to keep focused on spending time to earn fleet marks for my fleet.

And to give you an idea how effective it has been so far, all 3 reputations are at 4 working towards 5 now, for a 3-4 month old toon if even that old.

If you have come to the forums to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of the Romulan Tal'Shiar fleet
Captain
# 14
07-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Romulan marks don't pay well.

For EPO tagging you have to move all the way out to another sector. You queue up for 1 eSTF during mark event you are done plus the dilithium you get.

Nukara, the marks and the reputation alike are a joke.

Personally I stopped making alts when season 7 hit and I am now trying to force play reputation on my romulan character.

I could have been done weeks ago but moving the sliders around manually after I already beat it all half a year ago is just torture.

So a few times a week I finally get around to it and one day I will be done with it.

No more new characters no more reputation
Captain
# 15
07-17-2013, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
Romulan marks don't pay well.

For EPO tagging you have to move all the way out to another sector. You queue up for 1 eSTF during mark event you are done plus the dilithium you get.

Nukara, the marks and the reputation alike are a joke.

Personally I stopped making alts when season 7 hit and I am now trying to force play reputation on my romulan character.

I could have been done weeks ago but moving the sliders around manually after I already beat it all half a year ago is just torture.

So a few times a week I finally get around to it and one day I will be done with it.

No more new characters no more reputation
Lol yeah I hear ya, and that is why I will only ever have 3 characters!!!

If you have come to the forums to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of the Romulan Tal'Shiar fleet
Republic Veteran
Kids these days, you don't know what grinding is.

In my day you had to grind to even have the chance to be able to grind! Spend hours spamming in chat LFG just so you could spend another 20 mins running across the world to where you were going to camp out to grind mobs for hours on end. And if you were lucky you might even gain a level! And if you weren't you might lose one! And you know what? WE LIKED IT!

You kids have to spend 20 a mins day gathering some marks and in 36 days BAM you're done forever! In 36 days we were lucky to have gained 5 levels! AND WE LIKED IT!

And you don't even need to grind! The hardest content in the game can easily be done with rewards from Featured Episodes that can be run in a couple of hours, or just purchased from Fleet Starbases. A COUPLE OF HOURS! In my day you couldn't even earn 1 skill point in fishing in a couple of hours!

You can play an hour a day and be competitive on the very top end. Back in the day you had to poop in a sock and set your alarm to the estimated queue times just to barely hold on to staying on par! Sleep? For WUSSIES! AND WE LIKED IT!

Dang whippersnappers don't know how good they have it with their casual gaming. AND GET OFF MY LAWN!
Captain
# 17
07-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reximuz View Post
Snip!
Sounds like you had to walk uphill to school, both ways!
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
Career Officer
# 18
07-17-2013, 04:36 PM
Quote:
kids These Days, You Don't Know What Grinding Is.

In My Day You Had To... And We Liked It!

Dang Whippersnappers Don't Know How Good They Have It With Their Casual Gaming. And Get Off My Lawn!
Lol!
# 19
07-17-2013, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Kids these days, you don't know what grinding is.

In my day you had to grind to even have the chance to be able to grind! Spend hours spamming in chat LFG just so you could spend another 20 mins running across the world to where you were going to camp out to grind mobs for hours on end. And if you were lucky you might even gain a level! And if you weren't you might lose one! And you know what? WE LIKED IT!

You kids have to spend 20 a mins day gathering some marks and in 36 days BAM you're done forever! In 36 days we were lucky to have gained 5 levels! AND WE LIKED IT!

And you don't even need to grind! The hardest content in the game can easily be done with rewards from Featured Episodes that can be run in a couple of hours, or just purchased from Fleet Starbases. A COUPLE OF HOURS! In my day you couldn't even earn 1 skill point in fishing in a couple of hours!

You can play an hour a day and be competitive on the very top end. Back in the day you had to poop in a sock and set your alarm to the estimated queue times just to barely hold on to staying on par! Sleep? For WUSSIES! AND WE LIKED IT!

Dang whippersnappers don't know how good they have it with their casual gaming. AND GET OFF MY LAWN!
The only thing I miss about those days was that communities were better so the grind wasn't so painful.
These forums suck. ~Omega X
Commander
# 20
07-17-2013, 10:41 PM
Grinds are really killing this game I swear the developers are a one trick pony. Want reputation gear time to grind , need better fleet gear don't forget to grind that too , oh look we've added another rep grind , we've heard you don't like grinding so we've added another grind to shorten your grinding , and to celebrate the holidays guess what a new grind.