Captain
# 21
07-17-2013, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reximuz View Post
AND GET OFF MY LAWN!
About sums up the complaining about the grind plus a huge LMFAO to boot. There is a nice variety in what to grind in this game to get the same results unlike other games where you had to do 1 single grind over and over until you puke or pass out. And the rep grind in this game is optional unless you are some hardcore masochist pvp player and even then it is optional when you can do private pvp and have no rep gear allowed as rule.

Only thing I would like for rep grind is lose the idiotic projects for rep and just make it an XP where you can only earn X amount a day for advancement and anything after goes towards the next day. just do the events and gain advancement instead of having to do a project. add rewards like the borg nueral processors that you collect X amount of and turn in for things like rep gear, dilithium, or more rep XP depending on which the player would rather have. It's not like they dont know how many days they want the rep grind to last and be able to set a limit on how much XP is used per day. This could allow people to grind one rep for a couple days and turn in * item for more XP and not have to do it for the next week so they can do something else instead. And it also allows players to be able to take a day off for something like a pvp tourny and not have to worry about rep or the idiot projects.

The rep projects are great as a fleet system for leveling a fleet so everyone has to participate but stupid for individual projects.
Career Officer
# 22
07-18-2013, 05:03 AM
Grind. - To produce mechanically or without inspiration: The factory grinds out a uniform product. To instill or teach by persistent repetition.

Without inspiration... chasing bunnies repeatedly is not inspiring, doing the same missions over and over again for little to no reward other than to add to the grind is not inspiring.

It is boring.... introduce marks into the foundry missions, story missions... maybe then people can have more fun! More variation! A game is to be PLAYED.

And to those who say its not hard to grind it, I wish I had your patience and inability for sheer boredom of repeating the same process over and over and over and over and over and over and over again....

The rep system has pvp and pve connotations, intentional I am sure... but the gear... more grind.

Cryptic, take warning...games in this day and age that rely SOLELY on grinding will not last forever... Bring back the old system where you might have gotten a special component... bring the challenge back! Bring the good old days back ffs!!

And drag the person who thought it would be a quick and simple way for players to get their stuff by grinding reputation into the street and shoot them in the face.............too far?
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
07-18-2013, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeowhiskey4 View Post
Cryptic, take warning...games in this day and age that rely SOLELY on grinding will not last forever... Bring back the old system where you might have gotten a special component... bring the challenge back! Bring the good old days back ffs!!

And drag the person who thought it would be a quick and simple way for players to get their stuff by grinding reputation into the street and shoot them in the face.............too far?
+1 ....
Lieutenant
# 24
07-18-2013, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeowhiskey4 View Post
Cryptic - You cannot continue to entertain your entire audience with a pathetically small number of endgame missions. Update your foundry to include player made STF's, cos I am sure whilst your devs may be busy putting out fires left right and centre to not put all efforts into new missions, there are a large number of your player base that ARE willing to do it. I would urge you to consider this possibility.
^^^ 100% agreed ^^^

I also agree with the rest. I play for the story content. I steadfastly refuse to grind.

You grind for better gear so you have good enough gear to grind for better gear so you have good enough gear to grind for better gear so you have good enough gear to grind for better gear so you have good enough gear to grind for better gear so you have good enough gear to grind for better gear so you have good enough gear to grind for better gear so you have good enough gear to grind for better gear so you have good enough gear to grind for better gear so...

No thank you. You don't need the "goodest and bestest" to play PvE story content.

Command Officers of the USS Wyvern (from left to right):
Aurellia Eshkah (Tactical); Indigo Shae (Engineering); Nysiay Chysiayki (VA, Ship Captain)
Jeclia Sek (Science); Vally Mantivour (Security)
Career Officer
# 25
07-18-2013, 07:52 AM
Nukara Marks are not hard to come by...just get 1-2 people to team up...no dawdling..and you can get 110 marks in 10-15 minutes just doing the easy and medium missions on Nukara Prime and turning them in during the bonus time.

I hated doing the New Romulus ground missions...when the winter event came out I raced like mad and turned in winter epohhs for Rom marks. Raising the common ones on New Romulus is really just as easy and "poking bunnies" with a team can be entertaining.

Omega marks...just do Kit Ground a couple times...you will have enough marks for a few days.

Raising birds gives you your choice of marks...do the hunt, get eggs and favors...raise birds for marks and use favors to buy outfits and then sell extra favors on the exchange...get marks and EC...woot!

I have 13 characters...I don't know what possessed me, but 10 have T5 Rom and Omega...3 of those also have T5 Nukara and another 3 have T4 Nukara. The rest are all gathering marks for whatever reputation system/s they need. I won't bother starting a reputation system until I have 1500 marks. Spending millions of EC a week is bad enough, I don't want to grind for marks at the same time.
Career Officer
# 26
07-18-2013, 07:53 AM
omega u say is easy,
romulan with epohh is easy,
so the only one you need to fight for is nukara and the after reward is nukara marks and dil same as finishing romulan rep.\
and birds, right now risian birds make all marks ez

the only real hard grind is doff missions for me, raising science, engineering, recruiting etc all the way to t4 (100k each) takes forever unboosted.

if you have problems with dilithium just shoot a few more omega missions and sell marks and neurals for dil, (500 or 1000) easy always to max

if you have problems with ec just use exchange to sell all purple equipment you get from every few omega stfs. they can be worth 500k-1mil easy, not much but it adds up.
Lieutenant
# 27
07-18-2013, 08:17 AM
single best dil grind is in the rep system, if you can't figure it out, go ahead quit or shut up and stop whining about the grind.

Those that whine must be democrats expecting PW to "give" them everything with out working for it
Career Officer
# 28
07-18-2013, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by globus4 View Post
omega u say is easy,

the only real hard grind is doff missions for me, raising science, engineering, recruiting etc all the way to t4 (100k each) takes forever unboosted.

ummm...I don't know about that. I have been playing STO for 17 months and of my 13 characters I have 6 Fed Ambassadors and 4 KDF Marauders. My 3 new characters haven't been around long enough to have much CXP...but my 10 older toons have 7-11 of the doff sections to level 4.
Lieutenant
# 29
07-18-2013, 08:37 AM
Doing all 3 rep grinds at once.
I do The Vault Ensnared 2-3 daily for rom/nuk marks during bonus rep.
Then a few STF's(E) for omega marks.
Thats all the marks you need until there all T5
For extra marks your going to need for gear do the Epohh grind daily and the birds on Risa.
Doff as many missions you can for expertise, your going to need millions.
Of course your going to need a boat load of DIL to go with it.
Career Officer
# 30
07-18-2013, 08:41 AM
To be honest, the Advanced/Elite Fleet gear, and decent Purple MkXII gear, isn't that inferior to what the rep system offers.

In fact, with the right combo's I'd argue that some of it is actually better.

Eitherway, whilst my primary character is at T5 rep on everything but Nukara, I won't be grinding for any of my other characters - firstly because I simply can't face it, secondly because (as already stated) I really don't think that the Fleet equipment is significantly inferior to it.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY