Empire Veteran
# 21
07-17-2013, 03:15 PM
This is affecting Australia too. started approximately 24 hours from now and there is constant packet loss in game. npcs just teleport around, ships teleport around and animations don't play. Been playing the game nearly 2 months and this only cropped up yesterday. Completely unenjoyable trying to play like this.
Career Officer
# 22
07-17-2013, 03:54 PM
*sigh*

I just can't put up with this crap anymore. This game has been plagued with connection issues that either seem to be out of Cryptic's control or they just don't know what the f*** to do.

And this is ONLY with Cryptic or Perfect World games! How the f*** do they stay in business with problems like this? How many players do they lose? How much does business suffer? Considering that they haven't even acknowledged these issues, it must be very little.

I'd better stop before I enter into a deranged rant. But I've had enough of this.
@HyperLimited
Ensign
# 23
07-17-2013, 03:57 PM
Took me three attempts to login, beam to risa, do my daily flight, barely managed to turn it in before the last one. I am starting to suspect that this is to try and reduce the number of corvettes that will be out there otherwise.
Ensign
# 24
07-17-2013, 04:04 PM
I have Verizon Fios and I've been having everyone's problems since mid-morning.

I just got off the phone with Verizon after they checked my computer and internet connection and everything is good.

What are we to do? Is there anything Cryptic can do?

I can't play the game as it is now....
Captain
# 25
07-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Two options: everybody on Verizon switch providers, or Cryptic switch providers

Well option 3 is there too, player base deteriotes until nobody is left
Ensign
# 26
07-17-2013, 04:12 PM
Can I assume that since a Cryptic rep has not chimed in on this thread that it's not a big enough problem to attract their attention yet?

I've never experienced anything like this before in the 2 years I've been playing. I wonder if I'd have similar results in Neverwinter. I might log in there later and take a look-see...
Ensign
# 27
07-17-2013, 04:16 PM
Just checked Neverwinter- same thing
Ensign
# 28
07-17-2013, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
*sigh*

I just can't put up with this crap anymore. This game has been plagued with connection issues that either seem to be out of Cryptic's control or they just don't know what the f*** to do.

And this is ONLY with Cryptic or Perfect World games! How the f*** do they stay in business with problems like this? How many players do they lose? How much does business suffer? Considering that they haven't even acknowledged these issues, it must be very little.

I'd better stop before I enter into a deranged rant. But I've had enough of this.
Glad it's not just me thinking this. Every time I manage to find an hour or two to kill to play this game, seriously, EVERY TIME since Legacy launch, there's a "Unexpected Downtime" or a "Emergency Patch!" or "HELP! WE JUST SUCK AT SERVER MAINTENANCE!" glitch, or just flat out an issue with something that's just basically not acknowedlged. Right now it's this lag. I've already cancelled my Gold subscription a month ago, so I don't know what I can do as a consumer to voice my dissent... but yeah, it's ridiculous. I've played a ton of online games, and I don't understand why this one has so many damn problems just staying running!

Oh, and we can pay 125 cryptic points a pop to get a 0.00001 chance to get anything other than 5 lobi crystals, but NOOOO! CBS won't let us have a tier 5 Constitution class (for some reason that makes no sense). What the hell, CBS? WHY do you give any kind of targ's ass what people do with their imagination? Is a tier 5 constitution class starship going to damage the intellectual property somehow?

Anyway, done ranting. Seriously, can we players PLEASE have a playable game? EVER?
Ensign
# 29
07-17-2013, 04:24 PM
From many of the posts on this thread, it seems we Verizon Fios customers are in a bit of a pickle. I've had Fios since 2007 and extremely pleased with the service. Was on the phone with them an hour ago and my connection and speeds are very good.

I won't be switching my service any time soon to accommodate this game. I love ST:O, but come on, please...
Career Officer
# 30
07-17-2013, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by auggiedog1 View Post
Can I assume that since a Cryptic rep has not chimed in on this thread that it's not a big enough problem to attract their attention yet?....
What do you expect Cryptic to do? Since its Verizon that is throttling the bandwidth, there's nothing they can do about it. And complaining that another company is causing the problems will only attract more troll posts...

(So it looks like Cryptic is Dammed if they do, and Dammed if they don't...)

Last edited by grouchyotaku; 07-17-2013 at 04:32 PM.