Ensign
# 1 Add Delete All Mail Button
07-17-2013, 09:00 PM
I have THOUSANDS of mail from the Exchange. I dont pay to play this game to sit and delete mail that should never be sent in the first place. And now your telling me I cant post on the exchange after tomorrows patch because YOU have sent me too much junk mail. Im sure that a lot of people like to see what they have sold... but not me a tons of other people who work the exchange in MASS every day. I love your game and play it every day and probably have paid a thousand real dollars to your company.. but not to sit and delete mail... to play the game. ALL I ask is PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ADD A DELETE ALL MAIL BUTTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Save us all time and you memory and just get it done. Thank you for your time.

Last edited by zinnnix1; 07-17-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Ensign
# 2
07-18-2013, 04:23 AM
im still mad bump
Captain
# 3
07-18-2013, 04:27 AM
im not understanding why they are getting so stingy on this mail thing..

altho it sounds like the item sold emails wont be included in the 200 email limit.
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Career Officer
# 4
07-18-2013, 04:32 AM
You used to be able to delete mail from their web page login, but when that went to PW it was lost. Set up a macro and leave it clicking every two seconds overnight, that's what I did and am now the proud owner of an empty inbox!
Ensign
# 5
07-18-2013, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
You used to be able to delete mail from their web page login, but when that went to PW it was lost. Set up a macro and leave it clicking every two seconds overnight, that's what I did and am now the proud owner of an empty inbox!
I wish i could but the mail is so full it slows down the connection to a crawl. Takes about 20-30 sec to delete 1 mail. Might take a couple weeks to get through it all. And like a said in my post. I pay to PLAY not delete spam mail. Sorry all Im just frustrated that Im getting penalized for selling things to people in game by mass. Most of the time I have 200 auctions up across 5 toons. EVERY other MMO I have played(which is a lot) has had a Delete ALL mail button. If they can program in this funky mail system cant they put the button in?
Career Officer
# 6
07-18-2013, 05:27 AM
Quote:
I still have mail from before STO launched and never set up a macro. And I really shouldn't have to. Using mail did not break any rules. If Cryptic changes the rules it's their job to provide the necessary tools so that we can easily adhere to the new ones. As it is now everyone who used the mail system according to the old rules and didn't instantly delete everything is punished by being unable to put loot up on the Exchange.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
07-18-2013, 05:37 AM
Quote:
thats not the point man it should be such a hassel to delete mail. alot of people have over 40k mail and its all crap syain u sold something.

delete all mail button solves wasting ur time delete crap.

and for th elove of baby jesus would it hurt to add a check box i dont want to recive thousands of pointless mail every day button
Captain
# 8
07-18-2013, 06:12 AM
Why would you have over 200 emails in the first place? why not just delete them when they come in?
Captain
# 9
07-18-2013, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinnnix1 View Post
I have THOUSANDS of mail from the Exchange. I dont pay to play this game to sit and delete mail that should never be sent in the first place. And now your telling me I cant post on the exchange after tomorrows patch because YOU have sent me too much junk mail. Im sure that a lot of people like to see what they have sold... but not me a tons of other people who work the exchange in MASS every day. I love your game and play it every day and probably have paid a thousand real dollars to your company.. but not to sit and delete mail... to play the game. ALL I ask is PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ADD A DELETE ALL MAIL BUTTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Save us all time and you memory and just get it done. Thank you for your time.
I absolutely agree.

I have literally hundreds of undeleted mail in my mailbox, i can't even open the mailbox without freezing the game. How am i supposed to delete them one by one?

Another nail in the coffin for STO IMO....

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
thats not the point man it should be such a hassel to delete mail. alot of people have over 40k mail and its all crap syain u sold something.

delete all mail button solves wasting ur time delete crap.

and for th elove of baby jesus would it hurt to add a check box i dont want to recive thousands of pointless mail every day button
Very True.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-

The "TT and/or AtB less builds" - Thread
Ensign
# 10
07-18-2013, 06:20 AM
The patch notes are not very clear are these limitations per toon or are they account wide because a limit of 200 Items or 200 mails per account would be unfair to someone who has paid to have extra toons!