Ensign
# 11
07-18-2013, 06:22 AM
I recently came back to STO (I played for about 6 months at launch) and now my messages are full of gold sellers, it seems ridiculous that there isn't a delete all, or even a way to select multiple messages to delete....
Ensign
# 12
07-18-2013, 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmaster101 View Post
Why would you have over 200 emails in the first place? why not just delete them when they come in?
Hmm log in to delete mail or blow stuff up and make money? Hmm what would be more fun?
Captain
# 13
07-18-2013, 06:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinnnix1 View Post
Hmm log in to delete mail or blow stuff up and make money? Hmm what would be more fun?
But even if you're getting 10 a day it's not like it takes more then 1-2 minutes to delete 10 emails. Heck, if you're a guy you probably spend 1-2 minutes just scratching your testicles and thinking about what you want to do in game.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Ensign
# 14
07-18-2013, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
But even if you're getting 10 a day it's not like it takes more then 1-2 minutes to delete 10 emails. Heck, if you're a guy you probably spend 1-2 minutes just scratching your testicles and thinking about what you want to do in game.
This is true. Except for the fact there are days I get 4-5 hundred mails. And no Im not exaggerating... and no Im not telling you guys what I sell to make tons of EC either lmao.
Captain
# 15
07-18-2013, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zinnnix1 View Post
This is true. Except for the fact there are days I get 4-5 hundred mails. And no Im not exaggerating... and no Im not telling you guys what I sell to make tons of EC either lmao.
Since today's Patch Notes seem to limit emails to 200 maximum you won't need to worry about 400-500 a day any more.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Empire Veteran
# 16
07-18-2013, 06:48 AM
I've reported this issue before about the snails pace mail with excess stuff in the inbox. Devs, you really need to fix this issue by

1. Adding mail access to the STO Gateway which I have preached this several times.

or

2. Adding a Previous/Next Page option like in a real email system to reduce client lag.

With this new Exchange/Mail System in place we need this now more than ever. So fix the problem already its been damn near a year since I last reported this issue and submitted tickets on it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-18-2013, 08:29 AM
Even true email providers would choke on 500 mails a day.

Maybe you should just prioritize your exchange/mail usage a bit. If your spending that much time selling things to get EC on the exchange how do you have time to actually play?

I will never have a bleeding heart for those using the exchange and mail as their personal banking system.
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
07-18-2013, 08:34 AM
Putting checkmarks next to mails so we can delete many at a time would go a long way.
Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
Captain
# 19
07-18-2013, 08:36 AM
or an option setting to never receive "exchange item sold" messages altogether .....

you can doo eet ! you offer so many option settings available already.....
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
07-18-2013, 08:57 AM
Just line up the "delete" button with the "confirm" button and mash your mouse button.

It took me about 90 seconds to empty my mailbox of 200 items. You should be able to get this done in 5-10 minutes flat. C'mon, don't be so lazy.