Lt. Commander
# 1 Is Subsystem Repair useless?
12-28-2013, 02:42 PM
Have they changed things so as to make use of this skill or is this starship skill one of the, if not the most, useless of captain skills
Empire Veteran
# 2
12-29-2013, 12:47 AM
Oh heck no, there's plenty of usage for this skill even in PvE. There are plenty of enemies who will gladly shut your stuff down.

Voth
Romulans
Fek'ihri
Tholians
Federation
Klingons

Probably others

Trust me, speccing into it can make a world of difference from just sitting there useless, to being back in the game more quickly.

Captain
# 3
12-29-2013, 01:02 AM
for PVE a disabled weapon is annoying as stako
a disabled shield is dangerous
disabled engines in PVE is pretty irrelevant...and for most builds except sci and carriers aux is also irrelevant, but can be annoying sometimes.

for the 2 that really matter i have EPtW/S, warpcore batterie thing (mostly the shield heal)
for engines i have the adapted maco or KHG engines
and on sci heavy builds i have an aux battery onboard.

with all this in place i usually have no problem when a subsystem is disabled.
Go pro or go home
Lieutenant
# 4
01-01-2014, 07:59 PM
So having an all human boff crew for space + Subsystem Repair skill becomes irrelevant with all those disable counters?
Captain
# 5
01-01-2014, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stolts View Post
So having an all human boff crew for space + Subsystem Repair skill becomes irrelevant with all those disable counters?
No, it means you dont have to rely so much on them. An all human crew recovers from a system disable (especially if the skill box is specced into) almost instantly.

For PvP this is ridiculously a good thing.

For PvE its not as big a deal, but its by no means "useless" or "irrelevant"
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Republic Veteran
# 6
01-02-2014, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stolts View Post
considering how long a cool downs/shared cooldowns many "counters" have, and the fact that some enemies can do it to you repeatedly within a matter of seconds of you clearing it, hell no its not irrelevant.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
01-02-2014, 12:52 AM
Never, ever, never...useless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwarlord View Post
Have they changed things so as to make use of this skill or is this starship skill one of the, if not the most, useless of captain skills

Task Force Zulu--Back to Duty X4 SB T1.5, Tac 2, Eng 1 & Sci 1.
To the Edge of Space and Beyond

Subscribe to STO--1200+ days
LTS December 2011
Empire Veteran
# 8
01-02-2014, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
considering how long a cool downs/shared cooldowns many "counters" have, and the fact that some enemies can do it to you repeatedly within a matter of seconds of you clearing it, hell no its not irrelevant.
*cough* Tholian weapons shutoff *cough*

Captain
# 9
01-02-2014, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
*cough* Tholian weapons shutoff *cough*
Quoted for truth.

Tholians shutoff weapons like no tomorrow. Nothing i have found so far stops them from doing so, nor decreases the length of it.

Hit EPtW to clear that, ok *hits EPtW*, *tholian shuts it off again*, fine ill hit my Weapon Battery *pushes button*, *tholian does it again*.......now wtf do i do?

So sometimes useless.....
Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
Captain
# 10
01-02-2014, 03:52 AM
Well, it's like anything else, you keep getting hit by something that has the capability to offline stuff, of course, eventually, it will get through.

butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
Temperance Brennan, "A building"