Lt. Commander
# 1 Can't Download game client
01-01-2012, 03:28 AM
Is anyone else having trouble with downloading the game client? I can't get the torrent to work and I can't get the direct download to start downloading. I'm able to download Champions Online, however this game does not seem to be downloadable. Anyone have suggestions?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Still no answer....
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-06-2012, 01:50 PM
I'm downloading now but both downloader and torrent are horribly slow (like 100kbs or slower). I'm guessing they don't want people to play STO.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Yes, way too slow
01-06-2012, 08:21 PM
The download speed is horrendously slow. I agree, I guess they don't want anyone to play the game.
I had the game installed on my old computer and have to install on the newer one which is the only reason I need to download. I have a ridiculously fast download rate with my ISP, so it's definitely an issue on the Cryptic/STO end. Reminds me of when LOTRO when F2P. Monumental download, ridiculously stupid and tedious install process by the game, and uber-slow speed. Lame.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-08-2012, 07:41 AM
Indeed the speed and options given to download are not sufficient, they really need to sort this out before the f2p official launch.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-08-2012, 08:28 AM
You guys got too realize that the game is now over 10mb download it does not matter how fast your internet is i even got a 10mb download and it still taks me over an hour to down load fully So just let it down load then go do some thing eles for like an hour and a half and it all so depends on how far away live from there servers as well.Try switching the Proxy too Us or Eu and if you have the Patch Via Proxy on it will be slower.

Just start the down load and then go do some thing for about an hour and like i said its a Big download over 10mb the last time i checked.And sense they keep patching and adding new stuff it might be bigger.So just wait an hour or so.
Ensign
# 7
03-13-2013, 02:16 AM
I've just downloaded the client again after not playing for a while .. What's up with the speeds? It's not on my end I'm on guild wars 2 everyday with no problem!!

What's up cryptic let us know that there is a problem....