Captain
# 11
07-19-2013, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
I'll give it another play through this weekend. I think you've played the only published mission I have, so I have nothing to trade.
I don't know what your episode is called , I tried searching using your name,"thegreendragoon1" just now, couldn't find anything.

I should probably try and get some work done on my new episode in the foundry right now anyhow, but if you post the title of your episode here I'll give it a shot as well, probably tommorrow or so.

I think it's a great idea, to "trade" episodes.

alrighty.

take care all and god bless ya.

Update: Well, I've tried to get into the "Foundry" to continue to work on my new kdf episode....and the so called "foundry" {which should have it's name changed to 'Ship Wreck', instead}, keeps crashing Every time I try to sign in to the episode I'm working on....

SOOOO, I'm gonna see if I can find your episode , thegreendragoon1, Something which I did not think of till now, is that perhaps I didn't find it cause it might be a KDF episode. So I will sign in to one of my kdf characters and see if your episode can be found that way.

I sure hope the Foundry gets fixed soon. Please PUH-LEASE God almighty of the Universe , have Cryptic and STO announce that they will eventually make the Foundry an installable program Puhlease!!!

ahem... alrighty then...onward.

I tried looking as a kdf character, once again, for your name , "thegreendragoon1", but can't find anything....

So anyhow if you place the title of your episode here, I'll play it sometime too.

Last edited by amahood; 07-19-2013 at 07:44 AM. Reason: updated in order to not keep posting multiple posts.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
07-19-2013, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amahood View Post
I don't know what your episode is called , I tried searching using your name,"thegreendragoon1" just now, couldn't find anything.

I should probably try and get some work done on my new episode in the foundry right now anyhow, but if you post the title of your episode here I'll give it a shot as well, probably tommorrow or so.

I think it's a great idea, to "trade" episodes.

alrighty.

take care all and god bless ya.

Update: Well, I've tried to get into the "Foundry" to continue to work on my new kdf episode....and the so called "foundry" {which should have it's name changed to 'Ship Wreck', instead}, keeps crashing Every time I try to sign in to the episode I'm working on....

SOOOO, I'm gonna see if I can find your episode , thegreendragoon1, Something which I did not think of till now, is that perhaps I didn't find it cause it might be a KDF episode. So I will sign in to one of my kdf characters and see if your episode can be found that way.

I sure hope the Foundry gets fixed soon. Please PUH-LEASE God almighty of the Universe , have Cryptic and STO announce that they will eventually make the Foundry an installable program Puhlease!!!

ahem... alrighty then...onward.

I tried looking as a kdf character, once again, for your name , "thegreendragoon1", but can't find anything....

So anyhow if you place the title of your episode here, I'll play it sometime too.

Oh sorry. In game, I just go by just greendragoon. My fungily forum title is a result of the forum merge. My mission is on the Fed side called "In the Shadow of MIDAS, Part 1."

As to your issues with the KDF, there are some bugs right now the devs are still trying to fix. A work around is to build your mission with a fed toon. In order to test, you'll neet to switch to untargetable mode and use the kill button for any NPC group that is friend to the Feds but enemies to the kdf.

@greendragoon

Last edited by thegreendragoon1; 07-19-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Captain
# 13
07-19-2013, 09:50 AM
Thanks for your review amahood, much appreciated. Which girl were you referring to, there were quite a few

Have you tried greendragoon1 without the 1 at the end? His signature reads @greendragoon below the image.

I'm out of time for missions today, but I'll certainly return the favour and give yours a playthrough with amahood other ones as soon as I can (and anyone else if they ask).

& Rose Tinted Mirror (Fed 31+)
Career Officer
# 14
07-19-2013, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys! I'll play your guys' starting today when I get home from work, hopefully one or two per day.

I'll look into the UPS thing isthisscience thanks

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-19-2013, 11:52 AM
Oh gee, any of my current 4 you haven't played...

Author: Malize

Fed:
"Sceptor of Minos"
"The Sky Above, The Clouds Below"

KDF:
"Grapok in the Generals Lung"
"Legend of the Inspector General" (lvl 16+)
Real Sector Maps - Online Atlas - for Star Trek/STO
Foundry Missions:
Scepter of Minos * Grapok in the Generals Lung * The Sky Above, The Clouds Below * Legend of the Inspector General (16+) * Miridoor (41+) * Survival Must Be Earned (a Klingon Romeo and Juliet story)
Captain
# 16
07-19-2013, 03:10 PM
Got a few moments on the computer right now, so I thought I'd check in on the posts here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisscience View Post
Thanks for your review amahood, much appreciated. Which girl were you referring to, there were quite a few

Have you tried greendragoon1 without the 1 at the end? His signature reads @greendragoon below the image.

I'm out of time for missions today, but I'll certainly return the favour and give yours a playthrough with amahood other ones as soon as I can (and anyone else if they ask).

Howdy isthisscience, your welcome

The girl in your Episode I was talking about is the girl you find dead in the end, what you find out about her, makes it a very interesting story. And I think an Episode is quite interesting when it has that sort of "twist" in it. I won't say more cause I don't want to give away any spoilers for people who haven't played your episode yet.
Thank you for letting me know about greendragoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
Oh sorry. In game, I just go by just greendragoon. My fungily forum title is a result of the forum merge. My mission is on the Fed side called "In the Shadow of MIDAS, Part 1."

As to your issues with the KDF, there are some bugs right now the devs are still trying to fix. A work around is to build your mission with a fed toon. In order to test, you'll neet to switch to untargetable mode and use the kill button for any NPC group that is friend to the Feds but enemies to the kdf.

Thank you for the information
I'll definitely play that episode when I get more time on the computer to do so, (hopefully-and most likely- within a day or two.)

I also appreciate the advice as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys! I'll play your guys' starting today when I get home from work, hopefully one or two per day.
Your welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by realmalize View Post
Oh gee, any of my current 4 you haven't played...

Author: Malize

Fed:
"Sceptor of Minos"
"The Sky Above, The Clouds Below"

KDF:
"Grapok in the Generals Lung"
"Legend of the Inspector General" (lvl 16+)
After I've done thegreendragoon1's episode, I'll play and review yours as well.
Hopefully within this week.

Well Take care everyone. And God Bless ya all.
Ensign
# 17
07-19-2013, 04:16 PM
Quote:
I just republished Duritanium Man and need some reviews to get it out of red text hell! I'm sick and tired of it!

I'll play your mission and you play mine. We leave a review in here and tell each other what we thought!
I tested your mission and liked it a lot. Especially the very sensitive lore-mixup. I enjoyed your style of making dialogues, the huge areas you created and the questdesign. Now what I didn't like. First of all, I think that you should cut the dialogue part in the beginning. Players who are not already drawn into the story should not be overwhelmed with too much dialogue. The next thing (but that may be a personal matter) is that the mission is just too long. I think it would be better if it was split in several parts. I wanted to finish the mission today and could not play with my friends afterwards because they all went offline while I played it. It would be much more casual-friendly if people could portion their experience in several parts.

The spawn points for the space-fights are too close to planets in my eyes. I fly a huge cruiser (Odyssee Class) and endet up in the atmospheres of the planets almost every time I turned that gigantic bucket of a ship.

The last thing I could suggest to further improve your mission is the positioning/number of mobs. The mobs in your story all drain life directly and almost ignore the player's shields. I had to fight two groups at a time on two occasions and the flanking damage almost killed me before I could react to it. In my eyes, it would be better to place on single group on that parts and split it up to flank the player. That would help lower equipped people a lot.

Okay, and one last thing. A little more clutter in that last ground-fighting area would improve the immersion (Consoles, Wires, etc.).

That may sound like a lot of things I did not like. But all in all your mission is great, really. The aspects I pointed out here are just things you could improve, but it is not necessary to enjoy the mission

I would really like to hear what you think about my mission!
Mission Name: An unexpected discovery

Description: You are assigned to a normal sector exploration mission. But the Borg are excellent in ruining every captain's day.

Author: @norgur1

ID: ST-HKKQKKRZ6
Career Officer
# 18
07-19-2013, 08:00 PM
Thanks for playing Duritanium Man guys,

one of the common things that is mentioned is how bare some of the last map looks unfortunately I can't do anything about it since I hit the object limit (475 objects)!

@norgur1:

For the "to much dialogue in the beginning" Do you mean the optional dialogue on the first map?

I actually planned to make it into a 2 parter...but ended up combining them. Initially the end point of part 1 would be when you beam out of the Lab and chase after the Remans. How long did it take you to do the whole mission?

Also...yea I'm gonna move the planet, its far too close...good point thanks.

RE: combat. how did everyone else feel? I did intend on having it be difficult, specifically with the flanking "maneuvers".

Thanks again for the feedback its time for me to start playing some foundry missions

Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
Career Officer
# 19
07-19-2013, 10:11 PM
This is my review and feedback on isthisscience's mission Rose Tinted Mirror.

I really liked the maps! Especially the UESPA Headquarters and Jupiter station.

The writing was excellent. I don't wanna sound lame or anything but I couldn't come up with a word to describe it, that's how awesome I thought it was. I really wanted to know what the heck was going on, especially after I captured the three people. IMO that's when it really took off.

The combat was pretty balanced (maybe a bit easy at the beginning) but the last fight was real hard. I died three times I think. I elaborated more in "note and suggestions".

FYI I was reading Commander Mercier's voice as one of the characters in System Shock 2. Don't remember which character...and don't know why I mentioned it but anyways really great mission!

Notes/Suggestions

I have some notes and suggestions on Foundry Tech usage. If all you're looking for is a review you can skip this! However there may be something you can learn from this. To isthisscience, its up to you on what you do with this, its just my POV.

Map 1
Check <x> Records - Multiple Interact with Object objectives. A trick to make them appear to be on one console is to have all three consoles in the exact same place with same orientation. Then it looks like its just one console with 3 different interact objectives!
Also there was no animation on any of interact objectives.
No animation on the interrogate interacts with object.
Objective - Return to Commander Arney...but its to Commander Riva Mercier...did you change the name after? Maybe I missed something

Map 2
The disable forcefields objectives showed up was weird, how did you do it? I forgot to take a screenshot but it would show each disable forcefield as its own objective yet still list the progress (1/3 then 2/3 and then 3/3). If you did it properly it might be a bug and we should put a post in the foundry bug forum
4th defeat hologram objective had a unit stuck in the wall (was still able to shoot it)

Map 3
Objective - Talk to Commander Arney...talking to Riva Mercier wrong name again?

Nothing for a while, either I didn't notice anything or I got too caught up in actually playing the mission

Bridge Map
Insta Combat on the bridge was hard, I wasn't paying attention on map load and then I died! What I did in "The Great Escape" was to have an invisible wall between the player and the bad guys. The map would load and instantly pop up a map pop up dialogue When that dialogue finished the invisible wall would go down and fighting would commence. Gives the player some warning and a tiny bit of prep time. My dialogue would usually be like "oh no they're here! blahblah!!!"

General Suggestions
I found several typos...what I do is type dialogue in a word processor (Microsoft Word, Google Docs) for free spell check! Copy pasting is easy alt-tab, alt-tab alt-tab.

I made a list of the typos and will mail you in game when its formatted. EDIT: AND NEVER MIND I thought you can copy paste in the mail thing, I posted it in your mission's thread.

Finally, I posted this in your mission thread as well...if you want to discuss anything we can post there.

Link to thread

Last edited by zorbane; 07-19-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Ensign
# 20
07-20-2013, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Thanks for playing Duritanium Man guys,

one of the common things that is mentioned is how bare some of the last map looks unfortunately I can't do anything about it since I hit the object limit (475 objects)!

@norgur1:

For the "to much dialogue in the beginning" Do you mean the optional dialogue on the first map?

I actually planned to make it into a 2 parter...but ended up combining them. Initially the end point of part 1 would be when you beam out of the Lab and chase after the Remans. How long did it take you to do the whole mission?

Also...yea I'm gonna move the planet, its far too close...good point thanks.

RE: combat. how did everyone else feel? I did intend on having it be difficult, specifically with the flanking "maneuvers".

Thanks again for the feedback its time for me to start playing some foundry missions
The optional dialogue is fine. Whoever talks to everyone may not wonder if there is much dialogue No, I mean the talk to Clark etc.

It took me far over an hour to go through that mission. And as the fighting part in your mission is not very relevant, that was over an hour of pure reading

Last edited by norgur1; 07-20-2013 at 04:19 AM.
Closed Thread