Captain
# 21
07-20-2013, 08:42 AM
Played and Reviewed some more missions/ episodes (forgive me if I don't say much here for my review, it's just REALLY Hot where I am right now ..ugkk...I much prefer rain, clouds and cool air , so needless to say I don't do well in the Heat.....And prefer any other season besides summer , anyhow onwards, and I felt everyone deserved a tip :

Author: greendragoon

Title: In the Shadow of MIDAS part 1

Rating: 5/5 stars

I liked this one , great creativity, good story.

Author: Malize

Title: Sceptor of Minos

Great job here as well.

Author: norgur1

Title: An Unexpected Discovery

Awsome story once again. I'm quite a fan of the Borg so needless to say I liked this one too.

Great job everyone !

I'm not too sure when I will get back to playing some more foundry missions , it might be a few days or so, I don't know yet, but when I do , I'll post here again.

Anyhow god bless ya all and take care

Captain
# 22
07-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Well I just tried to get onto working on my KDF foundry project, but it won't let me in. It'll crash every-time I try.

So.... Unfortunately I can't work on my latest KDF project.... makes me sad.....

BUT on a bonus side, that gives me more time this week, to review/ play more episodes.

Career Officer
# 23
07-20-2013, 01:02 PM
Hi Amahood,

Good mission. It's a bit simple and quite structured (go here then do this, rinse repeat). I'd suggest putting a little bit of variety.

Notes and Suggestions

As always these are just my opinions

Map 1
The Borg ships...It feels like they were just hanging around for me to blow them up. Could be integrated better. Example would be like they suddenly attack while you're scanning the ship.

Map 2
Borg props hovering over the ground (whatever that thing is that the people are trapped in)
Give the NPCs you are rescuing a full name, or a title + name. Just a first name makes them seem unimportant. The way I name my characters is by stealing them from my doffs.
Each "rescue" felt the same. I would suggest mixing it up a bit, have different npc groups or a different way to disable the forcefield thing

Map 3
I like what you did with the TOS map

General
Who the heck is Liam? Apparently he's my best friend but I have no clue who he is. Some back story in the beginning of the mission would help.

Solid mission though, its a good start!

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 24
07-20-2013, 08:35 PM
It's about time I gave one of your missions a play so I am on board.

Give my mission A Time to Search a try its a Fed Lvl 16+ and needs plays to qualify for rewards. Mission begins at the Risa system. Some players are having trouble at the 2nd to last map so I have to look into that.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Career Officer
# 25
07-20-2013, 09:18 PM
This is my review for malize's mission Sceptor of Minos

Very well written! The backstory is very deep too. The interior maps were really well done. I liked the mission a lot and gave it a 5!

Map 1
First reach objective is kind of small, my odyssey missed it the first time. If there's no reason for it to be so small make it easier to hit!
This is also what's called a "one objective wonder" map. It doesn't really add anything to the mission.

Map 2
I like the map design! The detail objects and people walking around bring it to life. The rooms are well done.
In the room with Admiral Lauder there's npcs standing in the middle of the room with the typing animation. You might wanna move them next to a console!

Map 3
Interesting ambush, I don't thikn I've seen much "nebula" fights in Foundry missions other than grinder pew pew ones

Map 4
Some random typing guys in the middle of nowhere again. It looks like they're wandering and doing the animation at once so they'll wander to the middle of the hall and then type in the air

Map 5
Tyrex warp animatnion is distracting, why not have it appear at the same time as the bad guys? You can still have the warp animation go off just before the fight starts. Then have it disappear when the fight is over and put a random npc contact there

Map 7
Another very well done map!
Initial objective interact animation uses wrong tricorder (klingon)
Naussicans stuck in teh walls? Not sure what was going on during some of those fights
Scan gas uses wrong tricorder
Override door uses wrong tricorder
Check on Bruel wrong tricorder

General
Becareful which tricorder animation is used...there's two that are named the same and have no description. one uses a klingon tricorder, one uses a fed
I noticed you use random objects for Interact with Objects for objectives where you're doing something to something far away (Check On Bruel is an example). I recommend using an invisible object because it looks weird when a plant has the "interact with me!"animation and im doing something else

Once again great mission!

Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-20-2013, 10:03 PM
Well, I'd tend to disagree about the first map. To me it would be more disconcerting to enter a social space map door with your ship and arrive in an interior room...some folks may take the short cut and toss the player directly to an interior map...and that can work depending on how you set it up, but the point of the first map is to help immerse you into the Nausicaan system setting.
Real Sector Maps - Online Atlas - for Star Trek/STO
Foundry Missions:
Scepter of Minos * Grapok in the Generals Lung * The Sky Above, The Clouds Below * Legend of the Inspector General (16+) * Miridoor (41+) * Survival Must Be Earned (a Klingon Romeo and Juliet story)
Career Officer
# 27
07-20-2013, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by realmalize View Post
Well, I'd tend to disagree about the first map. To me it would be more disconcerting to enter a social space map door with your ship and arrive in an interior room...some folks may take the short cut and toss the player directly to an interior map...and that can work depending on how you set it up, but the point of the first map is to help immerse you into the Nausicaan system setting.
That's fine, like I said its a matter of taste. I can understand your reasoning

Survivor of Romulus
# 28
07-21-2013, 03:43 AM
Played the "Duritanium Man" yesterday, but was unable to write a review until now .

First of all; the overall parody was funny and a joy to play, as you can see here and here i specially dressed up for the fair .

The fair itself was funny to walk over, i found all sorts of references (which i don't mention here) that made me *oh wait is that ...?* which caused me to actually look for more references you've might put in place.

That you actually put a Pakled as a captain made me actually laugh out loud.

One thing i actually wasn't very fond of, was the fact that some actions (in more then one map) only stated "interact".

The actual fact that you have multiple conversation choices made it more like "what am i actually going to say and what will happen after that".

I saw couple of typo's but didn't really wrote anything up, sorry... The only thing i can still remember is the dabo girl which mentioned something about a rastaurant.

2) The space missions didn't gave that *wow* feeling like the fair or the lab ground mission. Especially the "warp" effect wasn't that wonderful tbh. I rather do a map reload then seeing warpspeed stars while seeing a container (like the deuterium containers from alhena) still hanging around.

Next to that, if i am correct you have the planets and such invisible until you reach the "end-of-warp" marker (and a conversation box), right? Problem with that is that when you don't actually stop you might be heading to or inside the place where the planet actualy spawns.

The fact you used the double RR-name made me factcheck the actual movie and confirm the assistent actually called double PP .

After fighting in the mine, it's mentioned that the person is laying around unable to do anything. It might be i missed him, but i didn't saw him laying everywhere.

3) The last map was just awesomely designed, first of all. The inside fights were easy and fun. The story followed quite smoothly and easy to follow. After seeing the stairs from the inside i wanted to get outside asap to see the building.

Eventually out, i wanted to actually around the building (over the water), this might be map limit, but i was a bit (only a tiny bit) bummed this wasn't possible.

As soon as i was in the outside map, the map didn't "pushed" me enough in a correct direction. As soon as the watchtower became visible i wanted to see what was around there. This started the actual end-dialog which mentioned to start after the endfight.

It might be wise to put this marker after couple of invisible walls (as soon as the the end-dialog is reached, the walls go down).

--------------

Anyway, i know how much work it is do create actual foundry maps/stories with all the foundry limitations we have. All the details, parodies and the actual story, made me give you a nice 5/5.

*Double Thumbs up*

--------------

This mission was my first ever, it's quite short but it was a good learning experience for me.

Collectiveness strikes gold
ST-HII7CAMOB

Easy combat, easy story, quite some effects. It can be played within 25 minutes. I am already halfway it's sequel which will have far more evolved story. Will post it when finished.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Captain
# 29
07-21-2013, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
Hi Amahood,

Good mission. It's a bit simple and quite structured (go here then do this, rinse repeat). I'd suggest putting a little bit of variety.

Notes and Suggestions

As always these are just my opinions

Map 1
The Borg ships...It feels like they were just hanging around for me to blow them up. Could be integrated better. Example would be like they suddenly attack while you're scanning the ship.

Map 2
Borg props hovering over the ground (whatever that thing is that the people are trapped in)
Give the NPCs you are rescuing a full name, or a title + name. Just a first name makes them seem unimportant. The way I name my characters is by stealing them from my doffs.
Each "rescue" felt the same. I would suggest mixing it up a bit, have different npc groups or a different way to disable the forcefield thing

Map 3
I like what you did with the TOS map

General
Who the heck is Liam? Apparently he's my best friend but I have no clue who he is. Some back story in the beginning of the mission would help.

Solid mission though, its a good start!
Hi zorbane,

thanks for playing an episode. and for your feedback. that episode you played, was my very first one, so it shows quite a bit that I didn't really know how to do alot of things.

So putting lots of detail and such, wasn't really my concern at the time, I just wanted to get my idea out into a mission at the time.

As a person plays through the other missions I made afterwards, you can see how I improve on things as I gain more experience with the Foundry.

the third episode of Long Lost Friend is the most recent I made, and I'm quite proud of that one.

I'd really like to see peoples opinion of that one. or anyone of course.

Thanks for your advice. I appreciate it.

What happens with me, is , because the foundry crashes alot, I tend to lose patience with it and decide to get the story done with less details on maps and more on the story idea itself.

But the kdf episode I'm working on (well that is will work on once the foundry works again), I'm trying to put more map details and such .

And also as for Liam being the best friend, I didn't bother creating much backstory to that cause I figured, if a character is a best friend of somebody, then they don't really need a backstory cause they're your best friend.... but that's just my opinion. Cause I figure, why would someone need to tell the main player about their best friend's history? if that's there best friend? they'd already know everything already and not need a history. Just the knowledge that they're a friend, is good enough I think.

also it was made simple cause I try to not make the mission/s too long so people are not sitting there for two hours trying to finish one mission.

anyhow thanks for the review.

Last edited by amahood; 07-21-2013 at 04:56 AM.
Captain
# 30
07-21-2013, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by realmalize View Post
I think your episode was just fine, realmalize. Everything fit well.

thank you for playing mine.

Just a thought for others , who try my episodes, try out "Long Lost Friend 3", before the others, cause I think that one is the best one of the ones I've made so far.

Closed Thread