Captain
# 1 Dreadnought mobs, please!
07-18-2013, 10:19 PM
I know this has been brought up before, but I would love to be able to place dreadnought mobs in space maps. When, if at all, could we see this functionality added to the Foundry?

If you (the devs) are concerned because dreadnoughts are generally more powerful than players, you don't need to be. Most Founders are smart enough to know that already, and will take it into account when building the mission.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Lieutenant
# 2
07-22-2013, 03:57 AM
good idea. maybe this would help for one problem i always have on my missions, that friendly npc's that are story relevant can't get into a fight cause the would be destroyed.

A foundry by commandermic

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1040761
Captain
# 3
07-23-2013, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commandermic View Post
good idea. maybe this would help for one problem i always have on my missions, that friendly npc's that are story relevant can't get into a fight cause the would be destroyed.
That would be real useful

Plus sometimes i would like to put in a Mob thats supposed to be nearly impossible to beat, and use it to discourage the player from going over to that location, without using an invisible wall

Sometimes i want to be able to put the player in a position where they are not in control, E.g nemesis , where the Enterprise is clearly outmatched and outgunned , i want the ability to put pressure on the player, force them to flee

During this Foundry Bonus Weekend, don't just choose the shortest missions, choose to play the best missions. Have more fun, get more marks!

List of great missions: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=286621
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-23-2013, 09:17 AM
I second this motion.

This would be very useful for a mission I am in the process of building.

P.S. (And who hasn't wanted to see if their ship could take on a dreadnought one-on-one?)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This signature is false.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-23-2013, 09:53 AM
I third the motion. Being able to place dreadnought NPC groups would be nice. However, I'd recommend that the NPC dreadnought mob info state that a player probably can't fight a dreadnought solo, just in case.

I will not surrender!
Career Officer
# 6
07-23-2013, 10:20 AM
If not npc groups are there NPC contact costumes for them?

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 7
07-23-2013, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
If not npc groups are there NPC contact costumes for them?
For most of them. But reskinning a battleship just isn't the same.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!
Rihannsu
# 8
07-23-2013, 10:50 AM
Yes, please add them and let authors take the risk of making the mission possible.

even if they just add a ship that has 3 or 4 times the HP of a battleship, its better than just using a battleship.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Ensign
# 9
08-28-2013, 04:20 AM
I agree there needs to be harder bosses. I am currently working on a borg mission, and well I ran into the issue of the boss fight being to easy. The highest you can have is an elite tact drone and well they are not much of a challenge. I would also like to see tact cubes as well. I know it will be hard to fight them alone, but I myself enjoy a good challenge. Even if it takes me a couple of times to kill something and I have to push myself to the limit and come up with a different way of doing it, that to me is what makes a mission fun. If I just can go in and wipe the floor with the enemy it makes it boring. Maybe you can allow for bosses like the ones in the stfs just adjusted to make it possible for a single player to kill it but not to easily. Or even allowing us to create our own bosses to our specs but place a limit on how hard it can be, but allowing us to make the boss as easy or as hard as we choose would make the mission that much more different.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
08-28-2013, 04:55 AM
A dreadnought can appear in a Battleship group if there are enough players in the mission, but I agree I think STO needs a space equivalent of the "Captain" ground unit.