# 1 Performance issues. Help need.
01-22-2010, 05:00 PM
Howdy,

Is anyone having performance issues with the game? Here is my pc config:
e7300 intel core duo
gforce 9800gtx
4gb ram
windows vista 64bits/sp1

The game runs smooth while playing in the "ship mode", but when I turn to "toon mode", man it goes ubber slow sometimes, most the game just seems to be lagging. I was thinking it was a lag issue and something related to beta, but when I turned the option to "speed" instead "quality", zooom, np found. I am pretty upset... I think that besides my e7300 my machine could run this game well... I usually play almost all games at max config (dragon age for ex).

The weird part is that I have no problem at all while playing with the ship.

I will try update my drivers (so far I am using 195, will install 196), but any thoughs about this matter? Perhaps the performance could be improved after beta with some fix. I dont even know if the game is running in dx9 or 10.

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-22-2010, 05:11 PM
I use 196 and it made a difference.. You system seems fine, I assume the CPU is 2.0 or above? Double check the video settings? and/or fine tune them to get max performance etc..Seems like there is a thread runnin around that goes over all the options and what to set them to.. Lemme see if I can find it
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Go with the new drivers as I am sure they will make a difference,it seems some systems are having problems with what drivers even if they are using the same card make.

I am using the gtx275 card and never suffered from the stuttering some people are having,they switched back to the old 190 drivers and that helped but now the new 196 drivers are helping and ofc the later driver is the best,I am still using the 195 driver as the new driver is not supported by Rivatuner as of yet.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelissa View Post
I use 196 and it made a difference.. You system seems fine, I assume the CPU is 2.0 or above? Double check the video settings? and/or fine tune them to get max performance etc..Seems like there is a thread runnin around that goes over all the options and what to set them to.. Lemme see if I can find it
Please, that would be most helpful. Plus you update your drivers while playing the game so you notice that it gets improved?
Yeah, guess that's everything as you said here. I dont have any problem with any new game, named dragon age because it was the last one that I bought and its prettu recent. I run it at max.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-22-2010, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinhealer
Go with the new drivers as I am sure they will make a difference,it seems some systems are having problems with what drivers even if they are using the same card make.

I am using the gtx275 card and never suffered from the stuttering some people are having,they switched back to the old 190 drivers and that helped but now the new 196 drivers are helping and ofc the later driver is the best,I am still using the 195 driver as the new driver is not supported by Rivatuner as of yet.
Ok, I will try that anyway, it wont hurt. But aint funny that I play it smooth while using the ship and slower while moving/playing my toon? It seems to be something related to shadows and AA as I notice.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-24-2010, 03:08 AM
Just a little update for anyone having the same problem that I was. I updated the drivers and its fine now. "Ground part" is running as smooth as "ship part". I read somewhere that turning dynamic lighting also improve performance, I will check that juts in case as soon as the server comes up again, but so far its great.