Empire Veteran
Due to a recent glitch that took a while to patch up, that did not allow the Risa "Flying High" race course markers to properly appear, many players was out of luck for about two weeks worth of gameplay.

Meaning they could not complete the race courses for about 2 weeks, thus no pearls

I feel Cryptic should extend the Aug 2nd deadline for the Risian Corvette by two weeks to accommodate those unfortunate players that were denied 2 weeks worth of daily racing due to the glitch.

What say you all?

Link to "Flying High" Mission BUG <---- Click on link and then click on image to enlarge.

Last edited by stark2k; 07-19-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
07-19-2013, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stark2k View Post
Due to a recent glitch that took a while to patch up, that did not allow the Risa "Flying High" race course markers to properly appear, many players was out of luck for about two weeks worth of gameplay.

Meaning they could not complete the race courses for about 2 weeks, thus no pearls ...
Glitch? I've been playing 'Flying High' since the start of the event without any issues... So there doesn't appear to be a need to extend it.
Career Officer
# 3
07-19-2013, 08:36 AM
I'm not affected, I'm going to get my ship on Sunday on two chars. But I say yes, by all means. It wouldn't hurt anybody and if there was a bug it's the right thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
Glitch? I've been playing 'Flying High' since the start of the event without any issues... So there doesn't appear to be a need to extend it.
Not being affected =/= bug doesn't exist.

Patch Notes that claim that bug was fixed.

Quote:
Resolved an edge case that resulted in a very small number of players receiving a version of "Flying High" they could not complete.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.

Last edited by assimilatedktar; 07-19-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Career Officer
# 4
07-19-2013, 08:46 AM
I know there have been issues with people trying to get the mission while not starting it (like you would with any other daily) in order to play the mission twice in a row the next day instead. Doing so would make the courses not appear for the first of the two missions, forcing you to drop it. Not sure if working as intended or not but that's the only instance when I've seen or heard something about the courses not appearing.
Captain
# 5 Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!
07-19-2013, 08:50 AM
NO no reason to keep extending offers and rewards for all the cry babies. I got mine today. never had a glitch one .... its just not fare to the people who take the time to accomplish these sorts of things in the allotted time. the rewards are no longer special when that happens and make them worthless in my view.
Republic Veteran
# 6
07-19-2013, 08:50 AM
No they shouldn't
Rake Morgrave - Federation Human
Fade Akira - Federation Reman
Reza Malin - KDF Nausicaan
" Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first and the lessons after..."
Empire Veteran
# 7
07-19-2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
did you even click on my link?
Captain
# 8
07-19-2013, 08:51 AM
The Corvette is a free gift for wasting time on a new map. There's not even a challenge involved the game that gifts the items needed for the ship, unlike the winter event Breen cruiser.

Everyone should be gifted the ship regardless of their ability to complete the 'quest' needed for the award, it's the only way to be fair as some haven't been able to do the quest since the day the event launched.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Empire Veteran
# 9
07-19-2013, 08:54 AM
Resolved an edge case that resulted in a very small number of players receiving a version of "Flying High" they could not complete. - Patch Note

So the glitch did exist -> they call it an edge case

Those small number of players as the patch note state, should be given some kind of accommodation for it. As I stated at the beginning, it was up to two weeks that these small amounts of players were effected.

In the spirit of fair gameplay, Cryptic should extend the deadline by two weeks, afterall the vessel is free, its not like they are going to lose money or something.
Rihannsu
# 10
07-19-2013, 08:56 AM
Since there was a bug that prevented a number of people from completing the mission for longer than they could recover it, then yes Cryptic should at least extend the event. If there was some way to see which people had this problem, then the better way would be to credit those people with what they would have missed, but I don't think that's possible.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member