Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 995
# 11
07-19-2013, 09:57 AM
yes I clicked the link. and I could make a equally compelling pic to try and cry my way into more time to get a project done. stand next to the event chick take a sceen shot with the map open. then que up the mission take a screen shot.. then cut out the blank map and past it over the other to make it look like the mission is active but the map is bugged. pictures used to be worth a 1,000 words not anymore. pretty much worthless.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 81
# 12
07-19-2013, 09:57 AM
I had the same problem with one of my chars and had to drop the mission. Waited 1 day and could complete it again the next day.

If there really were some people who waited 2 weeks for cryptic to fix it and didn't take any actions to get it back to work themself then I would say: It's their problem not cryptics and the deadline shouldn't be extended.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 272
# 13
07-19-2013, 10:02 AM
Not sure if that's what you're talking about but the bug also occurred during my gameplay. There where no tracks showing up...

...all you had to do was turn off your floater and then turn it on back again.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,058
# 14
07-19-2013, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icsairguns View Post
NO no reason to keep extending offers and rewards for all the cry babies. I got mine today. never had a glitch one .... its just not fare to the people who take the time to accomplish these sorts of things in the allotted time. the rewards are no longer special when that happens and make them worthless in my view.
What part of FREE you don't understand? This is not an entitlement issue.

icsairguns -> "I did mine in the prescribed time, so those of you who had a glitch up to two weeks, well tough luck and stop being cry babies !"

Grow up will you. It's not like you were entitled to it from the beginning because you never glitched out. Count your blessing that you didn't.

I am pretty sure if you lucked out like those unfortunate few, you'll be the very first one posting in this thread about how they should extend it as a courtesy to the player base.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,058
# 15
07-19-2013, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by titus1608 View Post
If there really were some people who waited 2 weeks for cryptic to fix it and didn't take any actions to get it back to work themself then I would say: It's their problem not cryptics and the deadline shouldn't be extended.
How can they had fixed it if it was from Cryptic end, many players did numerous things to try to GLITCH OUT, but failed. So for some it was not possible to undo until a proper patch was in place. It was only when it was brought to the attention of the Devs via screenshots over at the BUG segment of the forums, when it was finally acknowledged and address.

This one was not undone by mere taking off your floater and slapping it back in place, or even changing instances.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 995
# 16
07-19-2013, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by titus1608 View Post
I had the same problem with one of my chars and had to drop the mission. Waited 1 day and could complete it again the next day.

If there really were some people who waited 2 weeks for cryptic to fix it and didn't take any actions to get it back to work themself then I would say: It's their problem not cryptics and the deadline shouldn't be extended.
no because the deadline is still far enough away they could make it if they hustled. it ends aug 2nd that's 14 days away. on top of week its already been fixed if they had been doing it they would and could still complete it. 24 hours in a day 20 hour cool down 5 min to complete so every 20.05 hours they can do it. for the 40 pearls 672 pearls and 528 pearls for the time that has past since it was fixed. puts them well over the mark for the free ship. if they ran the mission every 20 hours. now if they don't have the time or the will to do it im sorry. the 1st few years this game was running I was able to play but I wanted too. does that mean I should get all the stuff that is now gone?

there fault my fault don't matter we are all in the same boat on this . but to extend it is wrong.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 762
# 17
07-19-2013, 10:08 AM
You have another month. Even if you started today, you've got time to finish it. you can even skip a day or two if you feel like it, and still be done before patch on the 15.
Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
What's my position?
That people should know what they're screaming about!
(paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,058
# 18
07-19-2013, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjumetley View Post
...all you had to do was turn off your floater and then turn it on back again.
which did not work for those small amount of players, so it was stuck-ville for about two weeks.
Career Officer
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 157
# 19
07-19-2013, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icsairguns View Post
NO no reason to keep extending offers and rewards for all the cry babies. I got mine today. never had a glitch one .... its just not fare to the people who take the time to accomplish these sorts of things in the allotted time. the rewards are no longer special when that happens and make them worthless in my view.
Extending the deadline doesn't mean people will get a free ride. They still have to do the mission daily to acquire the 1,000 pearls, no discounts are requested. An extension would be a consideration to those affected by the mission bug. It shouldn't be a problem to extend the deadline until the same date the event ends, August 15.

Honestly, the fact that you're complaining over this request when (1) you already have yours and (2) no one will get it easier than you did even with an extension, just makes your complaint look like trolling.
Captain Selek - Vulcan (TAC Lvl 50) - U.S.S. Chimera (Fleet Heavy Escort Carrier NCC-92810) / Captain Krell - Liberated Borg Klingon (TAC Lvl 50) - I.K.S. Nogh'Sar (Fleet Qin Heavy Raptor) / Commander Kel'ara Teerel - Romulan (ENG Lvl 50) - R.R.W. Silverhawk (Fleet T'Varo Light Warbird Retrofit) / Fed Fleet: Section 31 / KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence / Romulan Fleet (Fed): Romulan Intelligence / STO Handle: @ed583
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,058
# 20
07-19-2013, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamenriderzero1 View Post
You have another month. Even if you started today, you've got time to finish it. you can even skip a day or two if you feel like it, and still be done before patch on the 15.
Thought the Deadline for the Risian Corvette offer was August 2nd and not the 15th? - according to the blog.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:03 PM.