Captain
# 31
07-21-2013, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by riyott View Post
JJ Trek is actually good. If Gene was still alive he would be proud of JJ for doing something with Star Trek which he couldn't have been able to do.
He'd be saying "Where's my cut..."
Starfleet Veteran
# 32
07-21-2013, 10:59 AM
MODs, please stop this thread.

Pllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeasssssssssssseeeee eeee.

Under flaming trolling

JUST PLEASE DO SOMETHING
Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
Lieutenant
# 33
07-21-2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
He'd be saying "Where's my cut..."
Shh, don't tell the whiny man-children basement nerds.
Republic Veteran
# 34
07-21-2013, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Shh, don't tell the whiny man-children basement nerds.
Yes, Star Trek is old enough to have Super Trek Nerds who are past Retirement Age and have 12 hours a day to hang online and play star Trek.

I'm 45 and Retired. How old are you?
Lieutenant
# 35
07-21-2013, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by revlot View Post
Yes, Star Trek is old enough to have Super Trek Nerds who are past Retirement Age and have 12 hours a day to hang online and play star Trek.

I'm 45 and Retired. How old are you?
You spend 12 hours a day playing this horrible game? I bet you actually spend money on this game too.
Captain
# 36
07-21-2013, 06:25 PM
So, riyott, I have the same question for you that I've had for people on the forums for some other games --

If you think this game is so "horrible", why are you here? Why waste your time discussing a game you don't like? I mean, you don't see me hanging around on the Neverwinter forums, or Star Bores the Old Ideas, or even World of Borecraft - why are you here?

And yes, those of us old enough to remember the original series back when it was in its first run know that Gene's major concern at this point would be where his checks were...
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Rihannsu
# 37
07-21-2013, 06:56 PM
I've said it before and I'll happily say it again, if a franchise doesn't move forwards it will die.

JJ Trek moved the series forwards ina big(and profitable) way. That means that Star Trek isn't dead.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 38
07-21-2013, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
Screw TOS, TNG is where it's at. For the Next Generation!
If it wasn't for TOS your TNG would have never came to be.
Republic Veteran
# 39
07-21-2013, 10:02 PM
Quote:
You spend 12 hours a day playing this horrible game? I bet you actually spend money on this game too.
Some days 6 hours...some days 12 hours...some days I go to the park with my dog. Yes I spend money on the game. I also own Trek clothing, dvd's, insignia, books, models, stuff. Everybody has some amount of money, I spend mine of stuff that I like, and that happens to be Trek. And?

I got a friend who is *SO* into Dr. Who that he even has the Who Pinball Machine. I don't even have a Trek Pinball machine. I'm not weird or anything.
Commander
# 40
07-21-2013, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by revlot View Post
Some days 6 hours...some days 12 hours...some days I go to the park with my dog. Yes I spend money on the game. I also own Trek clothing, dvd's, insignia, books, models, stuff. Everybody has some amount of money, I spend mine of stuff that I like, and that happens to be Trek. And?

I got a friend who is *SO* into Dr. Who that he even has the Who Pinball Machine. I don't even have a Trek Pinball machine. I'm not weird or anything.
Don't sweat the people who judge you. You go on rockin' the Trek. If you don't spend your time and money on the things you enjoy, what's the point of having time and money?