Career Officer
Hello,

Just wondering if someone has insight regarding the fleet elite weapons vs advanced ? Is the added cost worth it ?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
07-19-2013, 09:30 AM
Yes in a way, because the elite proc replaces one of the damage modifiers. BUT they are only available in phaser (for Fed) and disruptor (for KDF).

In all honesty though, purple regular weapons are better because they are available with more useful procs, such as Accuracy x3; since the damage modifier only adds a small amount of damage. (Which doesn't ironically help much compared with the other modifiers)
Lieutenant
# 3
07-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Fleet Advanced are generally the better Fleet weapons than Elite. This is because Advanced comes in greater variety (Plasma, Phaser, Disruptor, etc.) than Elite, which like Axe said, is just Phaser and Disruptor. Elites only have a unique rare proc, which is shield heal (Fed) or a massive shield resist debuff (Klink) to them, which I believe is more underwhelming than it sounds.

It's worth more if you get the Advanced weapons, as they are cheaper and easier to get than Elites, which aren't worth waiting and grinding for.
Captain
# 4
07-19-2013, 11:48 AM
For a cruiser or other ship dedicated to either tanking or team heals, the Elite weapons sound good on paper. I don't have access to those weapons yet, so I can't tell you whether they perform as intended or not,

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Captain
# 5
07-19-2013, 02:40 PM
Here's the summation of Elite Fleet Weapons:

Federation Elite Fleet Phasers... JOKE.

KDF Elite Fleet Disruptors... I'm sorry, did there used to be a target in your gunsights?

Sufficed to say, fed elite fleet weapons are not worth it at all. KDF elite fleet weapons are excellent.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 6
07-19-2013, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
They give a bonus to shield regeneration, do they not? Beneficial for science ships and cruisers.

Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Career Officer
# 7
07-19-2013, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Here's the summation of Elite Fleet Weapons:

KDF Elite Fleet Disruptors... I'm sorry, did there used to be a target in your gunsights?

Sufficed to say, fed elite fleet weapons are not worth it at all. KDF elite fleet weapons are excellent.
I keep hoping that Klingon Elite Weapons don't stack with Omega set, cause that would be just wrong. Even with the normal KHG set, its just mean.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Career Officer
# 8
07-19-2013, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
They give a bonus to shield regeneration, do they not? Beneficial for science ships and cruisers.
It can be quite beneficial to some builds for some purposes, though it can't be trusted to substitute for any shield-healing boff ability.
Captain
# 9
07-19-2013, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
It can be quite beneficial to some builds for some purposes, though it can't be trusted to substitute for any shield-healing boff ability.
Of course not, but for a team-heal cruiser whose purpose is not to do damage, something like this would be a helpful asset to a cruiser's shield healing.

Captain
# 10
07-20-2013, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
Low proc chance + puny heal = JOKE.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.