Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Career Officer
# 11
07-21-2013, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
I trying really hard to figure out the point that the OP is trying to make. If I happen to figure it out during my lifetime, I'll alert the news.

I also fail to see the connection between the OP's post and the Prime Directive.
OP proabably believes it's the "United Federation of America"...because analogy and slightly renamed clone are the same thing right?
Rihannsu
# 12
07-21-2013, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlnyghthawk View Post
On a semi-related note, there's also the time when you have to put aside "preserving the peace", and destroy the enemy as quickly & efficiently as possible, ironically, enabling a "peace", by proving that you are willing to stand, fight, and if need be, die, for what you believe in, and making it too expensive for someone or a group to try and destroy or take take you over.
As Teddy Roosevelt said, "speak softly and carry a big stick."

The point here is that actions without deeds are hollow and empty. If people know that you can back up your words with action then, they're far more likely to listen to what you say.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 13
07-22-2013, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
As Teddy Roosevelt said, "speak softly and carry a big stick."

The point here is that actions without deeds are hollow and empty. If people know that you can back up your words with action then, they're far more likely to listen to what you say.
Actions without deeds...that one helluva magic trick.
Rihannsu
# 14
07-22-2013, 03:36 PM
I meant words without deeds. >_<'
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.