Captain
http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/w...1374263546.jpg
From the State of the Game:
Quote:
Much like Season 7, this next season will be focused on new end-game missions
for all factions. It will introduce our first Space Adventure Zone
So looking at the concept art with the starship flying among the huge structures, and the mention of a Space Adventure Zone, is anyone else getting a bit of a Dyson Sphere vibe or is it just me?

What do you guys think the SAZ will be?
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
07-20-2013, 11:18 AM
Defera ground eske game play ...

IN SPPPPPPAAACCCEEEEE!

Proof that we ALL being MINDCONTROLLED!!! (Possibly 1984 style) Click here to find out more!
Captain
# 3
07-20-2013, 02:47 PM
Maybe it will be something akin to Ker'rat, but much larger and with way more things to do.
Captain
# 4
07-20-2013, 04:09 PM
I've been to nimbus, but I'm not sure what makes it an adventure zone, what are the attributes/qualities ofcadbentures zones? And please don't say adventures, ha.
Captain
# 5
07-20-2013, 04:10 PM
A Space adventure zone would be cool. Have a neutral space station in the zone that randomly gets attacked and people can try to save it. Could also have some transports that go to a planet and get attacked and need defending. Stuff like that with accolades attached to them would be cool.
Career Officer
# 6
07-20-2013, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaphallic View Post
I've been to nimbus, but I'm not sure what makes it an adventure zone, what are the attributes/qualities ofcadbentures zones? And please don't say adventures, ha.
I guess it's a persistent zone (not a single episode instance that is opened for a group) where you can do missions. So Defera, New Romulus and Nimbus would be examples.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Captain
# 7
07-20-2013, 04:34 PM
"Nimbus III is a level 21 to 25 Adventure Zone that players of all factions can access at any time after level 19."

Source
Captain
# 8
07-20-2013, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
I guess it's a persistent zone (not a single episode instance that is opened for a group) where you can do missions. So Defera, New Romulus and Nimbus would be examples.
This. That's why I figured it could be similar to Ker'rat, as Ker'rat is a persistent PvPvE zone with a basic underlying mission, and several other missions that are potentially applicable (PvP missions and PvE missions).

Having a subsection in this new adventure zone for PvPvE (a second 'Ker'rat) would be great. . .and if it's better than Ker'rat, we could just do away with Ker'rat because it's a glitchy, buggy mess.
Captain
# 9
07-20-2013, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaphallic View Post
It's a self-contained zone where all of your game play takes place. There is the usuial set of conveniences (Mail, Exchange, Bankd, etc) and possibly some that are unique for the zone. There are a variety of things to do in the gone. You can solo or team up to the game content. There may be instances spread the zone content. So face New Romulus outdoors, Nimbus, Nukara, Defera Invasion and Tau Dera (for the Romulan Rep) are adventure zones. A Space Adventure zone that's different from Tau Dewa should be interesting to see. I'm curious to see that they have planned.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
07-20-2013, 05:19 PM
I remember enjoying new romulas quite a bit when it was new. I can see a space adventure zone being better mostly because the space aspects are the best part of the game, and where most players focus their characters, boffs and space wealth.