Cryptic Studios Team
# 21
07-22-2013, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaphallic View Post
I've been to nimbus, but I'm not sure what makes it an adventure zone, what are the attributes/qualities ofcadbentures zones? And please don't say adventures, ha.
Adventure Zones are persistent maps that are open to many people at once, teamed or not, usually with multiple different missions/chains throughout the map.

Compared to a normal mission map which you will be on for only a single, specific mission, and will be only you and your team.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Captain
# 22
07-22-2013, 09:34 AM
So how about it, Taco; can we look forward to a Dyson Sphere?
Captain
# 23
07-22-2013, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Adventure Zones are persistent maps that are open to many people at once, teamed or not, usually with multiple different missions/chains throughout the map.

Compared to a normal mission map which you will be on for only a single, specific mission, and will be only you and your team.
Ah thank you.
Captain
# 24
07-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
So how about it, Taco; can we look forward to a Dyson Sphere?
Hasn't this topic been beaten to death already?

If they can't make entire star systems using the STO engine, then they can by no means make a Dyson Sphere.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Captain
# 25
07-22-2013, 04:48 PM
They might be able to make a Dyson Sphere around a neutron star, but that seems dangerous place compared to say our type of sun or a dwarf or something.
Commander
# 26
07-22-2013, 11:39 PM
I am going to bet the adventure zone is going to be the space along the subspace corridors from Dragon's Teeth, with the storyline being the Vaadwaur being back in a big way and the players being tasked with both pushing them back and figuring out how they went from around 40 outdated ships to a formidable fighting force in such a short time.
Career Officer
# 27
07-22-2013, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
Hasn't this topic been beaten to death already?

If they can't make entire star systems using the STO engine, then they can by no means make a Dyson Sphere.
agreed ppl jumping the gun again....
swimwear off risa not fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
07-22-2013, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronh42 View Post
I am going to bet the adventure zone is going to be the space along the subspace corridors from Dragon's Teeth, with the storyline being the Vaadwaur being back in a big way and the players being tasked with both pushing them back and figuring out how they went from around 40 outdated ships to a formidable fighting force in such a short time.
Or the Vaadwaur are still basically extinct and the storyline is defending their last holdout against the people who took over Underspace (want to say Turei?). Negates having to write in a power up in for the Vaadwaur, and also sidesteps the fact that Vaadwaur history mirrors the Iconians so closely.
Lieutenant
# 29
07-23-2013, 01:28 AM
Why go full Dyson?

Why not a Ring World?
Captain
# 30
07-23-2013, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbycabby View Post
Why go full Dyson?

Why not a Ring World?
Again, too big for the engine to handle.

Now, a piece of a Dyson sphere or a ringworld... that wouldn't be impossible, as evidenced by the fact that pieces of star systems (such as Earth) are quite manageable for the STO engine.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.