Lieutenant
# 21
07-20-2013, 02:22 PM
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...count=1http://

I have posted a few similar idea on the subject. Well permanent Death does not seem to belong to this game. Anyway you don't really own your ship, if your ship exploded and you survive, Starfleet will issue you another one, as will the other fleet (though the KF can execute you for incompetence).

But we need to have ship being destroyed matter, or group wipe matter on ground. I like the idea that a disable ship will stay on the map to be saved or destroyed (will need another attack to actually destroy the ship or a critical) and why not have boarding action (real, with your character and Boff). Destroyed ship should spawn back at the nearest starbase or opt to not respawn to beam with the other to the ground in pve.

In pvp, I'd like the no respawn, but that might make for really short match. The present system allow for some slugging out even if you are not good that is not bad either. Unless they modifiy the pvp format I don't think no -respawn death belong to it.
Commander
# 22
07-20-2013, 02:24 PM
As stated above, this isn't eve online. there are some great ideas to take from eve, the dp isn't one of them. I'm for a more realistic dp, but more like: you get ported to the nearest shipyard for drydock repair. All ships would need rebalance for that even. Loss of a c store ship? Lol no.
VA Makbure
The 47th Defense Division Special Ops
Rihannsu
# 23
07-20-2013, 02:31 PM
/bind H logout

Sure, introduce this feature, I'll break everybody else's ships.
Say the word, it saves the world.
CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
Captain
# 24
07-20-2013, 02:39 PM
Not going to happen in STO.

If you want to push for something that actually makes sense get to work on 3D space, pilot from your bridge or an alert system or w/e.

Perma-death for c-store ships.. riiight terrific idea
Survivor of Romulus
# 25
07-20-2013, 02:39 PM
How about not permadeath, but some missions or events or PvP maps forcing you out and into sector space once you are defeated?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-20-2013, 02:49 PM
My simple solution to most discussions of this ilk: if you want realism, don't play games.
I was someone else here til the forum/account transition lied
and told me that my original name was taken.
Empire Veteran
# 27
07-20-2013, 04:07 PM
Absolutely not.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
07-20-2013, 04:16 PM
I relent.

Make it an OPTIONAL feature so that even those who are championing it can turn it off when they've finally lost enough.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Captain
# 29
07-20-2013, 04:26 PM
Losing stuff for dying no way not when things cost money or a lot of time to get. Maybe losing small amounts of EC but nothing beyond that.
Survivor of Romulus
# 30
07-20-2013, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedeadheaded View Post
99% of the players would instantly quit, and of those, 99% would go straight into therapy. The rest would slit their wrists. It's a carebear game.

Seriously, go play EVE, it's many levels of magnitude above this simplistic game, but beware, it will devour your life. Then when the burn-out hits, come back to no risk STO. And weep.
Yahtzee said everything there is to say about EVE.

This is STO, it's supposed to be fun.