Captain
I am approaching level 50 on my romulan toon and the whole point of making him was to play the scimitar

What I'm trying to work out is -

Is it worth using the 2 consoles for the rapid manoeuvring thrusters or is one RCS better?

I was going to buy the 3 set but then I've read through all the posts and the thalaron pulse just looks like a very situational and "look at me blow me up" type weapon

Plus I'm not one for chucking loads of UNI consoles on a ship as I'm old school an use armor :/
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Rihannsu
# 2
07-20-2013, 02:28 PM
2 set bonus is totally worth it, combine it with reman boff for superior infiltrator and decloak every 15s and you will keep +12 turn rate bonus which is more than any rcs console
Say the word, it saves the world.
CUUCUUMBEER! "-With slight partigen with it."
Proud member or DPS-800 "-We kill dem mines with our scitter turrets."
Captain
# 3
07-20-2013, 03:01 PM
Ah ok thanks how would I obtain a reman is it mission reward or something

Thanks for the speedy reply much appreciated
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
07-20-2013, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
Ah ok thanks how would I obtain a reman is it mission reward or something

Thanks for the speedy reply much appreciated
Good luck, since you can only get them through Doff missions (which are very rare) I've not had a single one . You can get them on the exchange, BUT with that specific trait they cost a LOT
Rihannsu
# 5
07-20-2013, 05:16 PM
I use the two console set, two RCS consoles, and the tachyokenetic console which added up gives me an 18.5 degree turn rate.. It doesnt change the inertia, but it does allow you to spin about to your next opponent quickly..

We Will Be Free!
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-20-2013, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
I am approaching level 50 on my romulan toon and the whole point of making him was to play the scimitar

What I'm trying to work out is -

Is it worth using the 2 consoles for the rapid manoeuvring thrusters or is one RCS better?

I was going to buy the 3 set but then I've read through all the posts and the thalaron pulse just looks like a very situational and "look at me blow me up" type weapon

Plus I'm not one for chucking loads of UNI consoles on a ship as I'm old school an use armor :/
I was wondering the same thing and tested out the idea of scrapping the set piece bonuses and flying like a KDF battlecruiser. Torkaht with zero RCS turns better 2 RCS on scimitar and its not even close. So yeah scrap that idea. Better fly her as intended .Learn to abuse that cloak like a red headed step child and get 1 reman boff with infil. It makes a huge difference with turning around Also, I hope you dont mind flying a small planet with wings, your going to bump and slide into everything. It is a fun ship I just wish it was a little smaller on my screen since I use 800x600 it takes 1/3 of my view screen
Republic Veteran
# 7
07-20-2013, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alopen View Post

It is a fun ship I just wish it was a little smaller on my screen since I use 800x600 it takes 1/3 of my view screen
why 800x600? i pity you.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Career Officer
# 8
07-20-2013, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by axellightning View Post
Good luck, since you can only get them through Doff missions (which are very rare) I've not had a single one . You can get them on the exchange, BUT with that specific trait they cost a LOT
You can get them as a level up reward at levels 25, 35 and 45 if you are lucky. Got two on my last alt, sold the purple for 30 million EC.
Also the superior infiltrator trait stacks with the infiltrator trait from the reman race captain for a total of 23 seconds.
Join Unrepentant!

Survivor of Romulus
# 9
07-21-2013, 12:00 AM
I still run mine with the full set, the thaleron weapon comes in handy every so often, as for manouverability, I find the turn rate isnt too bad and the innertia, once u get the hang of it can let you pull off some nice tricks such as drifting round a target with your prow constantly facing it, its hard to master and I still dont get it right all the time, but me and a fleet freind did some testing and if u get it right u can run cloaked barrage around your target then de cloak and alpha strike it up the rear.
Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
I.R.W. Valdore gives 0 (132283) Radiation Damage to Tal'is with Thalaron Pulse. ==> Tal'is deals 132283 Special Damage to Tal'is with Immunity Matrix

Lt. Commander
# 10
07-21-2013, 05:21 AM
RCS accelerators can only go in engineering console slots. Things like the ship-set that enhances turn rate or the Tachykinetic convertor can sit in non-engineering slots, and then you can add in the RCS too. Yes you're more fragile, but you've also got battle cloak.