Survivor of Romulus
# 11
07-21-2013, 06:15 AM
I find RCS modules are more suited to make nippy ships better, such as the Adapted Destroyer, or making a realy sluggish ship more useable such as a d'deridex bus in a bath warbird, the scimitar has just enough turn rate and nibleness not to realy need RCS consoles in my opinion, I know fleet members that have run scimitars with RCS and the difference hasnt been that noticable I am told.
Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
I.R.W. Valdore gives 0 (132283) Radiation Damage to Tal'is with Thalaron Pulse. ==> Tal'is deals 132283 Special Damage to Tal'is with Immunity Matrix

Commander
# 12
07-21-2013, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkari View Post
why 800x600? i pity you.
Laptop. My desktop is like 6-7 years old now. Probably won't upgrade it till this Fall. I'm hoping for awhole new gaming experience whenever that eventually happens.

On a side, note I may have to consider infil + sup infil, that might actually be worth and then ditch RCS consoles altogether. hmmm decisions, decisions
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
07-21-2013, 07:47 AM
I prefer stealth over speed for my scimi, I have a fleet stealth console, if they cant find you then you dont need speed.
Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
I.R.W. Valdore gives 0 (132283) Radiation Damage to Tal'is with Thalaron Pulse. ==> Tal'is deals 132283 Special Damage to Tal'is with Immunity Matrix

Career Officer
# 14
07-21-2013, 10:17 PM
I've actually found that the bonus isn't really worth it at all. Slot 2 fleet armor consoles instead. Even at Tier 1 Dilithium mines they give 18.2% turn rate and 18.2 resist all each. The only console that's kinda worth it is the singularity distribution thing for shields while cloaked. If you can pick up the Helmsman trait, that's more than enough turn rate.
Career Officer
# 15
07-22-2013, 03:23 PM
The thalaron pulse weapon only makes you a target in PvP. In PvE standard threat mechanics apply - and it can be really useful against some of the bigger spawns in STFs - softening the spawns when you're defending the Kang or dealing with a swarm of probes.

It's far from being a win-button - but it is cool and does wreak destruction. It can be really effective and really kinda adds to the flavour of the ship. It is the big scimitar thing.