Republic Veteran
Hello Captains and welcome to Priority One's 136th episode, recorded on Thursday, July 18th, 2013 and published on Monday, July 22nd, 2013 at PriorityOnePodcast.com!!!

This week we have a fearsome foursome as we're joined by the one and only Adrianne Grady joining James, Elijah and Tony as they bring you all the latest from Cryptic Studios, literally! In Trek It Out, we look at how the classic Star Trek Control panel can become a Do-It-Yourself project. In STO News we bring you our highlights of the Cryptic tour plus some brief discussions of the latest news hitting Star Trek Online, including an STO Podcast blog by our good friend MidniteShadow7, part 2 of TeriLynn's Captain's Log article and Legacy of Romulus Dev Blog #32 (the improvements to the Carrier Command Interface). Next we put thrusters to full as we interview Star Trek Online's Executive Producer Daniel Stahl! As always, we?ll close the show by opening hailing frequencies and reviewing your incoming messages!

This week's Community Questions:
  • When did you start listening to Priority One? What made you decide to become a regular listener, or are you here for your first time? Let us know
  • Have you any amazing Star Trek DIY projects on the go? Have you been involved in anything that brings a part of the show to fruition? Let us know in the comments section!

Mark "H2ORat" Valentine's donation page:*http://www.gofundme.com/valentine

Topics Discussed:
Quote:
We are Live on TrekRadio.net every Thursday at 5:30pm Pacific Time! If you?d like to join us live, during the show, Trek Radio has a built in IRC Chat client. Just click on the Community menu tab and select IRC Chat - input your desired screen name and enter!

The Priority One Network is always looking for new team members that have a passion for Star Trek. incoming@priorityonepodcast.com Please know that all of our positions are volunteer, but we do offer a well known outlet for your work. If you have a particular skill that you believe could enhance our content, then send your contact information and experience along with a few writing samples to incoming@priorityonepodcast.com

Did you miss any of our great Blogs last week? Stop by this link and see for yourself! How about our latest Video Release? You can also follow us on the social media sites! We're on Facebook! Head over to www.facebook.com/PriorityOnePodcast and say hi! Or, Check us out on Twitter via @stopriorityone for show times and other cool stuff.

Liked this episode? Totally hated it? Leave a comment below, Contact Us using our handy web form or leave your comments on the episode's page at Priority One Podcast.com

Enjoy the show!
STREAM WHILE YOU PLAY & DOWNLOAD FOR LATER (iTUNES AND MP3):
Web: http://priorityonepodcast.com

SUBSCRIBE:
FEEDBURNER

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER:
STOPriorityONE

CATCH US LIVE ON TREKRADIO, Thursdays 5:30 PM PT/8:30 PM ET:
www.trekradio.net
Captain
# 2
07-22-2013, 07:18 AM
They mentioned a enemy possibly from voyager. The one that pops in my mind is the Vaadwaur because if i recall right they were a power once and they had these massive tunnels in space that stretched quite a ways towards the alpha quadrant so they "possibly" could get near fed space i think to be a voyager enemy in the right area.

Im not sure however how much of a threat they could be tho as there so few remaining and their tech is ancient unless they "acquired" more adv tech somehow?

Anyhow theres one possible guess.

Any other ideas?
Captain
# 3
07-22-2013, 08:16 AM
I found the reputation portion amusing. All that needed to be done with original Omega rep and STFs would have been allowing the purchase of the MK12 gear for EDCs combined with accolades unlocking the specific traits we now gain.
STO has a diverse group of players with a wide range of expectations and playstyles. To that end the STO team should endeavor to create a variety of content with a diverse set of difficulty levels and challenges. Cake for everyone!
Rihannsu
# 4
07-22-2013, 08:36 AM
I am thinking the voth as the next enemy.

they mentioned wanting to do a voth FE series a while ago, so i think they have been in their plans for some time.

they wanted to do space adventure zones that are a little different. a voth city ship interior could fit that.

the voth are ancient and were around with the iconians, so if they are trying to connect them in some way to the iconians then its much easier than with one of the younger races.

that concept art in state of the game looks a little reptilian to me.

They have transwarp so the distance problem is not really an issue.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 5
07-22-2013, 08:36 AM
Duno why they just dont do account based rep systems i.e doesnt matter what toon ur on its usable on all toons and all toons can contribute to them instead of the one. Same with lobi do it acc bound and not tied it to any specific toon. I.e you open a lockbox you claim ur lobi it goes to a acc bound area like zen is.
Captain
# 6
07-22-2013, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptskeeteruk View Post
Duno why they just dont do account based rep systems i.e doesnt matter what toon ur on its usable on all toons and all toons can contribute to them instead of the one. Same with lobi do it acc bound and not tied it to any specific toon. I.e you open a lockbox you claim ur lobi it goes to a acc bound area like zen is.
Because Cryptic is fundamentally incapable of reducing a grind, or doing anything that might force them to charge less money for something.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
07-22-2013, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Agreed, but Cryptic /PWE want you to do it on each and every character you make, because it is in their belief, it will make us spend more.

It doesn't though, it just annoys everyone and makes alts a no go

The only way they would ever do account reputation, is if they hike up the requirements for it, which takes us to square one.

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) - I only play one char now, such is the state of the game..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
07-22-2013, 12:34 PM
Quote:
They mentioned a enemy possibly from voyager. The one that pops in my mind is the Vaadwaur because if i recall right they were a power once and they had these massive tunnels in space that stretched quite a ways towards the alpha quadrant so they "possibly" could get near fed space i think to be a voyager enemy in the right area.

Im not sure however how much of a threat they could be tho as there so few remaining and their tech is ancient unless they "acquired" more adv tech somehow?

Anyhow theres one possible guess.

Any other ideas?
I'm going with the Hirogen. They're already in game and we know that Sela gave them permission to hunt in Romulan space but now that she is missing that leaves the status of the Hirogen uncertain. Will they remain in Romulan space during the Civil War or will they move on? If they move on will they head into Federation or Klingon space?

It was my understanding that Cryptic is holding back Delta Quadrant content until they release the entire quadrant for game play, so I don't see them releasing any other Delta races (excluding the Borg and Hirogen).
"Live Long and Prosper but always carry a fully charged phaser, just in case!". Arrr'ow

Co-Leader of Serenity's Grasp
Empire Veteran
# 9
07-22-2013, 12:54 PM
I agree with the Voth being the new critters.

They would fit in well with teh current storyline established by the Dewa and Elachi, who were both old races that were/are slaves of the Iconians.

Having the story expand to include the Voths would not be hard. The Iconian revolt/war would have been a great motivator to leave the alpha/beat quadrants for the Delta quadrant. The Voths "doctrine" would stand as a defense to try and prevent future generations from returning to the area where the Iconians were once based.

While we never really saw their heavy weaponry, the Voth had tech that was easily on par with what we have seen of the Iconian relics, able to transport whole ships, the ability to dampen and control all of the ships systems. And they had interphaseing tech that makes cloaking devices look silly, and transwarp tech that rivals the borg.

If a subset of the Voth broke doctrine and accepted the Distant Origin Theory, they may well return to earth, either to escape the wrath of their own people, or to learn the truth of their history, and the STO writers could easily add them as a race that was either enslaved by or fought against the Iconions as part of that history.
Republic Veteran
# 10
07-22-2013, 01:03 PM
I honestly think it will be the Voth, didn't Dan say he'd like to have them?