Rihannsu
# 161
08-02-2013, 08:57 AM
So, my reveiws.

@mattias078: More dolphins and more story.

@sharpie65: Doesn't sound finished, didn't this have more?

@grylak: Short, cute and sweet. I wonder if she shipped the extras off to that tribble reservation from that misssion.

@masopw: Interesting continuing story. Thought the thought of a vulcan talking like that kinda breaks my mind.

@patrickngo: That vulcan has a sick sick mind. Love the story.

@marcusdkane: Very good action sequence, but maybe needs a bit more story. Not sure.

@knightraider6: Wait a minute, this is the IKS Fluttershy again, isn't it. And Mcfly'd? Nice story, I loved it. Honestly I think that Cryptic should hire a few of your guys, you've got a better reason for the current state of the galaxy than they do it seems.

@rextorvan36: Not bad. It still have a bit of a this stuff happened feel, which might not be bad, but you also left some stuff hanging, like what the message was, and what was going on with Veril. But not bad.

@shevet: Yet again, very nice, love the interogation scene. The way you had Kluthli acting reminded me of Sylvie from Bubblegum Crisis so now she is stuck looking like that in my head, but with green skin. Not a bad thing though. And I love your descriptions.

@aten66: Funny one. I'll echo the Skippy comments.

@wraithshadow13: Ah Q. Never gets old. Nice story, good blend of action and dialogue, very classic TNG feel.

@superhombre777: Funny and sad, in equal part. a good mix for this story I think.

@danqueller: Very Romulan and a very good story. I hope they make it somehow.

@azniadeet: Good story, Trek feel, but maybe a bit too much of the galactic reset button with the new species. Or that could be me.

@jonsills: Hey Grunt didn't lose a ship. And very disturbing images, really made the Elachi a threat. Nice story.

@cmdrscarlet: I think this version ran a bit better than that last. Also, you ever watch space battleship Yamato or Argo in the US? Just curious because of your asteroid defence.

@patchouli19: Interesting continuation. And a nice pause before the storm piece.

@gulberat: Insightful piece, and well written. A bit slower than what I like to read, but very good.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Captain
# 162
08-02-2013, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
Some people really seem to have a gift when it comes to putting others at ease around them. Berat is definitely one of those people. I also think that Berat has a record that speaks for itself, when it comes to how he treats those who are unlike him. Having a chief engineer who looks like a full Borg drone but with fully human emotions and the attendant social anxiety problems that come with that shows his tolerance and ability to look past appearances.

So I think that Alyosha suspects that if Berat did find out, or does already know, that this is someone who will not hold it against him.
It was definitely a welcome change to see than Alyosha's continual defensiveness, I hope we will see more of Berat in the future

Quote:
A conflicted mess of emotions, for sure.

On one hand, he would feel sad for her; I'm not sure he believes in "international adoption." He doesn't want Cardassia to be somewhere so terrible that people take children away as some sort of mercy.

Yet he would also feel ashamed. He's very aware of Cardassian sins, and may feel like perhaps she did this because the sin of his people was too great for her to bear.

His feelings towards Cardassia are incredibly complex. He loves his people--Cardassian individuals, certain cultural items, but due to past events...I'm actually not sure he trusts Cardassia to full self-rule. His trust in Cardassia's ability to govern itself and wield power without abuse has been burned.
I wouldn't say that she feels the sins of the Cardassian people in the way Alyosha does with the Devidians, but was simply raised entirely surrounded by Human culture, and treated no differently than a Human child, so she had always experienced a body dysmorphia/disconnection between her Cardassian appearance, but Human outlook, hence why she elected to retain the Human appearance following her trip to the sixties

Quote:
He probably doesn't admit this to most people, though his actions in working so closely with the Federation are probably enough that the True Way can guess, and has targeted him. He is indeed their antithesis, and everything they would despise. Whether that's a good thing in him or a flaw, that his feelings are so strong in the matter that he questions his people's ability to handle sovereignty...that's for you to judge, but that's how he is.

I wonder how Marcus would've felt about that, if he'd found out Admiral Berat's inner feelings on the subject, considering how he despises Cardassia(ns?).
That's true, he definitely had a jaded view of Cardassians because of what he witnessed during the occupation, but, the mission which wound him and Siri in the Cardassian gulag was essentially a mercy mission, to investigate and prevent (what he was told was) a resurrection of the Obsidian Order, so he was clearly still able to extend them assistance and trust if the situation called for it. I wouldn't go so far as to say that he hated them as a species, as he was no speciesist, but he did hate what he witnessed, and what they were capable of, so I can only say that he was cautious about them.
Captain
# 163
08-02-2013, 10:38 AM
@Cdrscarlett: Much better in the rewrite.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Captain
# 164
08-02-2013, 11:54 AM
Alright, I just got my foot in the door after suffering an ungodly amount of delays. There's more to come, so I will alert people when the whole post is finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi6 View Post
Let's see... favorite characters...

sander233: Frank Grimes, General Ssharki, and I'm also thinking Jesu and H'mL'n.

gulberat: Strannik hands down, but I would also like to see more of Admiral Berat.

marcusdkane: Amanda Palmer and Claire, though S'rR's is pretty interesting, too. But yeah, I'm definitely intrigued by Claire--part of me even wants to put an AI in at least one of my ships.

jonsills: Grunt, hands down. I just love hearing about his misadventures, though I look forward to the day when he finally gets a properly functioning ship, not a bucket of bolts held together with spit and baling wire.

patrickngo: Eighty-Six, once again because of the AI angle. Also Liz Tran, and I hope that the romance between her and Jesu continues after Road to Ruin is over. Though I am also liking some of the characters in his latest story, The Chase, namely D'Daku and Mary Moriarty, and that one Starfleet Ensign--she had guts leaving the ship like she did and jumping onto an enemy ship.

ambassadormolari: My favorite character among yours is probably Ta'nara, and I'm hopeful she and Veleen will get to interact sometime, be it in-game, here in an LC, or in another story.

No clue on any of the others--mainly focused on my favorite writers for these LCs.

EDIT: Actually, after reading the revised entry from cmdrscarlet, I'd say my favorite character from her would definitely be Katherine Beringer. And a great entry, scarlet!!
Thank you! Perhaps an LC collab is in order at some point...
Starfleet Veteran
# 165
08-02-2013, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassadormolari View Post
Thank you! Perhaps an LC collab is in order at some point...
Indeed.

As for this LC, I'm not really coming up with any interesting ideas. Might have to see what LC 48 Offers. I do have a couple of ideas for older LCs, though--just have to get some specifics figured out and get them typed up.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Captain
# 166
08-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkarris View Post
Very good action sequence, but maybe needs a bit more story. Not sure.
Thanks, but yes, I know what you mean
Captain
# 167
08-02-2013, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassadormolari View Post
Alright, I just got my foot in the door after suffering an ungodly amount of delays. There's more to come, so I will alert people when the whole post is finished.
Fantastic beginning, I'm really looking forward to seeing how things pan out
Career Officer
# 168
08-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Now that I've finished Part IX of The Road I can get back to reading what everyone else has been up to.

@cmdrscarlet - neat trick there. I like Karl.

@patchouli19 - delicious. I really enjoyed Captain Scott's interaction with his crew and Admiral Devok, and especially his realization of the challenge waiting for him. More please?

@gulberat - thank you for that fascinating introduction to Gul Berat! I especially enjoyed his description of life on Mol'Rihan...

@malkaris - very nice epilogue to "Temporal Ambassador" - and a wonderfully unique take on temporal warfare. I enjoyed that very much.

@ambassadormolari - wow. You managed to make the words "there are forty-seven" all spooky and mysterious. I'm very much looking forward to seeing how this goes...

By tomorrow I should have my own contribution for this LC ready to post...

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics

Last edited by sander233; 08-02-2013 at 10:38 PM. Reason: reviews
Starfleet Veteran
# 169
08-03-2013, 03:49 PM
Just finished a new entry for LC 40, this time going to LC #7 for my material.

It introduces another of my Alts, an Academy Field Instructor who always teaches fourth-year cadets, and always does so onboard her ship as it goes about its regular duties.

Please take a look, and tell me what you think.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Career Officer
# 170
08-03-2013, 08:58 PM
My submission for this LC is a tie-in to The Road; basically it's the butcher's bill for the USS Tiburon.

If you haven't already read The Road to Ruin it would be a good idea to at least skim it up through the last chapter to see what's going on in my world before reading this LC entry.

Anyway, please enjoy: Where all Roads Meet

Report prepared by LCdr. Dr. Maria Espinoza (Adriana Barraza)
Amended by Franklin Drake (Casper Van Dien)
Amendment witnessed by Rudyard.

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics