Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Captain
Lets just say a Peaceful alien race came by and studied life of Earth, and seen what we were all about. Then they when and terraformed both Venus and Mars to be Earth like places. Even went so far to reseed the planets with new life that lives in the sea, land and air. Food wouldn't be an issue and the planets would be an edon type place.

In turn they would make cities that look much like what you see here, but it would be all green tech to power them. They would leave green tech type transports too, and give a new energy source to power bigger machines. One that's very safe to use, and will not pollute the planets.

So.................

Now they come to Earth, and all all forms of communications, they tell the world:

" We have come in peace to your planet, and have renewed our sister worlds. We will take any Humans who wishes to start a new life of these worlds, but no current Earth Governments will be allowed to go to these planets. If you choose to move to these new homes, you will be the new owners of that planet, and you can never return to Earth. We will allow you to communicate with loved ones on Earth, and you will be replace items that you will leave behind to help you conform faster. Note, you can take what you will from Earth, but all Earth electronic devices MUST stay behind. "

They provide a way for you to contact them, and they break communications with the world. Oh and the tech they give you is mainly 200 year ahead of anything we have here. And they make it known they want you to doing more with space exploring.

Would you take that deal? Would you leave this planet to live on the new Venus and Mars?
Career Officer
# 2
07-24-2013, 07:09 AM
Them is some creepy aliens doing all that. I'd pass. Sounds like a prelude to slave labor. "Come to this perfect world! Just leave all your weapons and forms of communication behind. Come. Read our book, 'To Serve Man'..."

Plus I'd want some dome housing or something. Who'd want a bunch of boxy straight edges like here? Bluch.
I miss my _.

Last edited by hortwort; 07-24-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Captain
# 3
07-24-2013, 07:53 AM
Two years ago I would have said yes. Now I have a son and will suffer any injustice as long as I can see him.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol - Endless Excelsior - Veritatum Liquido Cernene

Solaris build
Empire Veteran
# 4
07-24-2013, 08:35 AM
Pass. the problems with Earth is not the planet, it is the people on it. At least here I have constitutional rights and not some unknown alien overlord.

Heir to the high pony of holier than thou, Guardian of the Sacred Mallet of Thwarting, and giver of Baptismal raspberries since 02/02/2010
Captain
# 5
07-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Ok lets make it a little more clear:

would you go if............

1. You can bring your family alone too.

2. You can still talk with people you left behind, who are not family.

3. You will get equal to what you left behind in housing, cars and equipment.

4. You can go back to visit Earth, but you have to return to your new home. restrictions lifted, but to the outcry of the people.

The Aliens are only here to help move the human race along faster, after years of studing them, and seeing how things are now. so.......

1. They are only hear to help move people to their new homes.

2. They setup everything that a human needs to live and survive.

3. They only leave behind teachers, to help get everyone up to speed wth the new tech given them. things that can be easy to copy or improve on, once you learn how it works.

4. The day to day government control, will be left to the people who move to the planet.

5. These alien are not here to eat you or control you.

The whole point is, after you see what the aliens are about, would you move? They know you want to take parts of Earth with you, and things you like and love. Heck and no one said you can't take your family with. Friends are another story, you have to talk them into coming too. lol Your food, water and housing needs will be a non-issue, and the power needed for your place doesn't cost you a penny. Why you can't bring your computers and phones? simple. Your computers will be out dated vs the ones you will get as replacements, and your phone service will not work on the new planets. Plus you will get replacements from them anyway, ones that can interface with the Earth tech from Venus or Mars. Remember I did say the Alien are setting up the two worlds with tech that is 200 years ahead of Earth.

The Aliens will leave once they have moved everyone that wants to learn, and the teachers they leave behind has gotten the majority of the people up to speed on the new tech.

No they will not give Venus or Mars military grade weapons, they tell the people if they want it, they have to make it on their own. But they have left protection to stop any attacks that might come from Earth.

Do you guys feel better about moving now, as long as you know the aliens don't mean you ill will? lol
Captain
# 6
07-24-2013, 11:14 AM
If there has been preperations made that no new police state/dictatorship/other dystopian current or futuristic mess with your live governments are formed... sure.

I assume the advanced tech makes it possible to play lagless STO even with these distances?
Empire Veteran
# 7
07-24-2013, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkwing43 View Post
Ok lets make it a little more clear:
5. These alien are not here to eat you ...
You're not fooling me. It's a cookbook! It's a cookbook!
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Captain
# 8
07-24-2013, 11:59 AM
Republic Veteran
# 9
07-24-2013, 12:24 PM
How DARE they enter OUR solar system and mess with OUR Planets and then offer to 'Be Friends'!!! That is akin to my unknown neighbor Mowing MY Lawn, and then planting Flowers in a Bed on My Lawn, and then offering to 'Be Friends' with me!

Sovereign Territory!!!

They can just sit outside our solar system and chat with us on radio or whatever, an unoccupied probe would be acceptable to send in as a relay between our communications abilities and theirs.

AFTER we have built Planetary Defenses we MIGHT let them enter our system, Possibly.

We would love nothing more than to have a REAL 'Alien Autopsy' to display. Humans are DANGEROUS! We plant Animal Heads in rooms meant for relaxing. We have deliberately exterminated most of the other life on our own planet, they would be fools to let us out of our cage. If we can't get past our own innate nature on our own - them giving us a leg up will only lead to their extermination. Remember the Native Americans and how they were repaid for their kindness to the original English Settlers?
Captain
# 10
07-24-2013, 12:26 PM
I am glad a few of you like this idea better. lol The main goal is to advance the Human race, without all the hangups we have today. Sure not everyone would make this move, but for the ones that do, life will change for the better.

Without the main focus on what you will eat, where you will say, and how your going to get places. You can turn your energy on improving yourself, and learning new skills.

No one is will be there as BIG BROTHER, but you will finally get a Star Trek type setting to live your life. It's the goal of what the aliens have made for you on the new world.