Career Officer
# 11
07-25-2013, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
I think Catstar nailed it.

To me, a nerd is an angry, narrow-minded, over-obsessed fanboi. He is not your fellow Trekkie or Whovian or whatever. He's that one guy with a superiority complex and believes himself to be "the one true fan." He thinks that no other individual on this planet can match him in knowledge over his obsession and firmly believes his word in the fandom is absolute. If you get even one minor detail wrong, he will devote every fiber of his being into over-correcting your mistake, hoping it will scar you for the rest of your life. A reminder that if you're EVER wrong, he'll be there...waiting...

By that definition, I've never liked nerds. And I never will.
"...you under estimate the power of the Troll-side!" =G.G=
Deviant Art-Youtube- =^.^=The Red Pill
The path I choose to resist ARC
How Picard dealt with ARC!
Republic Veteran
# 12
07-25-2013, 07:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pivLTWIJ7xo

So that was for fellow Gays like myself, here is one for the breeder boys. Still, I say nerds are sexy.

http://thechive.com/2009/08/17/the-w...rds-20-photos/

Last edited by revlot; 07-25-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Captain
# 13
07-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffyvulcan View Post
Just curious...

How do you define the word "nerd"?
Nerds: "small irregularly-shaped bits of sugar crystal (similar to rock candy) which are covered with a thin candy-coating" -Wikipedia

Gotta love the Willy Wonka Candy Company!
Captain
# 14
07-25-2013, 05:00 PM
I am a nerd. I like Star Trek enough that I will watch an episode or a film I've seen many times before rather than go out to eat with my friends. I am uncomfortable in unfamiliar social situations and will keep to myself rather than take a chance on becoming acquainted with a new person. Because it always turns out badly and I wind up becoming the butt of yet another group of jokes.

I've been watching Star Trek since I was six years old and I've played every game ever based on it. I've also purchased every book or other item I could lay my hands on. My knowledge of Trek is larger than most peoples. I like this but I do not feel the need to rub other people's noses in it at every opportunity. Which is rude and not very nerd like at all.

The primary reason I think of myself as a Star Trek nerd is this: I trust Kirk, Spock, Bones, et al. I know they will never let me down or disappoint me.
On a mission to put the "Casual" back into "Casual Player"

The only gear any ship or Away Team really needs is a competent Captain.

Career Officer
# 15
07-25-2013, 05:52 PM
Nerd is just a word. When confronted by your nerdness you can be offended or you can feel good about yourself. Being a nerd or geek is nothing to be ashamed of instead it is something to be proud of. Nerds rule.

Vice Admiral Juda USS Manxman, Vice Admiral Hessed USS Shalom, Vice Admiral S'Motis RRW Sparrow, Vice Admiral Kadosh USS Yisrael, Vice Admiral Sh'ma USS Adonai, Lt Gen Rerrr IKS K'Rok