Lt. Commander
It seems like an obvious choice for the next foundry challenge. Just to be clear, I do not mean "Rom faction only" missions, since that is not possible. I mean Fed/KDF missions that are written from a Rom faction point of view, now that the Romulan faction is a thing and any Rom player will be allied with Fed or KDF. Hopefully this will happen so that the new Romulan faction can get some missions that are really designed from the ground up from their perspective

Last edited by devtracker; 07-25-2013 at 07:04 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
07-24-2013, 07:54 PM
Well, I have a Fed-allied Romulan mission that is 95% finished already, so that idea's just fine with me.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 3
07-24-2013, 08:05 PM
No spoilerz! (But I plan on straying away from "make a mission that features X faction". In regards to one that would be "make a mission that only members of the Romulan Republic will play," I would wait for the Foundry tech that allows authors to make missions that only Romulan Republic characters can play.*

*I don't know when this is happening.)

Cheers,

Brandnon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-24-2013, 08:17 PM
Just to be clear, I did not mean "Rom faction only" missions, since that is not possible. I meant Fed/KDF missions that are written from a Rom faction point of view, now that the Romulan faction is a thing and any Rom player will be allied with Fed or KDF. Hope that makes sense
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
07-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Build a pvp map contest ? :O
Captain
# 6
07-24-2013, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
No spoilerz! (But I plan on straying away from "make a mission that features X faction". In regards to one that would be "make a mission that only members of the Romulan Republic will play," I would wait for the Foundry tech that allows authors to make missions that only Romulan Republic characters can play.*

Cheers,

Brandnon =/\=
See, Brandnon (snicker), this is why I like you. You get it! You may not be able to give us super fixes or everything everyone wants... but you listen, and you get it!
Captain
# 7
07-24-2013, 08:31 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 07-24-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Career Officer
# 8
07-24-2013, 09:27 PM
I'd really like to put my vote out there for refraining from Foundry Challenges for awhile.

The Foundry is a mess right now, everyone knows it.

To post another "Challenge" right now would be at best foolish, and at worst disrepectful to authors. The tool is broken. Crash to Desktop for many users. Klingon Foundry totally unavailable to many users, SLOOOOOOW Preview map load times, pathing issues, broken maps on missions that still can't be republished because of said breaks.

I repeat for emphasis , The Foundry Is a Mess.
It would be totally unfair to ask authors to partake in a challenge when the tool used to create missions doesn't even work properly.

Just my two strips of latinum,
Peace,

Last edited by hippiejon; 07-24-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Career Officer
# 9
07-24-2013, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post

Cheers,

Brandnon =/\=
THIS JUST IN BRANFLAKES CONFIRMS FOUNDRY FOR ROMULANS, MORE AT 11!!!!

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Commander
# 10
07-25-2013, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post

The Foundry is a mess right now, everyone knows it.

To post another "Challenge" right now would be at best foolish, and at worst disrepectful to authors. The tool is broken. Crash to Desktop for many users. Klingon Foundry totally unavailable to many users, SLOOOOOOW Preview map load times, pathing issues, broken maps on missions that still can't be republished because of said breaks.

I repeat for emphasis , The Foundry Is a Mess.
And quoted for emphasis!

The Foundry needs some serious attention from the Dev team right now - it's hardly the time to 'showcase' this (former) great feature when it's in such a terrible state of disrepair!