Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2010, 08:21 AM
Same problem here, beta worked fine until today.

Upon trying to launch I get a "Failed System Specs Check" No matter which settings I pick the launch fails. I then get a "couldnt create a d3d device." Fatal Error: Unable to create render device.

No clue what the heck is wrong..
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2010, 08:32 AM
I installed it on another one of my computers and that one can get through (though it doesn't play it nearly as well as my gaming computer), so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it (and downloading the 8GB update again), and it still says "Disconnected from login server." Very frustrating.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2010, 08:33 AM
I'm in the same boat can't get past the log in screen
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2010, 08:34 AM
Same problem here.

I definately thought of purchasing the life-time sub, but now, I am so much disappointed, that the STO-team did not solve this issue through the hole beta and now even launches the pre-order without solving their server-capacity issue first.

So I do not buy the life-time sub now but better look if it will improve through the 1st month of gameplay. If not - my sub will be cancelled for sure...
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-30-2010, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aureleus View Post
I installed it on another one of my computers and that one can get through (though it doesn't play it nearly as well as my gaming computer), so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it (and downloading the 8GB update again), and it still says "Disconnected from login server." Very frustrating.
If I may ask, what's the difference in the 2 machines?
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-30-2010, 08:46 AM
no done anything diferent, managed to log on, via eu proxy and in safe mode, then it threw me out, then went back to the usual disconnect from login servers, had to restart my pc as it froze up, then back in as normal, no proxy or safe mode, but keep getting disoonnect every time i wrap into or out of a system. then it 3/4 attempts to log back on. seriously stressed out at this now, not funny anymore. and cryptic dosent seem to be doing anything about it

edit just checked my settings im on eu proxy server and managed to get in
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-30-2010, 08:52 AM
Are well all UK or Europe based players?
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-30-2010, 08:55 AM
I'm getting similiar problems as well. Most times I zone I get kicked now where as in the beta I had no problem.

Uk based btw.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-30-2010, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkie4life
Are well all UK or Europe based players?
Bentley Walker is my ISP, and they are UK based, although I believe the satellite I connect through sends me through a node in Italy before anywhere else.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-30-2010, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akalabeth
Same problem here, beta worked fine until today.

Upon trying to launch I get a "Failed System Specs Check" No matter which settings I pick the launch fails. I then get a "couldnt create a d3d device." Fatal Error: Unable to create render device.

No clue what the heck is wrong..
Ok found out my graphic card didnt have any drivers installed........weird cause it used to, i can now get to the logon screen, going to try creating a charac now