Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 104
# 1 useless drops from stfs
09-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Please come back SEASON 6, is it just me or drops from stfs are pure CRAP!
I wont get a single purple thing in like 50 queues, this is really shame, this game is really pissing me off
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,268
# 2
09-07-2013, 03:02 PM
They've always been crap. Even some of the purple drops are crap. The reason the drops aren't worth anything beyond the vendor value is because so many people run STFs, the supply might as well be unlimited.
tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,154
# 3
09-07-2013, 03:06 PM
stf's arent described as loot runs anyway.
though the lack of focus between different queues and the lack of any notable link between effort & reward in any of the team pve is an issue across the whole game.

though that you are convinced x y & z items are crap is a big show as to the balance in this game.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,535
# 4
09-07-2013, 03:07 PM
I consider borg neural processors, omega marks, and the dil something of worth...
Chive on and prosper

Anarchy Nexus recruitment thread
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 997
# 5
09-07-2013, 04:43 PM
The loot from STFs has always been crap tbh, though loot is not the main reason to run them. Omega marks and borg neural processors are far more valuable as they are used to acquire the best gear and items.
toDuj 'oS rol.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,757
# 6
09-07-2013, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stulpnagel View Post
Please come back SEASON 6, is it just me or drops from stfs are pure CRAP!
I wont get a single purple thing in like 50 queues, this is really shame, this game is really pissing me off
It is a shame that STF's do not have higher than average quality of drops as a matter of course. As special task force such a better quality of drop shoild be a given.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,535
# 7
09-07-2013, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
It is a shame that STF's do not have higher than average quality of drops as a matter of course. As special task force such a better quality of drop shoild be a given.
You don't want the old way...extremely low chance for a piece if gear to drop that getas rolled for.../shudder

Current way allows people to get maco/khg gear
Chive on and prosper

Anarchy Nexus recruitment thread
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,152
# 8
09-07-2013, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post
You don't want the old way...extremely low chance for a piece if gear to drop that getas rolled for.../shudder

Current way allows people to get maco/khg gear
I had no difficulty in getting MACO/Omega/KHG gear under the old system. Under the current system I can't even get the set I want until I reach Tier V Omega rep. Which takes a month assuming I log in every day to set the two rep projects (which assumes I also have enough O-marks for said projects, and also assumes that by the end I will have stockpiled thousands in order to buy whatever set I want).

This is not a better system. It's not a move up, it's a move sideways.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 496
# 9
09-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timezarg View Post
The reason the drops aren't worth anything beyond the vendor value is because so many people run STFs, the supply might as well be unlimited.
What's ironic about that is the Rep system was forced upon us because of the complaints from players that wanted the gear without playing the STF missions.
So, now these lazy petaQ *suffer* through one or 2 STF's every few days to get the Omega Marks they need for the Rep...and eventually the endgame MK XII sets.

We went from actually playing the missions for the gear to minimal participation for full access.
Hang your head in shame, Cryptic.
NO to ARC...Keep it in Beta

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,268
# 10
09-07-2013, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
It is a shame that STF's do not have higher than average quality of drops as a matter of course. As special task force such a better quality of drop shoild be a given.
Actually, I disagree. With a competent team, you can run an Elite Space STF in about 10-20 minutes. For that, you get nearly 1k dilithium, a bunch of Omega Marks, the vendorable drops/rewards (which will usually net you anywhere from 50-200k EC) AND the Borg Neural Processors, which can also be used to net you another 1k dilithium for every 5 BNPs.

Compared to a number of areas in the game, the eSTFs are already chock-full of rewards.

EDIT: Plus, you can get certain valuable gear using the Omega marks and the BNPs.
tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:17 PM.