Lieutenant
# 141
08-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newromulan1 View Post
They are cutting back on CB for 2 reasons:

KDF players were making too much EC

There was to low a price on CB ($35k) meaning too many people were able to use it to turn into dilithium

This is all part of the plan to lower dilithium in game and lower EC - forcing players to buy more Zen.

It's all working as intended.

I had the oddy 3 pack $50 so that I got the 2x slipstream for the tour - and I bet a lot of others did so as well - should we all get refunds now that they nerfed that?

It is what it is - no-one is getting refunds and they are not going to change anything back - just be glad you got what you got for so long farming the KDF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
LOL. I love posts like this.

*pats the conspiracy nut on the head*
Actually if you look at how all the other games PWE "published" have been run, for the most part, that is SOP for them.
Captain
# 142
08-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
I tried out a pair of Advanced Slaver hangars a year ago... and they did virtually zero stealing then. In a week I got maybe five contraband.

I think the denial is from people who think slavers were ever worthwhile. Sorry.
ive made almost 400m from my slavers in the past 6 months..

i dont doff much. i dont use the CB, i sell it.

since the nerf patch ive only gotten about 300 total.

i used to avg about 300 a week.

like i said, i used to get about 20 or so every couple STFs.. now i am lucky to go a whole day getting 1 or 2.

altho i did just log in and got 4 right off.. maybe they increased it again.. i hope so

edit: it was a fluke
ran 3 more missions and got nothing at all. just some EC.. which i dont need..
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.

Last edited by aarons9; 08-08-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Commander
# 143
08-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
LOL. I love posts like this.

*pats the conspiracy nut on the head*
he's right though, every game change has been towards the goal of less *free* dilithium and ec income and more towards CS sales/zen <>dil conversion. starbases, doffs, starbase additions, fleet equips, specialized weapons, crafting, all dilithium sinks. buy doff packs, sell for ec. you can still grind away to get the same...but that's not fun nor fast. which is the whole strat. grind or buy.

you're a blind self deluded fool if you can't see that trend.

the nerf to a lackluster unit that only had one saving grace which was the chance to steal contra...they might as well remove slavers entirely. the investment for advanced/elites is no longer worth the return.
Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
Empire Veteran
# 144
08-09-2013, 11:34 AM
I guess it's a good thing that I passed on the Elite Slavers when I had the chance to buy them last month.
Empire Veteran
# 145
08-09-2013, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadspacex64 View Post
he's right though, every game change has been towards the goal of less *free* dilithium and ec income and more towards CS sales/zen <>dil conversion. starbases, doffs, starbase additions, fleet equips, specialized weapons, crafting, all dilithium sinks. buy doff packs, sell for ec. you can still grind away to get the same...but that's not fun nor fast. which is the whole strat. grind or buy.

you're a blind self deluded fool if you can't see that trend.

the nerf to a lackluster unit that only had one saving grace which was the chance to steal contra...they might as well remove slavers entirely. the investment for advanced/elites is no longer worth the return.
The only reason slavers were ever created is back before f2p the KDF only had a hand full of vocal people including myself that were kind of annoyed when they said orion interceptors were going to be taken away from the marauder and put into a +1 ship and being sold again after most KDF players had already purchased the ability. So the slavers were just a medium to try to please the trend of you buy and we taketh away and re-sell it to you.

Although this time they do heavy nerfs on damage and design output of these pets so if you want maximum ability of their new changes that you will buy elite stuff. I'm pretty much done with that game once they remove most of what I've already obtained and try to re-sell it to me I'll just go elsewhere for my entertainment.
Empire Veteran
# 146
08-15-2013, 06:01 PM
Another update done... I saw "Hanger pet" in the release notes and I started to get excited.. I still have hope that they will change this..

At least provide a better rate of stealing other things if Cryptic doesn't want us to have contraband..

Still hoping they will do the right thing.

Mostly a KDF player
Fleet *Working as Intended. Not a slam, just a way of life... contact me in game for invite @emt27
Captain
the HP is lower then any other fighter the dps is lower then any other fighter and they no longer steal contraband like they say they do..

so.. whats the deal?

i have pretty much stopped using them on all of my chars due to the nerf..
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Survivor of Romulus
# 148
08-21-2013, 09:58 PM
Yep, they got nerfed into uselessness. There are no plans to change them back they are working as intended.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Captain
# 149
08-22-2013, 05:37 PM
The Elite Verison has great dps, but yeah in every other way they screwed them up or failed to fix them properly. And the advance and basic verisons don't have the dps even, the Elites are the only verison worth bothering with now.
Ensign
# 150
08-22-2013, 05:55 PM
Oh, I was wondering why they don't steal contraband.
So I just wasted 30k dil on that junk, eh? Just great.