Lt. Commander
MMORPG.com's Keith Cross caught up with Jack Emmert, chief creative officer of Cryptic Studios, at GenCon 2008 to talk about Star Trek Online, customization, combat, consoles and more!

Check out the video interview here!
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-22-2008, 05:28 PM
awesome interview,watching it again now.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the link, Kestrel!

Also, love the sig. Didn't know anyone in this century quoted Tarbolde. Give me Canopan poetry over Klingon opera any day. Less bleeding from the ears and nose, at the very least!

KOS
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Nice interview Answered more than a few questions I had.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-22-2008, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirksOtherSon View Post
Thanks for the link, Kestrel!

Also, love the sig. Didn't know anyone in this century quoted Tarbolde. Give me Canopan poetry over Klingon opera any day. Less bleeding from the ears and nose, at the very least!

KOS
Whee! Someone finally noticed the Trek reference in my sig!
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-22-2008, 06:05 PM
Thanks.

I guess my only comment is poor Jack he is all decked out in Champions Online gears (Shirt/Lanear) nad everyone seems like they wanna talk Trek.

Not to worry Jack, I will be trying both =D So it is all worth it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-22-2008, 06:07 PM
I'm very interested in that it seems that Jack was talking more concrete design choices than I remember from the Vegas presentation.

It particularly struck me during his discussion of PvP options they plan on making available to players. Whereas Vegas struck me as being rather general, delimited and vague; I'm getting the impression that Jack's more willing to be open about design choices with this interview.

But then, I recall Jack making statements only to have to recant them in CoX -- the pre-Inventions SSOCS comes to mind quite readily. It's not really a fault. The players want to hear the promise of upcoming content. But I do think he and the team have learned things about the difference between promise and making promises.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Gah, figures this one has to come while I am on the job. Won't be home for three days, and can't get the darned website to load up on my mobile.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-22-2008, 06:12 PM
Nice interview hearing jack speak abotu the game gives me some confidence that they really do want to make this a great trek game and not an mmo with the st ip.

"we want to bring star trek to life, I dont want to just create an mmo that just happens to have a star trek skin on it thats somehing that I really want to avoid"

Nice to hear him say that
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-22-2008, 06:27 PM
thanks guys nice vid