Lt. Commander
# 11
08-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Thanks for posting the vid. Jack answered a few questions, though now I have others I was especially pleased to here him say Cryptic isn't trying to make STO Champions with a Star Trek skin on it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-22-2008, 06:47 PM
Please thank Jack for doing that interview.

In particular:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezlabor View Post
"We want to bring Star Trek to life. I dont want to just create an MMO that just happens to have a Star Trek skin on it -- that's something that I really want to avoid."
This quote needs to be pasted at the top of every page of every official Cryptic web site concerning Star Trek Online. It would eliminate a massive amount of hand-wringing (possibly even including some that I've done).

--Flatfingers
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-22-2008, 06:50 PM
Did you all see the Fat dude playing with him self in the back ground
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dext View Post
Did you all see the Fat dude playing with him self in the back ground
Sigh. Talk about distracting.

Note to anybody doing a video interview: Don't hesitate to politely ask someone to step out of the shot. The person you're interviewing will almost certainly appreciate it.

--Flatfingers
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Very nice... now if we could just get some storyline info... you know whats "Alpha/Beta Quadrent Today!, you live here, and we deliver the breaking news."

Honestly thats what I want to most right now is... why are the Feds/Klingons fighting, whats going on, where are the romulans... what happened to the Cardassian Union? I don't wana come off sounding ungreatful but many of these interviews ask the same questions over and over again... so if possible (I know as a game company its nice to keep the game kinda quiet due to many factors) I'd love to hear something new.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-22-2008, 07:04 PM
Awesome!! 3D space!! Iif it was 2D space it would have taken a lot away from the game I think.. now players will at least feel like they're flying through space, and not just a black 2D ocean.

Nice.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Wooooot !! Cheers excellent Interview !!
Keep em coming
So excited
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-22-2008, 07:25 PM
First thing: I loved it. Tell Emerett i feel he did an excellent job with this interview.

His discussion on ground combat and how he was considering things like Mass Effect for insperation for the combat on the ground and his emphasis on how he did *not* want this to just be a typical MMO/RPG with a star trek skin was very encouraging.

Further, his talking about how even though they are considering consoles, they are not dumbing down anything for it is as well very encouraging (imo). I very much like this interview and two thumbs up to Jack.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-22-2008, 07:45 PM
Loved the interview, and I still think he looks really cute

*swoons when Statesman smiles*
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeEngima View Post
Loved the interview, and I still think he looks really cute

*swoons when Statesman smiles*
Golly. Is it pon farr season on Vulcan already?

KOS