Ensign
I don't know if this is the right section to post this, but you do have to get to tier 5 Romulan Reputation to trigger this mission.

I am on New Romulus doing the mission in the underground ruins. When I get to the last section where I have to defeat the Tholian Captain (after shutting down the power plant) he keeps jumping over the railing into the lava area below. I can still see a red enemy dot where he is, but I cannot target him or jump down there. This has happened repeatedly and I am unable to complete the underground ruins mission and get to where I can signal D'Tan because of this.

I need to do this mission to complete the Romulan reputation, but this glitch it making it impossible.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I sent in a support ticket, but the last ticket I sent in about another problem I am having has gone unanswered for over a month now. I don't have much confidence in the Cryptic support team and wanted to know if this is happening to others.

@Lexxatech
Captain
# 2
07-25-2013, 01:54 PM
have you tried quantum mortar spam?
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Ensign
# 3
07-26-2013, 03:31 AM
Yeah i had this problem today which was annoying for my Reman tac so I had to teleport out of there which I wasnt impressed by not completing it
Career Officer
# 4
07-28-2013, 11:15 AM
I ran through all of the Rom missions yesterday and had no problems with that one. Or rather, no problems after my twelfth respawn.

Whomever at Cryptic thought it'd be a good mission design to surround Tholian Captains with multiple Commanders, please don't make any more missions.

Now I have to wait for a 20-hour timer to expire so I can re-do mountain pass because it let me finish without letting me submit the recording at the end, leaving that on my mission list.
Captain
# 5
07-28-2013, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
I ran through all of the Rom missions yesterday and had no problems with that one. Or rather, no problems after my twelfth respawn.

Whomever at Cryptic thought it'd be a good mission design to surround Tholian Captains with multiple Commanders, please don't make any more missions.
I would think they made it so the rewards are in line with the difficulty, to me it was fine for the 35k unrefined dilithium and 750 Romulan marks.

I did have the same problem as the OP however when I left and then went back in it didn't happen again.
Ensign
# 6
07-29-2013, 03:43 PM
I finally did manage to complete this mission after restarting it several times.

Players can't jump over the railings in that area, would it really be so hard to make so the Tholians can't go over them also? Seems like a simple fix to a glitch that is effecting multiple players.
Captain
# 7
07-29-2013, 03:49 PM
Is this the final room?
Was it the Tholian Captain?

My solution was "simple". I committed "suicide" by taking off the suit. After respawning, the tholian Captain magically appeared near me.